Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

React in Disgust

Hey Simmers! Is anyone else noticing their Sims constantly have the "React in Disgust" interaction show in their action queue constantly? My Sims get that interaction every couple minutes of gameplay and I keep having to remove it and it's getting on my nerves.

Also, my Sim keeps changing into his beekeeping hat every time he wears a towel from getting out of a shower/bath.

Does anyone know of any fixes for these?

Comments

• godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Yes, happens all the time with my sims, even among family members. I believe it is associated with Get Famous and celebrities after a certain fame level.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It's been happening a lot lately with my sim Wolf. Her father sold to the head of the biggest crime family in my game I am playing now. I am trying to create a sim like Villian Deku and she is married to him. It's not like he is doing something gross or her personality traits should logically make her that way. It'll be during romantic interactions, casual interactions and she isn't unflirty where I could understand her reactions to being disgusted by romantic interactions. She isn't a snob with that face that always looks like she smelled a really bad fart all day. Sorry, I hope that isn't something I can get into trouble for saying. If it is I apologize. I don't have any of my script mods reinstalled yet just some of the CC I have.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    I downloaded a mod to stop the react in disgust.

My Sims keep wearing random boots with their towels.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm not sure if it's the same issue but I have noticed my sims complaining about messes that aren't there since the last patch.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's the same issue but I have noticed my sims complaining about messes that aren't there since the last patch.

I keep thinking I'm running into this, but then it always turns out there's a mess hidden in bathroom or something that my Sim noticed and I didn't find until later.

I do wish there was an interaction for "clean up whatever mess is bothering you!" for Neat Sims. (I know they can do a cleaning frenzy sometimes but not always.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Sharonia wrote: »

I keep thinking I'm running into this, but then it always turns out there's a mess hidden in bathroom or something that my Sim noticed and I didn't find until later.

I do wish there was an interaction for "clean up whatever mess is bothering you!" for Neat Sims. (I know they can do a cleaning frenzy sometimes but not always.)

Yea they should have a “Clean Up Everything” type of interaction at all times, since they’re Neat.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    it makes sense around people they dont know, and i wish it would work that way around people they have no friendship with but man. reacting in disgust to their pets? their kids? what the hell!
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Would you mind sharing the mod? I just want it to stop haha It shows up almost between every interaction.
    Yes, happens all the time with my sims, even among family members. I believe it is associated with Get Famous and celebrities after a certain fame level.

That might be it because both my Sims are celebrities. I already had to download a mod to stop them from using the ridiculous fame walk.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There are more than one mod to stop the react in disgust interaction... The one I use if from coolspear if I remember correctly. As for the beekeeper suit.. I'm pretty sure it is a bug and the only way to solve it is with MCCC dresser by blacklisting it for situation's outfits.

Would you mind sharing the mod? I just want it to stop haha It shows up almost between every interaction.

Pretty sure this is the one I use
    http://modthesims.info/d/621305/get-famous-no-react-in-disgust.html
    SiliClone wrote: »
    There are more than one mod to stop the react in disgust interaction... The one I use if from coolspear if I remember correctly. As for the beekeeper suit.. I'm pretty sure it is a bug and the only way to solve it is with MCCC dresser by blacklisting it for situation's outfits.

I have MCCC installed but only know the basics of it. I didn't know that was an option but I'll do that! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

I've been waiting to hear confirmation if this still works after the latest patch. I keep a tab up for it to check daily if it's updated, but so far nothing has happened.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »

I've been waiting to hear confirmation if this still works after the latest patch. I keep a tab up for it to check daily if it's updated, but so far nothing has happened.

I added it to my game yesterday and I believe it worked. I think there was one time an interaction popped up but it disappeared before I could see what it was.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If you are getting a mess you don't see - usually hiring a maid for a day will get rid of it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    Its a bug with 4 and 5 star celebrities.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    If you are getting a mess you don't see - usually hiring a maid for a day will get rid of it.

It's not a mess because they get the interaction ALL the time. No matter what room of the house they're in or what lot they're on it always pops up.
    dfstone wrote: »
    Its a bug with 4 and 5 star celebrities.

I added in a mod so I'm hoping it will work. I figured it was just another obnoxious bug that probably won't get fixed.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I thought It's been fixed in 1.49 ?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    I thought It's been fixed in 1.49 ?

I've still been seeing it in my game and it's fully updated.
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    That bug is still hanging around. My sims are constantly disgusted for no apparent reason.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had the bug go away when they did whatever the patch was last time to fix it, and now after Island Living it seems to be back as my sim is crazy about her husband and she reacts in disgust, or rather she ques it up but she usually de-ques it on her own, not ever actually acting it out.
  • LynxKittenLynxKitten Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but it seems like either the bug is back, or it wasn't fixed. My current sim is a 5-star celeb, and every like 30 in game minutes she reacts in disgust to something. She's a vampire, so I wondered if that was the cause, but this has happened on other sims that were a 5-star but not a vamp. I'm gonna test that mod out, (http://modthesims.info/d/621305/get-famous-no-react-in-disgust.html) and see if it works. Seeing her reacts in disgust, I get annoyed lmao.
  • RhaeTargaryenRhaeTargaryen Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg!!! This bug is really starting to get into my nerves. Is there a place so I can report it??
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    3 star celebrities are doing it again too
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    despite the adjustments made recently, react in digust is still going with family members and friends. i really wish EA would remove it from the game, it doesn't do anything apart from wasting time between orders.