Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you change your sim's clothes?

1235...Next

Comments

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Other (comment if you want)
    When my sims reach a certain age I give them a new look

Also I make my sims dress up for the seasonal holidays
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Some of my more fashionable sims will have different outfits for each category which will randomize their looks. Otherwise, most will wear the same thing like they're cartoon characters.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Whenever I feel like I want to see them wearing something new and when they attend events.
  • brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    When sims age from teens to young adults I make them new outfits. From there, it's pretty rare. Maybe 1-2 times more in their life. If the toddlers are born with ridiculous clothes, I'll change those too.
  • BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    I normally use all five slots for each category however I do change them as they age (eg. for child sims I tend to put them in more trendy/grown up outfits as they get nearer teens so they appear more like tweens or when sims age from YA to adult I usually give them more conservative outfits etc).
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I change outfits when they age up or for special events.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    When the age up or when they have a drastic life change (like a teenager who decides to go goth, a grandparent who feels too old, a major sudden change in income and status, etc).
    I don't change them often. I play on a slightly longer timeline than long lifespan (thanks to MCCC) and don't make drastic changing to Sims' personalities lightly. Other than that, I don't change anything. I play for the story. If new clothes benefit the story that I have created, then I change them.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Usually only when they age lol
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Like most simmers I do it when they age also. When their is a wedding I make sure the bride and groom have a nice outfit. But normally I'll wait until they age and then set up a bunch of different outfits so they can wear different styles on different days.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I usually give my sim a make over every major life change or so, I pretty much only do rag to riches challenges mixed in with a Supersim/legacy hybrid with smaller little challenges mixed in for my spares when I need a change of pace, so my sims often start off in rags a grungy 'homeless' clothes, then once they get some cash they get 'budget' looking clothes. THen as their funds increase, usually about 6000 simoleons I give them another makeover, as my sims have kids they get a more "mom" type taste in style as more kids are added they begin to take less care of themselves but the kids sure look pretty good base on what their parents income is like, once I reach the top of a career everything is all out, stereotypical richy rich person with only the most extravagant clothes.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    For normal sims usually after they aged up, dress them appropriately based on their age, for vampire only after a while.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • godzilla166godzilla166 Posts: 68 Member
    I usually just set up several everyday outfits and let them change randomly after a shower but don't really edit after that unless I get a new custom content piece I like. As far as in-game, I usually just keep Sims in everyday outfit but occasionally the party outfit or formal if situation calls for it :) .
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Only if like they are wearing young adult crop tops and have kids afterwards then I will give them mom clothes. Since I have City Living ep the randomized outfits after sims grow-up are uglier than the base game so after I age up my sims I IMMEDIATELY change them! Especially grandparents.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It is not unusual for my sims to wear the same clothes through their life, but for sims that are more important I often give a couple of outfits and may change their style a bit as they age up. I have tried to narrow down my main families, so maybe I will have more energy to focus on their clothes at some point. I would like that.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Hoo boy, it depends. Sometimes it's seasonal, sometimes I change their clothes for an event, sometimes I'm just tired of looking at a particular outfit. My sims are subject to me sporadically deciding they need makeovers all the time, good thing they can't get annoyed by it :D
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Every season
    I change outfit choices to seasonal ones so they always have holiday outfits ready to change into. Teen Sims are dressed in usual teen-like outfits so they are easier to spot in the worlds. I also give them hairstyles that are a bit wilder, might be streaked with color, etc. Every Sim I play is given a certain style that depends on what type of personality I give them. Of course, this is not trait based, but what I have in mind for them as I build a story for them. CC clothing is often deleted after a few months as I am constantly looking for new items. Out with the old and in with the new keeps my game feeling fresh. I wish I could bear to part with some of my clothes as easily. LOL Even though I have several different bathrobes, I always reach for a lavender one that is just too cozy and comfy to part with. Perhaps that is why all my Sims have always had a super comfy outfit in their outfit choices for them to wear on their days off; then I change the hairstyle to a messy one, and give them fluffy socks to wear also. There is nothing cuter than seeing an entire household of Sims lounging around in comfy clothes while playing Wake The Llama. LOL
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I rarely actually play and just use it for Simlit purposes, so i change their outfits when i'm either making edits or going to screenshot for a chapter. When i do play, i'll give them 2-3 outfit choices to fit the sim season.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I usually change them whenever they age up