Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Console is always gonna be behind when it comes to patches?

I'm wondering if its because of the way patches work on console rather than on PC. My other thought is why are certain things excluded on console. Like for example we didn't get a Day of the dead event but Sugar Skull items are in the game. What about the positivity challenge? Whys didn't we get that?

My last question is if we are behind on patches does that mean we are plagued by the same issues that the previous version of the PC version had?

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't play on a console, but I don't think you will be. Eventually, the sim gurus have to let console catch up or it might start a riot. And, eventually the Sims 4 will end, but they won't do that without catching up the console. Because, again, it might start a riot.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I mean so far they've done a great job with the DLC. We are getting Spa Day GP which just leaves My First Pet Stuff and StrangerVille I think. The patches though are... Odd. Its April so we are getting... Previous patches where as PC on the same day is getting new content lol.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Console packs are ported from PC, so they will always be a little behind. The only time the two games will be on the same level is when they both have all available content.

The challenge content is leftover stuff from limited time challenges for Sims 4 on PC. They predate the console release by a bit. The console games are ported from the PC game so it’s just easier to leave that stuff in even though the game never had the challenges. Patches for console have to clear Sony/Microsoft before they can be released, Origin allows EA a lot of flexibly for patching and things like limited time challenges. Console won’t get those. I’m pretty sure they said that back when they released.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well thats plum. I hope they catch up soon!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2019
    I can see us by the end of this year being caught up with PC. Although PC is abit ahead of us. They dont get packs every month. Because were on the catch up we do. Spa day is coming out today, which leaves us with my first pet & strangerville and a patch behind. PC got bug fixes this month. Normally with patches console catches up with multiple ones in the one time aswell. I read somewhere that something big is happening in June for PC players I think a pack and a huge patch that some PC players that havent got 64bit will need a new computer. My guess is that theres no going to be anything new until June. Which gives us May aswell to catch up with only 2 packs left. I can imagine we will be behind in one for a little while but I also imagine in 2020 , we will finally be getting exactly the same packs and patches.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I was shocked to read that new games are not going to start coming out on Console at the same time as on PC.

I just figured once they got all caught up and everything was current on both systems, they would release games to both platforms at the same time. It makes sense. But apparently there will be a delay for the Console still. Kinda weird if you ask me. So I’m sure patches will constantly be delayed as well.
  • Options
    siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    Infortunately, I do think so
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I figured there was some kind of certification process involved on consoles so that I get but what I don't really get is things like the "live events" if those are for the PC and the data is in the game being ported over... Why.. Why don't we get them as well? I don't really see a reason for it.

Or if the data is there why can't we just... Use it lol.
    It's all hidden away instead 🕵
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I'm pretty sure EA has to go through more of a process to have things approved by Sony and Microsoft to release it on their consoles, which means console content will probably always be released after it's been released on PC.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Packs and patches have to get approved by Sony and Microsoft first before being released, so yes they'll always be behind in some way or another. Origin is EA's so they don't have to go through a 3rd party company to release their content.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Some game companies do release content for different platforms on the same day though. Frontier for example release dlc for Jurassic World Evolution on multiple platforms on the same date, ditto patches. So it’s not impossible.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I figured there was some kind of certification process involved on consoles so that I get but what I don't really get is things like the "live events" if those are for the PC and the data is in the game being ported over... Why.. Why don't we get them as well? I don't really see a reason for it.

Or if the data is there why can't we just... Use it lol.
    It's all hidden away instead 🕵

It’s not like PC gets those anymore either. I already explained the reasoning we were told, that patching is different for consoles and they couldn’t enable/disable the challenge content as flexibly as they can through Origin on PC.

You can enter debug and use any of the stuff, you can even get the rewards for the completed challenges. The challenges weren’t much of anything, and it amounted to collecting a few specific objects and that’s all. You aren’t missing out on anything major, which is why we on PC haven’t had a challenge in awhile.