Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting baby carrier from adoption?

Hey guys, I really need some help. My Sims just adopted a baby girl and the carrier that she arrived in didn’t despawn. I used moveobjects on to try and delete it in Buy Mode but it said “this item cannot be sold.” I moved it over to the corner of my lot but now my characters refuse to enter the area it was at. I’m not super cheats savvy so I have absolutely no idea what to do. Reloading the game didn’t help. Any help is super appreciated!
hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
cas youtube!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried testingcheatsenabled true and then a shift-click to delete?

If you have NRaas mods in play, I would suggest using the Object Stats> Non-Inventory command on the Lot/Household menu to Flush (force delete) the object and anything with the word "jig" in the name that shows up on the list, this is of course assuming there isn't still a baby inside of it! Be very careful not to Flush anything really important like a sim or the active plumbob.

If not or if the carrier object is not reachable that way, then try retreating to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace it with a bin copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Note that this method will drop sims' promised wishes and any opportunities in progress, as well as start their dream managers over again. Then see if the object survived this kind of reset or if it can then be deleted.

With either more intrusive method above than the testingcheats shift-click, be sure to do an extra Save As first so as to have a safe place to revert to should either one make things worse somehow.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net