Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of player are you?

https://youtu.be/W-W5hr8NwfQ
Based on that video, which one are you?
I'm the family firster for sure!

What type of player are you? 132 votes

Architect (only builds houses and when it's time to play they're to exhausted to actually play because they spent 5 hours building the perfect house)
8%
KelleygirlLizzychicagomarcel21keenowsikasika18duhboy2u2CaityTrinaBamajamshnailehCorenrenfloralney 11 votes
Character creator (same than architect, but in CAS)
3%
KurisutiRebeccaThurstonMissmagoo2Sekrilhermionia 5 votes
Serial killer (loves killing sims in VERY creative ways)
1%
Bagoas77fashlandhelper 2 votes
Supernaturalist (vampires, werewolves, fairies)
9%
PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegAnmirlalittlemissgogodrakharisannaliese39AirakalelazyjuniperGamingTweetyJasonschick80izecsonKellvenLuxury 13 votes
Cheat (motherload, freerealestate etc.)
4%
GalacticGalimhappyliliaethJasonPogoKathykinsEliteGirl 6 votes
Challenger (plays based on challenges such as runaway teen, legacy etc.)
6%
rudolphaKarababy52EnkiSchmidtloutredorDenimjoNimieFoxy_MewthMew 8 votes
Family firster (always having a legacy, babies on the making, creates unbreakable family bonds, plays inside a house 99% of the time)
47%
icmnfrshPoekie03Bluefairy286JasejeepjeepcatAlexaivyvexthorneIsb917StrangerthanelanorbretoninvisiblgirlElegantblkchina1sims_premadefruitsbasket101BluelleSxcDannii202Mindofyldmarkogothprincess4everBriel24 63 votes
Modder (500 different folders with mods)
1%
EmmaVaneBerryCharming 2 votes
Custom content shopper (spends 3 hours downloading cc from tumblr only to spend another 5 hours on CAS using ALL of THAT)
3%
AyradyssLegendarySilkeAngelEb95shannonavaRouensims 5 votes
The pack stacker (has every pack, feels overwhelmed by it, never actually experiences the WHOLE game cause you know, that's too much)
12%
dreamergrl84Colorist40BeardedgeekSimberella777zagboorulesdetermigtaydevCourtneyVioletAmandaBeuryEvaliynSheriSim57SilentKittyLumigensBusufuAshleyAOlynciaa_lolEvsSims 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don’t think I can really choose just one. As a general play-style, I’m definitely a family-player (though I wouldn’t say the bonds are unbreakable nor do I spend all of their time at home).
    As for these choices, what also fits me is the pack stacker and modder.
  • Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Family firster (always having a legacy, babies on the making, creates unbreakable family bonds, plays inside a house 99% of the time)
    in everyyyyy sims I've owned, I've always done the same process of make one sim, find a partner, have kids, carry on legacy-esque until I'm bored.... really trying to move away from this now tho, since wow it gets boring when that's all you do. Started even building lots! (be proud of me please!)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Architect (only builds houses and when it's time to play they're to exhausted to actually play because they spent 5 hours building the perfect house)
    This was hard. I love building and often build until I drop then don't want to play! But I am also a Legacy Challenge addict. :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I don't enjoy building much and neither I do enjoy fiddling much with CAS (I just lack a sense of detail). I have some mods but not THAT many and my primary playstyle is just going from one generation to the other.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I voted for family firster, since it's closest to how I play, but there are some differences. I play with aging off so my sims aren't growing and aging and having new kids and forming legacies in the typical manner. I create distant family members in CAS and disperse them throughout the world. I also play in apartments far more than houses.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm definitely a family firster. I rarely ever play the creation side of the game. I just love playing with all the different families.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    + Family play, I like to incorporate vampire with normal family play with added drama, and no I dont like playing vampires as "Teh vampire clan wars"
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    I’ll go with cheat since I tend to use cheats all the time. But I would more consider myself a rotational player. I always have at least 4 households going at any one time.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I spends more time building,decorating and sims creation.
    and family play related gameplay
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    But I'm also a challenger, and a rotational player, which there's no slot for. Basically I'm doing an ISBI challenge that involves 10 families.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm a mix between the supernaturalist, family firster and character creator, with a little bit of pack stacker thrown in. I chose supernaturalist because I love playing occults so much, esp. vampires, but I'm also very much a family player. I don't often play legacies though as I tend to play with ageing off and become too attached to my original sim couples and children. Plus my main sim is a vampire, so he's immortal. I sometimes like to spend ages in CAS creating characters, and/or play with other households on occasion, but I always go back to playing my favourite supernatural family.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ever since The Sims 2 I've just really loved seeing how the generations moved forward in my game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I can't really pick one since I like playing in rotation. And each household be it a family, a single sim, a couple with no kids. I like to play differently with each of them. But I guess you could say I'm a realist - is that a style? I don't like playing with supernaturals, I do my best not to cheat, and I like to play my little fake people as if they are real.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Custom content shopper (spends 3 hours downloading cc from tumblr only to spend another 5 hours on CAS using ALL of THAT)
    Def a custom content shopper. I really have to clean out my mods folder.😌
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,895 Member
    Absolutely a cheater. Since TS1 and Rosebud (actually think the first money cheat I used was Klapacious, or something). I cheat money, needs and friendships (because its tedious when every sim needs to be your sims friend, Ea/Maxis has always pushed friendships)

