Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelance Gigs

2...Next

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    nope, no cas items. painter unlocks a wall display item (a pair of pictures stacked against the wall), writer unlocks a laptop, programmer unlocks an interaction to speed up programming interactions on a computer for a set time, all three unlock a wall-mounted reward. that's all you'll get from the careers, itemwise (though programming isn't an item)

as for why the career cheat wouldn't work on the freelancer options, they only have one level, so there's no promotions at all. the first time you complete the progression bar on any freelancer category, it gives the sim a hidden trait that lets them make more money per freelancer gig, to sort of emulate a career advancement, but there really is no advancement, no promotion
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks ^_^ That's all I needed to know lol I was updating my CAS unlocks family and wasn't sure if there were unlockable items with those careers.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Corenren wrote: »
    magooo63 wrote: »
    yep, the ui extension was the problem, does anybody know if the ui extension has been updated to go with the new patch?

The guru's said they will be putting out an emergency update to fix this tomorrow, and that modders won't have to update mods.

I don't think the emergency update has anything to do with this particular problem.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    okester wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if the freelance careers unlock extra CAS items like some other jobs do? Also, I couldn't get the promotion cheats to work with the new freelance careers. What's up with that?

Freelamce career does not have promotions
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited April 2019
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but how in the heck am I supposed to complete my freelance gigs? My sim is a freelance programmer and no matter what I do I can't an option to do the gig and when I think I did nothing says it's completed.

Am I dense or is something broken at the moment?

You call the client then do the file encrypting. After the first file is done, call another client and then encrypt. Repeat until you get the tasks complete. My sim is a freelancer and has made websites! He's now almost a level-2 celebrity because of this.

Okay, that makes sense, now. Sometimes, my Sim would appear to complete the encryption, and nothing would happen, and sometimes the encryption would fail. I didn't get the part about encrypting multiple files when I read the description. I thought she was dropping the task when she'd finish and nothing happened - the only time I got a notice was when she failed. I probably only had one file left to do when I gave up on the gig as impossible.

Update: I did try it again - call the client, fix the file, call the client again, fix the next file, and so on, and finally completed the gig. So, it was definitely me, not a bug.
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Maybe I'm missing something but how in the heck am I supposed to complete my freelance gigs? My sim is a freelance programmer and no matter what I do I can't an option to do the gig and when I think I did nothing says it's completed.

Am I dense or is something broken at the moment?

Both my sims are Freelancers: A Programmer and Writer. Dominic is almost a level-4 celebrity and Kristen is slowly gaining celebrity status as she writes books for clients- and herself- and paints. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    The UI Extension file that is causing most of these problems has been updated, and works great. Here is the link.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-13-26240068
  • Unnamed129Unnamed129 Posts: 25 Member
    All this stuff from April is great, but I only started having a problem since I got Batuu. Haven't been there. My sim is in college & just got kicked off the Space-force (Astronaut Career) because he wouldn't look the other way, so freelancing seemed like a good idea. Except even when the job is done & the client says Yes this is exactly what we are looking for, the gig won't close. It keeps running till it times out & he gets a bad review. No money is changing hands, but they are getting the product. Seriously, making more money selling art on Plopsy. But I've taken all the recommended steps, run repair, no mods, deleted files... playing on windows (whatever comes before 10). This is the first time I've had a sim have a problem with free-lancing, so I figure it's Batuu. Any recommendations that haven't been covered yet?
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Unnamed129 wrote: »
    All this stuff from April is great, but I only started having a problem since I got Batuu. Haven't been there. My sim is in college & just got kicked off the Space-force (Astronaut Career) because he wouldn't look the other way, so freelancing seemed like a good idea. Except even when the job is done & the client says Yes this is exactly what we are looking for, the gig won't close. It keeps running till it times out & he gets a bad review. No money is changing hands, but they are getting the product. Seriously, making more money selling art on Plopsy. But I've taken all the recommended steps, run repair, no mods, deleted files... playing on windows (whatever comes before 10). This is the first time I've had a sim have a problem with free-lancing, so I figure it's Batuu. Any recommendations that haven't been covered yet?

The freelancer career is currently broken again. It was broken in April last year , it broke for some people in like October/November last year and here we are again.

You’ll have to wait for the developers to fix it again. Idk why the freelancer career is so messed up.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SativaCrookSativaCrook Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a similar problem to things posted above... I have completed all the requirements for my 1st freelance programmer gig, but have absolutely no idea how to turn it in! It was completed on time, but now it's late because I don't know how to turn it in! What am I missing? I have no mods or anything, so I know that's not a problem.