Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The perfect game. Thank you

I would just like to say I feel like this game is the best one yet. There is nothing lacking and everything to be added is just super amazing extra stuff, more than I could ask for or imagine. It looks amazing, has lots of gameplay and is super comfortable, enjoyable, fun and interesting to play.
Thank you to the game developers team!
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying TS4 so much and sharing your positivity. I love it too, but I wouldn't say it's perfect or anywhere near 'complete' for me yet, as there is a lot of content I am hoping to see added and improved on. I really feel it has a lot of potential though and I'm looking forward to seeing it expand. Happy simming! :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It does a lot of things right, and can be fun, but there are also a lot of things missing/broken, and I find it as buggy as a Florida swamp. Though imperfect, TS2 is still my favourite of the series.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It's definitely my favorite of the series! I agree it's very exciting to play and I really enjoy it a lot. There is a couple of things I would still like to see added, but it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually get here at least most of them. And the packs are all really at a lot. The things I'd like to see most is more for others to do and also the addition of preteens. But I feel like the game has enough content that even if they weren't going to add anything ever again I could still get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it, perhaps thousands. It is fine how it is and the new features are always a really great bonus!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2019
    [Removed quoted post] ~Rtas

Don't be rude. People are allowed to prefer TS4 over other versions of the game.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    I've played TS1, TS2, TS3, and TS4, all with their EPs/SPs/etc. I love all of them equally, and respect they're each separate games! Happy to read someone else posting positivity, I agree TS4 is a fantastic game!! :)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2019
    Better than Sims 1 in every case. But not better than Sims 2 and Sims 3 in my opinion. Sims 4 is just lacking so much content that Sims 2 AND Sims 3 both had. Plus there will never be open world or a color wheel which is kind of a bummer.

The only thing where Sims 4 is superior are the graphics and Create A Sim.
    a256aFi.gif
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Let's leave it out with the snarky comments and gifs please. You can disagree without making fun and being sarcastic.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    What are you smoking?

Even though for me Sims 4 is lacking in many areas and for me is not the best version, she is however entitled to believe what she wants to believe. But as usual her post is open for postive and negative (not condescending ones). :)

Nobody said she wasn’t. However, it’s clear they’re fishing for bites. Opinion or not, nobody can deny the lack of content, passion, foundation and communication surrounding this game. What she is stating is just simply untrue. She can like the game but the game itself is still lacking compared to the others 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s just a fact.

—T
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    What are you smoking?

Even though for me Sims 4 is lacking in many areas and for me is not the best version, she is however entitled to believe what she wants to believe. But as usual her post is open for postive and negative (not condescending ones). :)

Nobody said she wasn’t. However, it’s clear they’re fishing for bites. Opinion or not, nobody can deny the lack of content, passion, foundation and communication surrounding this game. What she is stating is just simply untrue. She can like the game but the game itself is still lacking compared to the others 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s just a fact.

—T

There you go fixed it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    People are entitled to whatever opinion they have. You can’t tell someone their opinion is wrong because you don’t agree with it. You can’t claim “facts” that not everyone agrees with. I have never agreed that sims 4 is lacking in content and that is my opinion not a fact. I personally find it full of content not lacking and in more depth than the sims 3 (sims 3 had more, but less detail/depth). That is my opinion. I’m not saying sims 4 is the best or that it is complete and perfect. I love the game but there are areas that need to be tweaked and things I like to see added. But I respect that not everyone is there yet and that some just won’t ever like it. It’s a game and we all have our opinion on how we feel about it.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @Akl500P wrote: »
    People are entitled to whatever opinion they have. You can’t tell someone their opinion is wrong because you don’t agree with it. You can’t claim “facts” that not everyone agrees with. I have never agreed that sims 4 is lacking in content and that is my opinion not a fact. I personally find it full of content not lacking and in more depth than the sims 3 (sims 3 had more, but less detail/depth). That is my opinion. I’m not saying sims 4 is the best or that it is complete and perfect. I love the game but there are areas that need to be tweaked and things I like to see added. But I respect that not everyone is there yet and that some just won’t ever like it. It’s a game and we all have our opinion on how we feel about it.

