Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alexandrite! Please help me find it!

Fellow simmers, please help me find Alexandrite.

I’m working on completing all collections (including some not in the collections tab such as gold relics, a forever fresh of every single food, 1 copy of every painting, etc...) I want 1 of every single item that can be held in a sims personal inventory.

I have not cheated 1 item in and I don’t want to start. I am 90% done.

But I cannot seem to find Alexandrite. I have almost 2000 hours played. Please help me!

I have gotten to a point where I save and reload over and over and over (for hours) every time I find a crystal spawner in Selvadorada. I get Amazonite (and all the base game crystals) a lot. But I never seem to get Alexandrite.

Can you please help me to find it? Like “it’s only from excavating at temples” or “it’s only from crystal spawners while you have blessing of [insert blessing name here] or “it’s from ANY crystal spawner as long as JA is installed” (that way I could join the scientist career and just farm crystal spawners all day) or is there a bug where it’s been accidentally removed from the game?. I’m just making up conspiracy theories at this point...

I have spent the last 4 IRL days vacationing to Selvadorada to try to find it. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Incase anyone runs into the same issue I had and finds this in the future:

It was just really bad and frustrating RNG. I literally spent an irl week just vacationing to Selvadorada and searching crystal spawners and treasure chests. I tried excavating a few days but found I was only getting fossils (aside from artifacts)

I eventually found it from a crystal spawner in Selvadorada, after I had found 50+ other crystals including 11 Amazonite.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I got tons of it in Selvadora - it was the last fossil that required multiple Selvadora visits. I swear the game hides that last item you need on purpose.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    OP, glad you figured it out. Another tip is to join the scientist career and ask coworkers for crystals. I've gotten some pretty rare ones from doing that just as daily tasks.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls