Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you change your sim's clothes?

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Other (comment if you want)
    I usually change based on when they age up or move in or out of a place (life event = new style)

Another major reason to change their style up a bit is when I get new DLC content. I don't fully change them up just revamp their style a bit ^_^
  • RagnvaldRagnvald Posts: 45 Member
    Most of my sims have 5 outfits in each category so they can change as they see fit. I only change their outfits on age up and occasionally if a particular sim has some life changing circumstances happening to them (ie. I decide to take them in a different direction story wise than I originally had intended). and then there are ofcourse the occasions of new stuff/game/expansion packs, that usually result in some changes to outfits.
    "When i became a man i put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    every season sounds logic but I never do that actually. I usually create 5 outfits in CAS and with every new age phase, I change their clothes and hair/make-up as well. Sometimes if i get bored of seeing the same outfits or when I downloaded CC, i change their outfits but usually not more than twice in a life phase.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I don't play often but have been playing a lot more than building as of late. I change their clothing according to the season but, if I get bored enough, I'll add an outfit here and there. I give them 4 regular, every day outfits, 1 formal, 1 or 2 exercise outfits, 2 sleep outfits (1 for warm weather, 1 for cold weather), 1 hot weather outfit, 1 party outfit, and 2 cold weather outfits because fall and winter and spring call for different outfits.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Every season
    I have an outfit for every season and I change them when they age up.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just change them whenever I feel like it.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    It's usually a random thing, mainly when I've downloaded new CC and want to see it 'live'.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I change them every time they age up.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Never
    I chose the wrong one lol. I give my sims several outfits and change them when they age up. I don’t pick specific outfits for them to wear day to day though, whatever they wear is fine. Sometimes I will keep a nice outfit through several ages.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The game has nowhere near enough good choices of clothing for me to change my sims often. I don't use custom content.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited April 2019
    I change their outfits after major life events to better suit their current lifestyle. So like... after aging up, getting a new job or promotion, having children, getting married, moving out on their own, gaining fame or wealth, etc.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Every season
    About each season but sometimes a little less or more depending on how I feel or the sim themselves, for example my current sim Aubree loves fahion so new outfits are more frequent for her then say Mckenna, who is too poor to afford an outfit change.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Every play session I change their everyday wear and sleep wear; every summer/winter I change hot and cold wear. I change party gear and formal outfits after they've been out in them three or four times.
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Whenever they age up
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Every sim day
    they change their own clothes, as they have the max outfits in each category
  • xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    It depends. I change their clothes when I have them go to a special event, or when I get bored of what they've been wearing, or when I do a CC haul
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    But I have 5 outfits for each category so I don't get bored of their outfits very often, lol, I just like to make sure they're not wearing the exact same outfit every day
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    I change their outfits every time they age up lol but I do set them at least 5 everyday outfits
  • NurseKneesNurseKnees Posts: 19 Member
    Every sim week
    I actually change them pretty frequently, usually after some of my kids have aged up and I find whatever they aged up wearing to be ugly
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Never
    I chose Never, but I might adjust their outfits on birthdays. Sometimes T>YA>A>E is the same though, I might have 2 or 3 outfits for each sim that I play fairly often, so the game might randomly switch between those, but I rarely bother to give my sims all new outfits. In fact, some of my oldest sims (from base game) still wear clothes from the base game, even if they are fashion oriented persons who would have appreciated something new and fancy :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I change my Sims' clothes when they age up, or when they have a major life event like a first child. Usually. I spend so long in CAS that first time, crafting every detail to suit their personalities, that I resist changing things otherwise.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Never
    Only when they age up.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Never
    Before Seasons came out, I never changed my Sims' clothes after I chose outfits for them in CAS. After it came out, I added hot and cold weather outfits for each Sim in my main game. I also added 2 or 3 outfits to my main family's wardrobe, as well as some costumes for each of them.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I only have them change their clothes when they age up.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I use to never change their outfits because I take forever in Create-a-Sim and now that I have CC in my game, it takes twice as long but now I set multiple outfits for each category so it doesn't get boring. Still takes me a long time, but I like it.