Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can You Run an Art Gallery?

I want to make an art gallery for my artist sim. I built the lot but I can't have him sell his own paintings. Is there a way to do that?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Perhaps check Carls guide for retail and paintings. Maybe they have the info.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Did you have your Sim buy the retail lot? Did your Sim set them for sale? Do you have a cash register on the lot? All those things are basic needs to be done before you can open the store and sell paintings. I could go into detail, but @Writin_Reg gave a very good suggestion to check Carl's Sims 4 guide. There's a wealth of information there on all aspects of the game, I go there all the time. Here's a link if needed:

Carl's Sims 4 Game Guide for PC, Xbox and PS4
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I tried just now, it seems to work fine for me. I dragged my painting from my inventory to a wall and I was able to set it for sale.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I've done all of that. I have other sims who run other businesses, just not sure what's going on with this lot. I don't get an option to set the paintings for sale, and the major thing that I've noticed is that I can't change the lot. I get the message along the lines of: Can't change while this is a retail lot.

I've never had that issue before. I'm wondering if I have a outdated mod in my game? Also, when I go to buy any other lot I get a message saying I can't purchase a restaurant lot that is not owned. Never seen that before either.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    try it without mods and see if it works.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)