Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The perfect game. Thank you

2...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

The Sims Freeplay is pretty good too for a "free-to-play" mobile game. I much prefer it over the The Sims Mobile!

Don't make me start on that. The Sims Mobile is the worst thing on this franshise. I played for one year and I uninstalled the game two months ago. That game should not be called The Sims even because we are simulating nothing. Its a stories game with sims with no personality, no needs, no nothing... You pick one thing and they teleport the sim to the object or action. Llama zoom its annoying and the events (becoming repetitive now) are just for more stories and clothes and objects that by the way you have to buy color by color now. Seriously... whats "The Sims" thing about that game? What really bothers me is that Mobile have better reviews than Freeplay but thats just the indicator of what I think is the problem of this franshise... what is new is popular.

Yeah, I agree that The Sims Mobile has better reviews because it's new, but The Sims Freeplay simmers are still around. I'm actually part of a very large Facebook group that is still very active. I just find TSF better because it is about playing an ever expanding town full of your own sims from generation to generation. I love that they continue to add new places and content even after all these years. There's really so many different things to do! That's why it still has a lot of loyal players.

I played The Sims Mobile a few times. It's just okay to me. I used to play The Sims Bustin' Out and The Urbz on Gameboy Color (the model that folds up) and I enjoy those much more as mobile games. I still have them and play them occasionally!

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

Just this! I feel like I shouldn’t be forced to explain myself. I love the game and I’ve loved all of them. Why does it matter so much that I write a huge detailed post about what I love about sims 4? Could I do that? Yes I could but it isn’t necessary. I’m just gonna say I love the game like I’ve loved them all end of story.

Also I love that when I tried to explain it a bit above I’m told it’s wrong. Smh. @ClarionOfJoy I said the depth of the systems was the best in sims 4, like fame and vampires. Never that the depth of sims 4 was better than sims 2, it’s better than 3 though.

That's funny because all the other TS1-TS3 simmers can go into great detail to back up any claims they make and can even make successful comparisons to TS4 as to why their version is so much better than TS4. They even provide images and video to their statements. I've never seen any TS4 simmer be able to do that.

And then here you are making another claim that "it's better than 3 though". You learned nothing! Lol! Go ahead and back that up with specific examples that TS4 is generally better than TS3. Can't prove it? Then it's just your opinion and not fact!

As you put it, they go into great detail to back up their claims? I see it as they are comparing what they enjoy in their preferred game they are playing and, not backing up any claims. I see the images and videos they provide as something to watch and enjoy for comparison reasons.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Boy we really can't have a positive Sims 4 thread on these forums, can we? We really have to complain on every. single. one, don't we?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If Sims 4 have little or no depth for some folks then it doesn't and if it does then it does. For me The devs failed to tweak what they had and I wound up with an program that initially had no drawing power and today Sims 4 is a little better. However, for me the packs are gimped as not to upset performance meaning for me as an gamer there is nothing I find that is blows me away. Sims 3 is the older program and I would have expected the newer one to be better or even complement the older version but it didn't. This debate will continue until an new version comes out(if it happens).There is nothing I can do to change Sims 4 path only EA/Maxis can do it and its path has already been written and planned a long time ago. The nice thing about owning the older versions I can always go back and play the way I loved to play. One thing about Sims 3 it's platform is still connected as it has not been archived to date as the Sims 1 and 2 was done not too long after. So in essence Sims 3 has left an mark on most people. Sims 3 was not for some people as Sims 4 is not for some people no matter how well you debate it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I barely remember past iterations. There are some things I miss (like crawling toddlers) and some things I don't (the pudding faces in Sims 3). As for Sims 4, families are more like families than they were in previous games - parents and kids can interact in much more sophisticated ways. I like being able to transfer Sims from household to household without mods, and I'm glad the requirement for eight billion friends to get a work promotion is gone. I love being able to use any category of clothing (male, female, gymwear, sleepwear) when creating outfits. (But, for the love of the Great Llama, can't we please have swatches that match? I don't want a colour wheel. I just want things to match.)

There are still things I want from S4 - some will come in expansion packs eventually, some things won't. I do feel like I can play S4 the way I want to play it more than I could the previous games (or, at least, I can do what I want to do without mods).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I would just like to say I feel like this game is the best one yet. There is nothing lacking and everything to be added is just super amazing extra stuff, more than I could ask for or imagine. It looks amazing, has lots of gameplay and is super comfortable, enjoyable, fun and interesting to play.
    Thank you to the game developers team!

