Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you change your sim's clothes?

ZnG1wMG.png

How often do you change your sim's clothes? 249 votes

Every sim day
7%
auroraael14Goth583jonilla1Thunderbat87Bagoas77alejandro15039ThessiPlumbobCrossingSimplyTorimercy55funEmo-usagi2187catmando830ambrownorokuroPlumDiddybirdonawireEngineerDaisholynciaa_lolKitelDesigns 19 votes
Every sim week
4%
jeepjeepcatPipersfun2catitude5fiercephoenix91barbiegoesGamingTweetyDragonGirl643NurseKneesSimsterLivihaveaplaniswear 10 votes
Every season
22%
tams2578Poekie03MedeousNighteyesPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarBabygirl2328PIrdiwenPaigeisin5alexandreaJestTrusekojranaShadyLady_DQPersefona711Lustianiciayuppfallenangel66zo91501FLaurieLissyK9 55 votes
Other (comment if you want)
48%
Akl500PBluefairy286Kita5399GalacticGalaprilroseCrazyboutTheSimsColorist40MLadyAzzeraWritin_RegIsb917Simburianjoelygirlsims2simm621elanorbretonGoldenBuffyBeardedgeekAnmirlafreindlylolSimpkinloubyloulou 122 votes
Never
17%
kippy300SimmervilleasimbsimStrangerthankerryemmiebethfriendlysimmersJnyxsims_premadedrake_mccartykeenowdetermigAssimulostephanie132392DaemonPawselelunicymannannablueyblueskyAdria22ElenPinkayyitsmell 43 votes

Comments

• CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Every season
    Curious to see what you guys put! I personally change them every time the season changes
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2019
    Every Christmas, I make my Sims wear ugly Christmas sweaters. I love having them stand around the tree, dressed for the occasion, singing together!
    Halloween costumes for all as well.

Otherwise, I never bother...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't really have a schedule. I change their appearance when they are going out for some kind of special occasion (Night on the town, a date, love day, romance festival, etc), I change them when the seasons change, when I'm bored with what they are wearing or look like (including hair). I change their look as they age (a teen would not dress or look the same thing as a YA, nor would an Adult sport what a YA would wear, and so forth).

I love how easy it is to change our sims appearance and I do it often.

But I have had sims that have a mature look from early on in life and stick pretty close to that style their whole lives, sometimes keeping the same few hairstyles through their lives.

I always only create sims with one outfit each (rarely I will add two in some categories) and then add to it and swap it out as I play.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I change them when they have weddings, for Winterfest, and when they age up.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I edit outfits when I’ve grown bored with what they’ve been wearing, or when they’ve aged.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't but I nearly always give them 5 choices of clothing for each category.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I change in fall and then spring. So not exactly every season. I usually change just a few pieces here and there too to make it more weather appropriate and it’s always just everyday. I very rarely change the rest of it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Besides aging up, I rarely give them new outfits. Only when I'm bored or never. Depends on how long I play them.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I pick 5 of each type of outfits so Sims can change themselves and everytime I play their house in my rotation I pick 5 more more of each kind of outfit.

Sometimes when playing out a story or something I am working on in a single household - I sometimes spend longer time in a household - and when I do i average changing their outfits at least once a week while I play in their house.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Every season or just when I feel like my sims need a new wardrobe overhaul. Sometimes all I do is play around in CAS.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2019
    Never
    I want my Sims to wear the same thing all the time. I only change them when I'm forced to, like when they're freezing to death because their clothes aren't warm enough.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Galaxygamer346Galaxygamer346 Posts: 22 Member
    Sometimes I do or if I get tired of the same old outfit or I download a new outfit from tsr site.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Whenever I feel like it :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    When they age up, we get new packs, I get new CC, or whenever I get tired of seeing what they have on lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I don't but I nearly always give them 5 choices of clothing for each category.
    I give them 5 choices of clothing for everyday, hot weather and cold weather, one choice for the other categories, then I'll change up the choices when I either get bored or when we get new content.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,427 Member
    About when they have an event happen. Like when my sim had a breakup he changed his hairstyle, let his mustache grow to a beard. Changed his clothing style. For my females. Or when they are ready to start a new life, marriage, divorce or have children.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    My sims get 5 Main outfits, as well as 2 formal, 2 workout, 2 -3 pjs, 2 party (I used them for less formal wear), 2 - 3 swimsuits, and 2 -3 cold weather. Now I have a mod in my game that allows any outfit for summer, so I just use my hot weather options for more everyday clothing.

With all that, I normally let my sims decided what they are going to wear when the hop out of the shower in the morning. But sometimes they might have a non seasonal outfit on, so I'll send them to the dresser to change into a different one.

Also, I like to update their wardrobe every 3 - 5 sim years in my game. Unless they've gained weight or lost weight, then they get all new stuff. Also when my sims transition from one lifestage to the next, I will update what they wear. Sometimes they will get a new main hairstyle as well. Though I try to change styles up with outfits as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Occasionally, I get tired of seeing them in the same outfits all the time so I'll switch it up every few days. I've started giving my sims 2-3 outfits just for more variety. I also tend to give them special outfits for certain holidays like Christmas or Valentine's day.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Usually when there is a new DLC, I’ll dress some Sims in the new clothes.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Every season
    Usually for me, it’s every season or when someone ages up.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never
    Never unless I download new CC I want them to wear.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Every sim day
    Every sim day. I want my game to be as realistic as possible - plus, I love putting outfits together. :smile:
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Um... you mean when do I redo the outfits in CAS or how often they change in the live mode?
    In live mode, they are always changing clothes. I have 5 outfits for each category so there's plenty.

And I redo looks in CAS pretty often too. Definitely when aging up but other times too.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Every season
    Every Season and when a Sim ages up
  • sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    Never
    I tend to keep them in the same clothes, I play rotationally so keeping the same outfits helps me remember who is who!!
    hqEK2sI.png