Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Impossible wants! They are HARD...but loads of fun!

So, I haven't been on much lately...playing the game when I am not doing that whole work thing. But Wednesdays are my day off and I am always up for a challenge for my sims. So, I have decided to create a legacy family that is defined by impossible wants. Like the one I have been working on forever...having one sim obtain all six degrees from University...still working on that one. Yes, I will have a yard full of Platinum graves when I am done...that is the goal! Ten generations of hard as heck sims to please!
Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Mine would be "Chat with toddler"! Appearantly the interaction went missing with ITF patch 1.63, but the parents still get the wish when having taught a toddler to talk - impossible wants! (I know Overwatch is said to fix it). But you maybe meant Life Time wishes.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mine would be "Chat with toddler"! Appearantly the interaction went missing with ITF patch 1.63, but the parents still get the wish when having taught a toddler to talk - impossible wants! (I know Overwatch is said to fix it). But you maybe meant Life Time wishes.
    Installing a NRaas mod brought back that interaction for me! Not sure which one but hurray (because it looks so cute).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 One for the future then, thanks!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    If we are talking about seemingly impossible wishes rather than full-on LTWs, it can be a lot of fun to hold onto some of those that we know can be fulfilled much later. Sometimes it seems like too much trouble to reserve one of the four promised wish slots for what could be a very small LTR points benefit though.

Pillow Fight or Text Another Sim who happens to be a newborn baby -- great, but the target does have to be quite a bit older first.

Marry a particular sim -- one to whom your sim is already married. Alrighty, can do that, but they would have to break up/divorce first and then get back together and remarry. That could be tricky.

Register for Uni on a sim who is currently at Uni -- hmm, mind if we finish up the current term first?

Then we have a few that I have no idea how to approach, even theoretically, other than dismissing them as silly. For example,

Learn How to Drive (or teach your teen how) -- when the teen has already learned how to drive, has the certificate on their wall, and is happily motoring all over town in their own car. Guess I could use a mod (MC) to have the teen "unlearn" their driving skill and start over, but that sure seems like a lot of fuss and bother. Someone at MTS suggested this one means their parents are old enough to have forgotten (most) everything in the way of recent events including the time spent teaching Junior how to drive. Sadly, it does happen. But I don't see any way to proceed with that one the EA way, without mod usage. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @igazor Which mod was it again, that brings back the chatting interaction for toddlers? I’m almost positive you were the one making me aware of this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @igazor Which mod was it again, that brings back the chatting interaction for toddlers? I’m almost positive you were the one making me aware of this.
    That was indeed Overwatch, it was provided for in an update right after ITF and Patch 1.63 were released so many years ago. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

And we thank Nraas and crew so much for fixing EA/Maxis's oversights! <3

The one I get the most is marry so and so and they are already married to each other! :open_mouth: Silly sims! I love them anyway!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Learn How to Drive (or teach your teen how) -- when the teen has already learned how to drive, has the certificate on their wall, and is happily motoring all over town in their own car. Guess I could use a mod (MC) to have the teen "unlearn" their driving skill and start over, but that sure seems like a lot of fuss and bother. Someone at MTS suggested this one means their parents are old enough to have forgotten (most) everything in the way of recent events including the time spent teaching Junior how to drive. Sadly, it does happen. But I don't see any way to proceed with that one the EA way, without mod usage. :)

I never get credit for that one, even when wished for before the teen has learned to drive.

I also had one where the gardener sim wished to grow a particular plant, and I had lots of them in the garden, but that sim didnt actually plant the seed, so I'm guessing that's why it didnt trigger.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    There are certain wants that come with each aspiration...like the family aspiration has "Have 30 Grandchildren"....that is IMPOSSIBLE in my book! Unless your sim has a bunch of kids and the kids have many offspring! It all depends on the traits you give them...I have been trying to get just one sim to graduate from University with all six degrees FOREVER! I get bored with it quickly.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    There are certain wants that come with each aspiration...like the family aspiration has "Have 30 Grandchildren"....that is IMPOSSIBLE in my book!
    I find that one ridiculous if the sim only has one or two children. If they have twelve or fifteen, it seems quite natural. It depends on the context. :)

Playing families that large, and spread out among NRaas Traveler mod connected worlds as I like to do, is where I learned that a family reunion (love those!) is better off having representative members of the extended family invited and show up. If you want to see the definition of lag, try arranging and managing a wedding or other kind of get together with 60 or 80 sims on the active lot!
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    And yes, university is very grinding; it helps to have skilled up before with the Multitab 6000 etc and to use the LTR Motive Mobile or a dragon to replenish needs while there, live comfortably, stay there for two weeks straight and have lots of parties!

I have an impossible want right now - but one of my own: In Monte Vista were I played Erika Lin, worked her up a to level 10 in her premade job, skilled her up in several areas and went about town to meet the neighbors. My plan was for her to be single, so I had not done any romantic interactions necessary to trigger any inclinations; but then she met Florence Taylor whom I thought fitted her very nicely, so they became friends, and I switched over to that household to do the same levelling with her premade job and adhering skills. My problem now is that they are not 'attracted' to eachother, and I have tried all I could think of: had various same gender romantic interactions controlling each household, and they have hearts with lots of other townies; gave them both LTR Attractive and Eyecandy; they are both at level 10 in rabbithole work as well as several different skills; both are rich beyond 75000; they both went to the spa for tan and manicure, had clean clothes and showers before meeting up, I even changed (temporarily) Florence traits to fully match Erika's, and Erika's sign to match Florence's (although I am not sure the latter is advisable in unmodded game). I have celebrity system turned off and did not change their life state, they have no other romantic interests. The only thing I can think of to do now, besides giving up the project, is making them richer than 150 000 simoleans, giving them the two extra matching traits through UL, and turning on the celebrity system making them both famous (this I am a little reluctant to do, it is not that fun). Impossible (and for Erika and Florence non-existent) wants!