It's great you love it. I loved TS2. So, yeah, have fun with it. But I'm only pointing out you do make several topics requesting things be changed, and things be improved and tweked here and there, and you weren't happy about the freelance career (which you stated isn't anything new since we already have painter, writer etc. and ask what was new about that in another thread). I'm not sure you are being serious, but if you are have fun, but others also ask for tweaks, changes and improvements, that's not hating, that's necessary. ETA: your post here is almost saying it's perfect, maybe to you it is, but you have also made threads pointing out it's not, so I am taking this post with a grain of salt at the moment, or it's just bait I don't know, if it is bait, I fell for it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited April 2019
    TS 4 is my favourite. Since someone asked for specifics, here's why:

1. My main reason is that it's by far the easiest to play stories with. If I want a challenge I play 2, but most of the time, I just want to use the game to play out all of these stories. The fact that their needs aren't that hard to take care about and multitasking is what makes that possible. I use my own imagination a lot when I play and can come up with what my sims should struggle with on my own. I usually don't make them have their dreamcareers right when they age up to YAs, I make them fall in love with people that don't like them back and so on. I even have my own system for when to age sims and banking and stuff.

Would I like those things to officially be part of the game? ...maybe? I like how the things I come up with myself works. Also, not everyone is that hardcore. When I start a new game, I spend a long time creating all the families, making houses and coming up with ideas for storylines. That's not for everyone. And no, I could not have done this with the other games, because taking care of the sims took too much time.'

2. I like the art style. If they would try to make it realistic, I thin kthey would end up in uncanny valley. This way, it looks good and it doesn't look like something that is trying to look real, but can't.

3. I like how neighbouthoods are handled. There are plenty of sims moving around to make it feel alive, but it's not lagging massively. I would have liked it if we had open neighbourhoods, but I think this is okay. For me, it's preferable to only having the lot to move around or having an open world, but no sims anywhere.

4. The toddlers. We got them late, but I think they're the best addition yes. I'm a family player, they are important to me.

And so on. The rest are smaller things that I just genrelly like.

Also, it bothers me how people act like liking 4 isn't valid. Everyone plays the game differently. 4 is definitley more for story players than those who want a challenge, and it's okay to play any of the others if they suit your playstyle better. Just don't tell others that they can't like 4.
    Post edited by Rebbilina on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hadn't played The Sims since TS1. I did a bunch of research and looked at screenshots from TS3 and TS4 before choosing which one to buy. I chose TS4 because it seemed better to me. I have been thrilled with my choice. I'm sure TS3 is awesome too -- I know TS1 was -- but I have had many happy hours of play time with TS4. :smile:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Alright folks I've stepped in here and removed a whole slew of comments from both sides here. I'm going to point out that this is The Sims 4 feedback section, not The Sims 2 not The Sims 3. If you wish to make a thread discussing the merits of those games or give feedback on them there is a Sims 3 section and a Sims 2 section.

This thread got wildly off topic and rapidly turned into an argument that wasn't necessary in the first place. At the end of the day we each enjoy different versions of these games for different reasons. None of those reasons make our choice wrong, that's why it's subjective. Not everyone is going to agree and not everyone is going to enjoy the same thing, the important thing is to respect other people's opinion and choice without trying to force our own opinion on them and that goes for everyone on both sides of this debate.

Please keep this thread on topic going forward please, you're more than welcome to discuss and debate this respectfully as long as it stays Sims 4 related. If this turns into a comparison thread between Sims 4 and the previous iterations again I'll be closing it because that's not the topic at hand and this isn't the correct section for it.
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    edited April 2019
    Boy we really can't have a positive Sims 4 thread on these forums, can we? We really have to complain on every. single. one, don't we?

This game isn't free, so people are well within their rights to speak on things they don't like about something they paid for, I don't get the issue with that.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yup. If there wasn’t issues with the game I wouldn’t be complaining and like somebody else said, the game isn’t free, the gurus do not do this out of the goodness of their hearts it’s their JOB.

I have expectations when it comes to a product and customer services and I expect them to be met, especially when I’m paying for such a service.

—T
    To7m wrote: »

Yup. If there wasn’t issues with the game I wouldn’t be complaining and like somebody else said, the game isn’t free, the gurus do not do this out of the goodness of their hearts it’s their JOB.

I have expectations when it comes to a product and customer services and I expect them to be met, especially when I’m paying for such a service.

