Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires?

2...Next

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    For some reason my vampires cannot eat the plasma fruit salad , they just throw up as soon as they try .

Mine do the same. I think it's cause of the withered stomach weakness.

Yep, that's why. Something that doesn't make a lot of sense - that should be the one food that they can prepare and eat. Instead, they can't eat anything prepared, but apparently can eat any harvestable without becoming ill even though only the plasma fruit will do anything for them. Go figure...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I'm wondering why feeding good vampires is such a challenge? I have two vampires in one household that are good and it's costing a fortune for the plasma packs. They have a few plasma trees on their property but the fruit is even worse than the plasma packs for filling the thirst bar. Fishing is generally boring and shouldn't really be a thing that vampires have to spend their entire undead life doing. I'm feeling some what frustrated that they made it so difficult to keep a good vampire well fed.

A good vampire can feed from other sims, they just have to ask permission first so they wont feel guilty. The higher the friendship the more likely they will allow it. If your reputation is high enough even strangers will let you drink from them.

That's actually good to know. My vampires don't have the greatest reputations at the moment. I'm still learning how to play them so I did have them feed on sims without permission a few times. I really hope I can salvage the damage caused by my noobness in the future. :D

Did you know that if you buy the vampiric entrance power (two power points I think) you can travel to the house of a sim that lives alone. You can vampirically enter the lot and then drink from the sim who lives there. Your reputation won't go down if nobody sees it happening (:<
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited April 2019
    Gosh, everyone has such great ways to play vampires.

As for me, all of my vampires get a bat form, and vampirism is also not curable in this world. Once you're undead, you're undead. Besides that, their powers/weaknesses may vary a lot.
    Some vampires have figured out how to put up a human disguise, while others are stuck looking like their dark form the whole time.

I don't see vampires as being fertile by default, but vampires can still be born to human parents if the lot they were conceived on was cursed with the Dark Ley Line lot trait.
    Coincidentally, both of my born vampires ended up having bright pink eyes, likely due to one or both parents not being vampires themselves. This was unplanned, but I'm rolling with it.

Alien vampire hybrids have an alien appearance, and vampire powers. Both at once isn't possible, unfortunately.

Actually, does the Carefree reward trait also cancel out the tenseness we get from the Dayphobia weakness? I need to test that out. I wanted my sim to be weak during daytime, but he's not the type to get all tense about it.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Magdaleena wrote: »

As for me, all of my vampires get a bat form, and vampirism is also not curable in this world. Once you're undead, you're undead. Besides that, their powers/weaknesses may vary a lot.
    Some vampires have figured out how to put up a human disguise, while others are stuck looking like their dark form the whole time.

I don't see vampires as being fertile by default, but vampires can still be born to human parents if the lot they were conceived on was cursed with the Dark Ley Line lot trait.
    Coincidentally, both of my born vampires ended up having bright pink eyes, likely due to one or both parents not being vampires themselves. This was unplanned, but I'm rolling with it.

Alien vampire hybrids have an alien appearance, and vampire powers. Both at once isn't possible, unfortunately.

Actually, does the Carefree reward trait also cancel out the tenseness we get from the Dayphobia weakness? I need to test that out. I wanted my sim to be weak during daytime, but he's not the type to get all tense about it.

Yes, I can confirm that the Carefree reward trait does cancel out Day Phobia, which is very handy for sims like yours who wouldn't normally get tense. :) Alas my poor Good Vampire is the type to get tense about most things bless him, so he isn't Carefree, but he has good Emotional Control and is able to distract himself with cleaning/chores, listening to music, playing guitar/piano, exercise, chess, relaxing lavender baths, meditation etc. so Day Phobia doesn't bother him much if at all. Plus it's hard to stay tense with a cute toddler around.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have never played with them.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

I've actually had a few alien/vampire hybrids, and they can have both alien and vampire powers. Some have looked like aliens others have looked normal (alien disguise) and a dark form.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I play many vampires, different households. At the beginning I had doubts about vampires having kids because of inmortality. Now only some of the more powerful vampires have kids. It is cool to play that:

My main vampire Jules and his daughter Topacio at the nightclub:
    vgcjLtW.png

Caleb and his son Edgar. BTW Caleb is a really good dad:
    pJ0l3Fd.png

Nathaniel, who in my story is the oldest vampire, with her twins at the yoga class (their mom was Candy Behr, she is now a ghost after dying tragically):
    kLfwtUl.png

I use the powers and weaknesses to define categories of vampires, for example: only born vampires can convert other sims.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Never played them, only bought the pack on sale for the biuld/buy objects. I actually delete all vampires via mccc.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I play my vampires as if they were suffering from some sort of virus. Some just try to live a normal life, some will live as if they were superior and become so by using their powers. They can't give birth or impregnate while in the vampire's state, but some of them had kids before becoming vampires. None of them has a different dark form from their normal form, except they grow vampires teeth while in that dark form.

I've actually had a few alien/vampire hybrids, and they can have both alien and vampire powers. Some have looked like aliens others have looked normal (alien disguise) and a dark form.

