Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS relationships are so lackluster

I have been aware of this, like many others, since the very beginning but sometimes I forget about it. Then other times, like today, it prevents me from creating the families I want in CAS and makes me very angry.

The fact the we still have so very few options for creating CAS relationships is shocking. I don't really know why nothing has been done in this regard yet. This needed to be patched in years ago but somehow we are still waiting for it.

I wanted to create this lovely big multigenerational family in CAS and then I realised I couldn't because:
CbWMJ61.jpg
This lovely lady is not allowed to have a great-granddaughter nor a daughter-in-law. They both appear as "roommates" and I find it outrageous.

Maybe it hasn't been implemented yet because not enough people are vocal about it? If that's the case, I think I am going to start to be very vocal about it from today on.
Please devs, add more relationships to CAS, it makes no sense that it is still so extremely basic.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, this is something I have also wanted for a while now and seems to have been overlooked like the family tree was initially. In fact it was for this reason that I decided against one of my couples having an alien child via abduction, since the birth parent's spouse would be listed as the child's roommate, which just felt wrong to me since he was co-parenting and the alien mum/donor would be absent. We could really do with more family options in CAS e.g. uncle/aunt, step-parent/sibling, great grandparent, in laws etc. I am able to get around this at times, for example with one household I wanted the uncle to be raising his niece, so I created the uncle's/niece's sister/mother first and then deleted her, but I really wish it was easier than this. I would also like other options for non relatives beyond spouse or roommate, e.g. boy/girlfriend, best friend. I have seen threads on this before so I know we're not alone.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I agree, it's madness not to include these very RL relationships.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I have been aware of this, like many others, since the very beginning but sometimes I forget about it. Then other times, like today, it prevents me from creating the families I want in CAS and makes me very angry.

The fact the we still have so very few options for creating CAS relationships is shocking. I don't really know why nothing has been done in this regard yet. This needed to be patched in years ago but somehow we are still waiting for it.

I wanted to create this lovely big multigenerational family in CAS and then I realised I couldn't because:
    CbWMJ61.jpg
    This lovely lady is not allowed to have a great-granddaughter nor a daughter-in-law. They both appear as "roommates" and I find it outrageous.

Maybe it hasn't been implemented yet because not enough people are vocal about it? If that's the case, I think I am going to start to be very vocal about it from today on.
    Please devs, add more relationships to CAS, it makes no sense that it is still so extremely basic.

Exactly.

Grant a while back said he d love to have a boy/girlfriend option in CAS so maybe we ll get that. I've got my fingers crossed it may be a suprise in Tomorrow's Patch.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If we had a boy/girlfriend option in CAS we could upload unmarried couples to the gallery.

This isnt possible now as they lose their relationship
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    If we had a boy/girlfriend option in CAS we could upload unmarried couples to the gallery.

This isnt possible now as they lose their relationship

I'd love that!
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I'd love to have these options;
    Grandparent
    Boyfriend / Girlfriend
    Step-Parent / Step-Children
    Ex-Wife / Ex-Husband

I can't think of any others right now. Do you get an adoption certificate when you adopt a child?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes! It's basic things like this, as well as no Fear emotion or chemistry system or wants/flaws/personalities... that should have been prioritized and added to the game years ago.

But that's okay because we got...Baby Ariel clothing, and...talking toilets.

:|
    #Team Occult
    _natalie wrote: »
    I'd love to have these options;
    Grandparent
    Boyfriend / Girlfriend
    Step-Parent / Step-Children
    Ex-Wife / Ex-Husband

I can't think of any others right now. Do you get an adoption certificate when you adopt a child?