—T

Thank you. Some people need to get a grip and understand this is a paid service, not a free mobile game.
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    I feel the same way! This game has been amazing since the beginning. To be honest I'm not a very demanding gamer, I just play sims, and I believe this version launched as one of the worst, it lacked SO MANY things. Toddlers, pools and more. But I think EA made its way through it and fixed their mistakes, and now we have an incredibly deep, wide and broad game with an infinite amount of options to explore and play through. It has a huge variety of play styles, the build mode is JUST- AMAZING, the moods? Literally so good, they added so astonishingly much to the gameplay, city living added so many cultures and apartments which are great imo. We've got so many things to do and so many ways to do them! I'm really happy with how the game developed, and can't wait for it to continue doing so. :smiley:
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's great you love it. I loved TS2. So, yeah, have fun with it. But I'm only pointing out you do make several topics requesting things be changed, and things be improved and tweked here and there, and you weren't happy about the freelance career (which you stated isn't anything new since we already have painter, writer etc. and ask what was new about that in another thread). I'm not sure you are being serious, but if you are have fun, but others also ask for tweaks, changes and improvements, that's not hating, that's necessary. ETA: your post here is almost saying it's perfect, maybe to you it is, but you have also made threads pointing out it's not, so I am taking this post with a grain of salt at the moment, or it's just bait I don't know, if it is bait, I fell for it.
    I said I was happy about the new career type but the tracks weren't anything new. Cause... they aren't :D But I am excited about it, absolutely!
    I dunno what I've said that I'm not happy with. The only thing is the building in seasons but it's not game breaking, you can still build any way you like but it's limited time-wise. And I've said I'd like hand holding in the game. That's not to say what is already there is not good. It would be cute, that's all :)
    And I find it horrifying how on an official forum for the game it's seen as baiting when you say you like the game.

Sims 2 was amazing too. It'd be my fave but the graphics... I would never say I hate Sims 2 though or the company because I didn't like the graphics on the game. Sims 4 has it all though. The few things that are there that might get in the way sometimes aren't that serious really cause the content that's there is more than enough and there is a huge amount of gameplay for me still left to be discovered after most of it's cycle is done already. It's never boring for me. The only thing I truely do not like about the game is the jeaousy trait. Do I hate the game cause of it? No. Does it ake away from the quality of the game? No.

edit: I'm not keen on occults but I still praise the game developers for them cause they do cater to different kind of players. Occults have been part of the game since forever and I've not hated the previous games cause of them so I have no reason to hate the current game for them.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2019
    I said I was happy about the new career type but the tracks weren't anything new. Cause... they aren't :D But I am excited about it, absolutely!
    I dunno what I've said that I'm not happy with. The only thing is the building in seasons but it's not game breaking, you can still build any way you like but it's limited time-wise. And I've said I'd like hand holding in the game. That's not to say what is already there is not good. It would be cute, that's all :)
    And I find it horrifying how on an official forum for the game it's seen as baiting when you say you like the game.

Sims 2 was amazing too. It'd be my fave but the graphics... I would never say I hate Sims 2 though or the company because I didn't like the graphics on the game. Sims 4 has it all though. The few things that are there that might get in the way sometimes aren't that serious really cause the content that's there is more than enough and there is a huge amount of gameplay for me still left to be discovered after most of it's cycle is done already. It's never boring for me. The only thing I truely do not like about the game is the jeaousy trait. Do I hate the game cause of it? No. Does it ake away from the quality of the game? No.

edit: I'm not keen on occults but I still praise the game developers for them cause they do cater to different kind of players. Occults have been part of the game since forever and I've not hated the previous games cause of them so I have no reason to hate the current game for them.
    Not really baiting per se, but the word ‘perfect’ is not the best choice for an adjective if you are willing to acknowledge flaws in something.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I love Sims 4 and it is definitely my favorite Sims game. PeriodT! Ive been playing sims since the 99' and 2000'. I think i have a right to say which one is the best. Same as anyone else. I definitely agree with you @Simpkin <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2019
    Although i do love the sims 4, i cant say it's perfect as of yet.
    The reason i have this opinion is because there is a lot that is missing from the game, i miss being able to go swimming in the sea etc.
    My personal all time favourite sims game is the sims 2, the little things were what made the sims 2 amazing, the babies were cute and i loved them!.
    I can definitely still play the sims 4 upon hours though, and i'll be there every step of the way with new content, i just believe the game is still very much incomplete and lacks some of the things i enjoyed from the past sims games. :)

On that note: Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, and nobody should ever judge another persons opinion either. HAPPY SIMMING
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    edited May 2019
    @Remy_Geneva :) Of course people can complain and those of us who are happy can be happy as well. The thing is , there is already a feedback section people for players who would like to critique sims 4 to post their own threads about those complaints. And for those of us that LOVE sims 4 and are satisfied with the direction of this game <3 , we should be able to have posts that are more for appreciating sims 4 , without being attacked or talked down to, by the ones who preferred other games for whatever reason.
    @Remy_Geneva :) Of course people can complain and those of us who are happy can be happy as well. The thing is , there is already a feedback section people for players who would like to critique sims 4 to post their own threads about those complaints. And for those of us that LOVE sims 4 and are satisfied with the direction of this game <3 , we should be able to have posts that are more for appreciating sims 4 , without being attacked or talked down to, by the ones who preferred other games for whatever reason.