I had one who had literally both life states at once, and she kept glitching out in CAS. She just wouldn't stay the way I made her. So I ended up having to remove her Alien trait. True alien/vampire hybrids just don't work, at least not as children, in my experience. Are you sure you had sims with both at once?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr

I had one who had literally both life states at once, and she kept glitching out in CAS. She just wouldn't stay the way I made her. So I ended up having to remove her Alien trait. True alien/vampire hybrids just don't work, at least not as children, in my experience. Are you sure you had sims with both at once?

Yeah they definitely had both at once. They worked fine but like you say CAS I had trouble with them. I couldn't do anything with them in CAS until they were teens or else they would just revert back to their alien form for everything including their disguise. As teens I could change their disguise and darkform, I think they are the only 2 that show in CAS that are editable. But outside of CAS I couldn't remove or alter their disguise, if I did they would revert to their true alien form for all looks and I couldn't ever change it. But they definitely had both sets of powers.

Yeah they definitely had both at once. They worked fine but like you say CAS I had trouble with them. I couldn't do anything with them in CAS until they were teens or else they would just revert back to their alien form for everything including their disguise. As teens I could change their disguise and darkform, I think they are the only 2 that show in CAS that are editable. But outside of CAS I couldn't remove or alter their disguise, if I did they would revert to their true alien form for all looks and I couldn't ever change it. But they definitely had both sets of powers.

Good to know!

What was their plumbob like?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr

Good to know!

What was their plumbob like?
    Once they were teens they had the vampire plumbob but I can't remember if for child and toddler they had the normal one or the alien one. I have one family with 2 hybrids on the gallery if you want to check them out, my ID is wiccanwonder and it's the Lovell family.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My current vampire household has babies. Cordelia has the Vampire Family aspiration so I have her expanding that family both by turning adults and by having babies. Right now they have two little ones, and her husband had an alien baby before she turned him, so it's a pretty full house. She has turned one adult so far, and that vampire moved in with Vlad. Backstory is that Vlad turned her and he wants her to create more vampires for him, and everyone she does turn then ends up in his brood up in the mansion. She and her husband raise the biological children, who are both vampires even though the oldest was born when his father was still human, and the little alien.

Cordelia is a bit conflicted, sometimes drinking without permission, sometimes asking her mother and siblings for a drink, and she makes a lot of plasma fruit salad. I recently gave her the guilty weakness so she feels bad if she drinks without permission. She's in the botanist career and has a little plasma fruit orchard in the backyard. Her husband Wolfgang is not at all conflicted. He has the public enemy aspiration and does not care what anyone thinks. Every evening as soon as it gets dim enough in Forgotten Hollow he goes out and feeds on one of the walkbys. He never goes to work thirsty (he's working night shifts in the criminal career). He has the withered stomach weakness so he can't rely on plasma fruit, and he doesn't really want to.

I have a lot of interesting ideas for the vampire brood, but I play in rotation with all of Cordelia's siblings so it takes me a while to accomplish goals with any one household. I'm planning on having her turn Ulrike & Maaike from Windenberg, and Raj and Akira from San Myshuno. Then I'm going to do all kinds of crazy story ideas with that household while Cordelia's remains supernatural family play.
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    > @Jasonschick80 said:
    > Well, the baby part depends on the partner. If the partner is human there is a 50/50 chance that the baby will be vampire.
    >
    > My Mafia vampire had twins with his human lady. Hades(son) came out human and Angel(daughter) came out a vampire. They had another daughter later and she came out human as well.
    >
    > It does seem kinda weird that they are all the same age at YA but I think you can still age up vampires to create an elder/youngling kinda system.

Everytime I have a human/vampire have a child it is always a vampire..
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    Vampires is the only game pack that I do not have and am hesitant to buy...mostly because I am afraid a vampire NPC might turn one of my sims into a vamp that I don't want to..how often does this happen in game?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2019
    Britta wrote: »
    Vampires is the only game pack that I do not have and am hesitant to buy...mostly because I am afraid a vampire NPC might turn one of my sims into a vamp that I don't want to..how often does this happen in game?

It doesn't.

You may have one occasionally break into your home and feed on your Sim, but there is no autonomous turning.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > Britta wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires is the only game pack that I do not have and am hesitant to buy...mostly because I am afraid a vampire NPC might turn one of my sims into a vamp that I don't want to..how often does this happen in game?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It doesn't.
    >
    > You may have one occasionally break into your home and feed on your Sim, but there is no autonomous turning.

Thanks for the info! That makes me feel better about it...I will probably buy it soon then :)
    > @Anmirla said:
    > Britta wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires is the only game pack that I do not have and am hesitant to buy...mostly because I am afraid a vampire NPC might turn one of my sims into a vamp that I don't want to..how often does this happen in game?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It doesn't.
    >
    > You may have one occasionally break into your home and feed on your Sim, but there is no autonomous turning.