Add in Architect, Pack stacker and Supernaturalist (only vampires now, but I would love to have fairies, please!). I play with families, but not sure I'd call myself a family player. My sims just happen to GET families eventually. I'm not spending much time on the kids and doing much family stuff (like outings and such).
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm more than one.... I always try to start a normal nice family, until I get bored and things starts to happen like: random clones, pufferfish homicides, vampires braking in, aliens taking over the town.....
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2019
    The pack stacker (has every pack, feels overwhelmed by it, never actually experiences the WHOLE game cause you know, that's too much)
    https://youtu.be/W-W5hr8NwfQ
    Based on that video, which one are you?
    I'm the family firster for sure!

Pack stacker is the closest. I really would go "None of the above".
    • I don't build, build is boring.
    • Family play is secondary to me loving my sims; I only have sim kids because I want their legacy to live on, not because i care about families (I consider the only fun live stages to be teen, ya and adul).
    • I really have never cared for any version of the supernatural except vampires because vampires are sexy. Also a good way of non-cheat immortality.
    • I never play with any challenges except "Aging on, most of the time". I don't play this game for any kind of difficulty, I play it to make the perfect life for my favorite sims.
    • On the other hand I never use cheats unless I have to (bug, or can't save the life of a beloved sim otherwise).

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I chose Supernaturalist because I hardly play a save where I don't have a vampire in the household, especially as a main sim.

With that said my 2nd choice is Serial Killer because....hmmm just because :).

3rd-a tie between cheater and modder- I don't have 500 folders but I have a few mods and I love using cheats when the storyline calls for it.

4th-Challenger-I have a few going right now, 100 baby, Upgrowth and Not So Berry.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I am definitely a mixture of cheat and character creator. I like to choose what my sim looks like, and prefer my game to have cheats because it's difficult and not fun to play without the cheats. And I like to make my sims either look good or look a little realistic.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm none of the above, it seems. I am a bit of a meter-reader. I enjoy keeping my eye on the needs and help solve them. Sounds boring but I guess I've become accustomed to playing like this through my previous Sims games.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I can't pick, because I'm a mix of several.

I'm a family firster. I love creating families, and watching them grow.

I'm also a modder. I can't. Deal. With having no CC or mods anymore.

Which brings us to CC Shopper. Yep, that's me to a T. I spend ages downloading new things, then need to rush to CAS to see what they look like.

And then there's the pack stacker. Also me. I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs. Because I have problems. No, I don't need help. I can stop whenever I want.
  • Options
    ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    I can't pick, because I'm a mix of several.

I'm a family firster. I love creating families, and watching them grow.

I'm also a modder. I can't. Deal. With having no CC or mods anymore.

Which brings us to CC Shopper. Yep, that's me to a T. I spend ages downloading new things, then need to rush to CAS to see what they look like.

And then there's the pack stacker. Also me. I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs. Because I have problems. No, I don't need help. I can stop whenever I want.

I cracked up reading your comment bahaha
    I literally feel the same way about packs. I'm not addicted right?...
    Right?
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I find it hard to vote, I'm pretty much a mix of everything except for Architect because I am a terrible builder.
  • Options
    katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    I am quite a CC shopper but most of all I'm definitely a family player (my game is actually full of large families). I've recently created two families with just one sim but I guess it won't take long before they get pregnant lol.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ever since TS2,I loved the idea of telling a sim's story beyond their original "forever" 2 states that never really looked like each other. Lifestages and genetics gave an even bigger playing field that I never imagined as a child who once played TS1. So needless to say, family trees, genetics, and overall life stories were my favorite to explore. I'm definitely also a challenger and CC shopper. But at my core I enjoy the "Cradle to Grave" experience the most. I always find it a fun and adventurous challenge to sculpt their stories in through their experiences with family, friends and life. Like most of the games I play, I crave challenges yet I also love it seamlessly coming together in the sims <3. CC shopping is a total must for me due to the swatches, hair colors, new hairs, even furniture.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams