Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim portrait stuck at work

So my Sim is obviously not at work, although her picture down at the bottom is saying she is. Because its saying shes at work when its time for her to go to work she wont go. I've tried resetting her, moving her out/back in to the lot, and restarting the game. No clue how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Sim%20portait%20stuck%20at%20work.jpg

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried traveling with her to another location? Have you tried going into CAS with her from a mirror, then back out again?
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    You could call it her dream job.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    You may have to do what @Chazzzy suggested a couple times, but it should work. I had to visit three different lots one time when this happened, and other times it's happened, I visit one lot and it fixes itself. Most likely a promotion is stuck.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • kr823kr823 Posts: 37 Member
    I've had this happen a few times, switching the active family worked for me.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Having my Sim leave work early worked for me a couple of days ago. Good luck!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Having my Sim leave work early worked for me a couple of days ago. Good luck!

This. :) I have had this bug MANY TIMES and "leave work early" always worked.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    When this happened to me I had to exit the game without saving. Luckily I save regular so didn't loose to much progress.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have this happen sometimes, and the only thing I can do is just wait for the game to recognize that she's not at work anymore.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Apparently per the patch notes, this was fixed in this recent patch.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member

Not in my game is wasn't.. I've just had a main sim do this..
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    This happened to me recently. There's a few different things you can try that may work for you.
    1. Try to get them to leave early.
    2. Wait for them to actually go to work, then see if problems persist after they return.
    3. Reset Sim using the cheat or shift+click.
    4. Try to travel, see if that does anything.
    5. Save, exit and reenter the game.
    6. If none of these work, repair your game.
    I found what worked for me was saving, exiting and reentering, then sending them to work. Try all of these, but don't repair the game unless none of these work.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I had this happen in my game fairly recently. I had my Enterprise crew in StrangerVille, as it was to be the debut mission of their newest crew member. Things were going along well, they're were finding clues, but it fast becomes apparent the Lieutenant needs the rest of the crew to help her out. (I erroneously forgot to have them take a day off from their normal work as astronauts.) While I was able to bring Uhura home from work, early, not so for Mr. Spock. A Sim who looked just like him showed up at the Library where the crew was assembling, but I couldn't control him. I should have had a clue because he was dressed in a tank top and his swim trunks, like he was before he went to work. Still, it said he was 'at work'. I tried again, and here he shows up in his Space Ranger uniform. At last, I'm thinking. This one I could control. But in taking a quick inspection, he was a family tree of one. :open_mouth: His parents and older half-brother are in the game. When I checked the tree for the one I could do nothing with, he turned out to be the true Mr. Spock. I could control the doppleganger, only. :open_mouth: This was a mess. My first clue was when the group went to the bar. His mother shows up and he had to introduce himself to her!

The long and the short of it is, try the suggestions of the others until your Sim is controllable again. Else you could very well end up with two.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had this happen in my game fairly recently. I had my Enterprise crew in StrangerVille, as it was to be the debut mission of their newest crew member. Things were going along well, they're were finding clues, but it fast becomes apparent the Lieutenant needs the rest of the crew to help her out. (I erroneously forgot to have them take a day off from their normal work as astronauts.) While I was able to bring Uhura home from work, early, not so for Mr. Spock. A Sim who looked just like him showed up at the Library where the crew was assembling, but I couldn't control him. I should have had a clue because he was dressed in a tank top and his swim trunks, like he was before he went to work. Still, it said he was 'at work'. I tried again, and here he shows up in his Space Ranger uniform. At last, I'm thinking. This one I could control. But in taking a quick inspection, he was a family tree of one. :open_mouth: His parents and older half-brother are in the game. When I checked the tree for the one I could do nothing with, he turned out to be the true Mr. Spock. I could control the doppleganger, only. :open_mouth: This was a mess. My first clue was when the group went to the bar. His mother shows up and he had to introduce himself to her!

The long and the short of it is, try the suggestions of the others until your Sim is controllable again. Else you could very well end up with two.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with Spock and Uhura in my game. 👍

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have had this happen a couple of times since the latest patch. I am so happy they fixed a glitch I didn't have previously, yet here it is in my game. I guess I'm just lucky that way. :p
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    They did say that some of the fixes will not work in older save games, but would keep that from happening in new saves.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member

Did not fix the problem with me, and I'm not willing to start a new game since all of my neighborhoods have been customized to my liking. I usually can fix it by either switching to another household, then come back, or have 1 sim (that isn't the problem sim) in the family leave to a public lot, then click on the "at work" sim and send them home early.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited May 2019
    You have to travel to a different lot for it to work. And @MLadyAzzera you can save the lots to your library and then just place them if it helps.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    This happened to me recently. There's a few different things you can try that may work for you.
    1. Try to get them to leave early.
    2. Wait for them to actually go to work, then see if problems persist after they return.
    3. Reset Sim using the cheat or shift+click.
    4. Try to travel, see if that does anything.
    5. Save, exit and reenter the game.
    6. If none of these work, repair your game.
    I found what worked for me was saving, exiting and reentering, then sending them to work. Try all of these, but don't repair the game unless none of these work.
    Update: I needed to tell these to my psychologist who happens to play The Sims. She also had this bug.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • 404404 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah I has this problem and none of these fixed it. I tried leaving early, going to different lots, resetting my sim, restarting my game, waiting for them to go to work, (they didn't because of a holiday that popped up and then the day off from the holiday wouldn't leave) and finally I just said f**k it and had my sim quit his job, rejoin it and used mc command center to bring him back the the point he was at. This game is stupidly broken.