Thanks for the info! That makes me feel better about it...I will probably buy it soon then :)

To prevent them breaking into your home just first get a message from a former vampire that says "Welcome to the neighbourhood! Your neck looks lovely* or something like that. Once you get the message lock your doors immediately. Possibly the next following night he will come and stare at your door. Problem solved :D
    I have to confess... onetime I saved the Vatore siblings to my library, Remade them and made them husband and wife. Lillith is now pregnant (3rd trimester). I regret nothing!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

It doesn't.

You may have one occasionally break into your home and feed on your Sim, but there is no autonomous turning.

Also, Vampires cannot get past locked doors.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Sharonia - Such a cool thread! For me, my vampire gameplay is where I can be super creative, thinking very far outside of the box as it relates to storylines and play a little bit dark. I have a rotational vampire save, and they're the same vampire family I've been playing since Vampire GP was released. As it relates to ages, I kind of have my own vampire lore, so I see some of my older vampires as centuries years old.

My vampire gameplay started with one of my favorite Sims who was born in game, when TS4 first came out, Kelsi Lothario (granddaughter of Don Lothario). She was captured by Vlad, and held in his basement, eventually him turning her vampire against her will. She met another vampire, Ambrose Gautier, who was also one of Vlad's slaves, helped Kelsi adjust to being a vampire. They eventually fell in love and came up with this master plan to takeover, & kill Vlad, which they did. The Gautier's are now the top family in Forgotten Hollow. So the story is essentially about the Gautier Legacy and power & the obstacles that Ambrose/Kelsi have faced, not only to protect their families legacy but also the ups and downs in their relationship/marriage. I do play rotational, so each of their kids has their own storyline as well.

Since they're vampires, I always say that anything goes. There's no storyline that's 'too crazy' or 'too out there'. I always try to use different strengths and weaknesses and experiment with that. I try to pick things that fit the character. But I love vampire gameplay. I like the duels, etc.

I'll show you one of my favorite vampires who was born in game. Ambrose was abducted by aliens and had a baby, that I named Aspen. I think alien/vampire hybrids are broken. But by far, Aspen is the most powerful vampire that I have. She's full vampire with alien powers. & I think she just looks totally rad.

bvpRBBA.png
    sVDXSo8.png

I'm a huge X-Men fan, so Aspen reminds me of Nightcrawler. I didn't plan for Ambrose to get pregnant lol, it just happened in game and I flowed with it. So much has happened in this Save, all these unexpected events which just makes vampires just that much more enjoyable.

Good luck to you on your vampire play. There's a thread called Bare Your Fangs, that I will direct you to, if you're interesting in getting some vampire inspiration. Happy Simming
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Also, I might have a thing for ladies with fangs. *cough*

Anyway, I tend to fall in love with my starter sims and have to fight to not turn them into vampires before they turn elders. I am already feeling it for this playthrough again...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2019
    With this it mostly depends on the sim, the very first that I ever made though was actually because Straud was lurking around my Wren household trying to get into the house after I initially bought the pack >.>

I did what any perfectly rational person would do about the situation... I made Darth Maul, (i mean sith eyes are literally right there in the creation screen, I had to.) raised him to grand master vampire with third tier strength and other such powers and took him around stripping the powers from every other vampire in that particular game, then had him depower and ghostify Straud... and.. he works surprisingly perfectly as a vampire.. dark meditation looks amazing on him.

I have created other vampires since then, and usually base their powers around the personality of the sim and what they wanted to accomplish when they became vampires to begin with.

My general setup is that I have a number of "turned" vampires built around two "pure" vampires, my heroic character Veralesca Drakul, and my full on evil vampire Vladmir Drakul (who stole her name, their entire storyline is that they have been feuding for centuries, he's obsessed with her.)

I worked on getting the two of them most every power in the book, with their weaknesses reflecting the fact that Veralesca is closer to human with a lot of trauma in her history (nightmares, and restlessness for example) while Vladmir is a flat out monster with full on weakness against sunlight instead of being a day walker like Veralesca, insatiable thirst and the sloppy drinker trait.

Though all of my vampires have the withered stomach weakness which I based entirely around Underworld, it wouldn't make sense to me for them to keep eating normal food.

With the "turned" characters like Hans (Frozen-world) I gave him the more manipulation-based powers, because he was already like that beforehand, his entire goal was to have control over people-- so that's what he gained from Vladmir turning him

Anna on the other hand is getting strength based powers because her entire goal when Veralesca turned her was to protect Elsa who was soul drained protecting her from Vladmir, and to take Arendelle back from him and Hans.

I also recreated the Cullen family (based on their visual novel appearance) as more traditional vampires (they all have fangs! :open_mouth: ) with the alteration that in their backstory it was Veralesca who turned Carlisle after finding him soul drained (again by Vladmir)

Their powers and weaknesses are still in line with what they already had for the most part, they all have the guilty drinker trait, and they are all full on day walkers.
    Post edited by Amavari on
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Early on I played a vampire with the Kleptomaniac trait -- it was kind of fun using Vampiric Entrance to pick up an item along with a midnight snack. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)