I'd add to the list

Aunt/Uncle
    In-laws
    Great grandparent
    Cousin

Some appear and get locked when creating different combinations like how @annaliese39 mentioned you can create an aunt/uncle by creating first the parent of the child, make them siblings and then delete the parent. Others however, like in-laws, step-parents, or great-grandparents don't register at all, no matter what.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah. So much are lacking to our sims. Better emotions system,memory, chemestry, likes/dislikes, zodiacs, favourites, better behaviours & reactions, impactful traits etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! Moved this over to the feedback area!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Agreed. I hate that I have to make families separately so they can have the proper relationship. It's irritating. I hope they introduce ways to let us set grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, in CAS.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Would also love to see fiancee/fiance options as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hear hear! I miss the different options we had in TS3...There is no need to be so basic for this.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Yeah, it's a pity the game does not register "extended" family relationships (AFAIK TS3 had aunt/uncle/cousin and in-laws)

Favorite color was something I used in TS3 for the simple reason I built outfits of each sim around that color.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I'd love to be able to set family relationships the way we could fo it in TS3. These drop-downs are rather annoying.

Also, I cannot retroactively create both parents for an existing pair of siblings??? It literally not possible and it bugs me so much.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to set family relationships the way we could fo it in TS3. These drop-downs are rather annoying.

Also, I cannot retroactively create both parents for an existing pair of siblings??? It literally not possible and it bugs me so much.

Yeah I don't get that.
    There is ZERO actual reason I can think of why "You can't set relationships for pre-existing sims"????????? Why not?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    At the very least there should be:

Partner (this incorporates boyfriend/girlfriend; fiance and is in addition to Married)
    Grandparent
    Grandchild
    Uncle
    Aunt
    Nephew
    Niece

I also think we should have Best/Good Friends and Enemies as an option in CAS for storytelling purposes.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't understand what is the request ?
    I mean all these infos are available except great grandparent/great grandchild and ancestor/descendant.

7rusdasftsdp.jpg

In fact when you create sibling , the game assign an unknown parent to them.
    If you want CAS handle the other types, the family tree will be full of unknown sims.

For example :

Great grandparent -> unknown grandparent -> unknown parent -> great grandchild
    Grandparent -> unknown parent -> grandchild
    Uncle/aunt -> unknown pibling -> nephew/niece
    Cousin -> unknown parent -> unknown pibling -> cousin

The game need a sim to create the links.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I don't get that.
    There is ZERO actual reason I can think of why "You can't set relationships for pre-existing sims"????????? Why not?

In order to avoid incest relationships, it's a permanent relationship.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited April 2019
    Replace the drop-down lists with visual family trees, the way we would do it in TS2 and TS3. That was by far the superior option. Those drop-down menus are a remnant of the early days of TS4 when family trees were still not a thing.

And like, I CAN add ONE parent to an existing sibling pair. But I cannot add both of them.
    Even if I make her their father's spouse, these drop-down menus simply refuse to let me make both of them their parents. And said siblings already have familial connections elsewhere in town, so I can't just delete them and start over either. It's all rather frustrating.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    I mean all these infos are available except great grandparent/great grandchild and ancestor/descendant.

7rusdasftsdp.jpg

If you want CAS handle the other types, the family tree will be full of unknown sims.

For example :

What we are asking is for the options to appear without the necessity of creating Sims just in order to get those relationships appear.
    Also the game misses important relationships like great grandparents but also in-laws, and step-parents and step-children. We are also asking for the team to add the possibility of creating two Sims in love without being married or a pair of bff or enemies.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member

7rusdasftsdp.jpg

For example :

What we are talking about is not having to jump through hoops to create the various relationships. For example if you want to create a grandparent and their grandchild, your only options for relationships are Roommate, Mother, Sister. We shouldn't have to create a whole family just to get one relationship.
    edited April 2019
    @AlbaWaterhouse

"Also the game misses important relationships like great grandparents but also in-laws, and step-parents and step-children."

Maybe you already know it but great grandparent/great grandchild and ancestor/descendant are only visible in the Family Tree.

hsbi62kdq1sf.jpg
    edited April 2019
    @AlbaWaterhouse

"Also the game misses important relationships like great grandparents but also in-laws, and step-parents and step-children."

Maybe you already know it but great grandparent/great grandchild and ancestor/descendant are only visible in the Family Tree.

hsbi62kdq1sf.jpg

Yes but I want to be able to create them in CAS with the proper label.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    That would be nice. Did you know that Katrina Caliente and Don Lothario are supposed to be dating, but they aren't because you can't create a simple boyfriend in CAS.
    funny-gifs20.gif