Firstly I was responding to this comment...

"Boy we really can't have a positive Sims 4 thread on these forums, can we? We really have to complain on every. single. one, don't we?"

The above comment is exactly as you describe "being attacked or talked down to".

Secondly, please tell me where in my comment, I said that you or anyone else can't/shouldn't be happy with the game. I didn't post anything to the OP about their opinion they can like it if they what, that has nothing to do with me. Don't expect everyone to follow suit just because it's an appreciation thread, there will be differing opinions. This is a forum not an echo chamber, although with the way a few people behave on here, they clearly want it to be.

• Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    I feel like there's definitely lots of room for improvement, but I agree that it is still enjoyable. And it's really nice to see someone show so much gratitude and mention the developers. Your positivity is refreshing! Happy simming!
    Actually I see plenty of people wanting it an echo chamber, but not in the way you describe, but the other way around. For example, suggesting that those of use who like Sims 4 need to "prove" the game is enjoyable for us and go into extensive detail about WHY. To me that suggests wanting an echo chamber of only people who are dissatisfied.

I actually dont consider that comment an attack. A moderator already removed the post that was attacking or belittling OP for enjoying Sims 4 . Which is what I was referring to :) There is an entire feedback section for critiques @Remy_Geneva
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Long time player myself. 2 will always be my favorite.. 1 was fun. I once stayed up for 2 nights playing non-stop. When 3 was announced I was excited only to be let down. Same with 4. For me 4 kinda of gives you a small taste of what 2 did but is still lacking in family play.. Family play especially from 2 is what made me love the sims. I miss the sims from 2. I never wanted good graphics, I wanted them to take the sims from 2 and add features from 3 open world and color wheel being allowed to visit neighbors and updated the gameplay.. Sims from 3 and 4 seem soulless. 2 had emotions, chemistry with others. the higher the chemistry the better chances you had in developing a relationship. Who can remember Brandi Broke going outside to scold Dustin about something. It did this kind of stuff all the time and I loved watching it.. Some of the sims reactions when someone let out a fart had me cracking up.. The wants always had somthing to do with what you chose family, romance,pleasure, knowledge etc.. :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
    Actually I see plenty of people wanting it an echo chamber, but not in the way you describe, but the other way around. For example, suggesting that those of use who like Sims 4 need to "prove" the game is enjoyable for us and go into extensive detail about WHY. To me that suggests wanting an echo chamber of only people who are dissatisfied.

I actually dont consider that comment an attack. A moderator already removed the post that was attacking or belittling OP for enjoying Sims 4 . Which is what I was referring to :) There is an entire feedback section for critiques @Remy_Geneva

I didn't say that the echo chamber only goes one way, where did you get that from? I think their are a few people on here who like/dislike the game that would prefer it that way. For me, that would just hinder the progress and good aspects of the game.

I don't agree with this behaviour and I think it's stupid to be honest, nobody should be asked to prove why they like this game. More importantly, I have no idea what this has to do with me.

I quoted your words "attacked or talked down to", and the latter in my opinion is an example of the earlier comment. Look at the comment underneath yours, this person is polite and doesn't share the same opinion as the OP. Nothing wrong with that. Does that comment belong in the feedback section because it differs from OP?

People can and will continue to say what they want (good or bad) on whatever thread they choose. As long as it's not just straight up being rude, I don't see the problem.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It does look as if the game suits those who buy all the game and expansion packs as more traits are being added slowly as packs come out as in City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work and Get Famous and StrangerVille (paranoid added) but I hope Maxis add more of them in each of ongoing packs..
    Carl's Sims Guide has a very good list.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/traits/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    MMX wrote: »

Not really baiting per se, but the word ‘perfect’ is not the best choice for an adjective if you are willing to acknowledge flaws in something.

That's not perfect to me, it's delusional. That is not a personal attack against you by the way. Perfection to me is balance. You can never have the good without the bad. But the few glitches that are in the game don't in any way outweigh the good stuff. And I am completely satisfied with the stuff that's in the game. And the minor things I do not like as much are in no way gamebreaking or even bringing down the quality of the game for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)