I agree. I find TS4 to have more depth. I realized I don't care how many features are there in the game, what matters is the depth this feature can be. That is why I love this game. Are there problems regarding depth in the base game such as personality? Yes there are, but so far there are many features thet provides depth in the experience for me. Having features that feel well thought and designed feels a much more complete game to me rather than a set of so many features that I cannot stand out. I still like both games.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2019
    Akl500P wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I agree. I find TS4 to have more depth. I realized I don't care how many features are there in the game, what matters is the depth this feature can be. That is why I love this game. Are there problems regarding depth in the base game such as personality? Yes there are, but so far there are many features thet provides depth in the experience for me. Having features that feel well thought and designed feels a much more complete game to me rather than a set of so many features that I cannot stand out. I still like both games.

TS4 simmers tend to be very vague when they praise TS4. But ask any TS1, TS2 or TS3 simmer and they can go into many specifics as to what it is about their preferred game that gives it more depth than TS4.

Will any of you go into specifics about what it is about TS4 that gives it more depth than the previous iterations? I know people have said that toddlers and vampires were done well, but that is not all that TS4 is about and that is not enough to convince most people that the entire game has more depth than the previous iterations.

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'm always amazed how posts like these get so much... kerosene, as it were.
    I just put Sims 2 in one cheek, Sims 4 in the other, and like any good squirrel, run for the hills. :smile:
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2019

TS4 simmers tend to be very vague when they praise TS4. But ask any TS1, TS2 or TS3 simmer and they can go into many specifics as to what it is about their preferred game that gives it more depth than TS4.

Will any of you go into specifics about what it is about TS4 that gives it more depth than the previous iterations? I know people have said that toddlers and vampires were done well, but that is not all that TS4 is about and that is not enough to convince most people that the entire game has more depth than the previous iterations.

SO TRUE! Im sorry, I know its opinions but saying The Sims 4 gives more depth than the others is making me wonder if TS4 stans really played the other games.
    I don't want to look rude but even The Sims Freeplay give us things with more depth sometimes.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Gonna be honest, I haven't played any Sims games other than TS4. I have accidentally posted on some Sims 3 discussions though...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Gonna be honest, I haven't played any Sims games other than TS4. I have accidentally posted on some Sims 3 discussions though...

Lol. That would have been funny to read.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »

Why do they need to go into specifics though? If they liked the other games more they'd play them more often. You don't have to be able to pinpoint your reasons for liking or disliking something.

Me personally, I would not call TS4 a deep game. I wouldn't even call it a good game. But for whatever reason it has held my interests more than the previous games have. I had a little fun with TS2 as a child but that's really all. And when TS3 dropped I couldn't even make it out of CAS before I took the disc out of my computer and moved on. It doesn't objectively make those games worse; it just means they didn't resonate with me as well.

One thing people have got to learn to do is separate opinion and fact. Someone could sit here and list all the ways one game is "deeper" than the others and it wouldn't change what anyone thinks. The things on the list may be facts but the way people feel about them would merely be opinion.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I could list a lot of reasons as to why I find the game to be more in depth. All of the systems in the game (calendar, vampires, fame, reputation) are very in depth and if they were in a previous version they are improved. I find certain aspects of the active careers more in depth this time round. It’s honestly a bit hard to explain the depth thing. I just find aspects like I mentioned above and of course toddlers as well to be more detailed and more enjoyable to play. I don’t find things as half done. I felt like a lot of features in sims 3 were never done as well as they could have been done. By adding more objects and more options the depth and detail to me was taken out. I would take less content and more detail any day. I think sims 4 has a lot of content even still. As much as sims 3? No, but I generally don’t find that to be a bad thing. To me thats one of the best things about the game though, the depth. Now we could use more in depth personalities I agree on that. And like I said I would like certain things added but I’m patient and am currently really enjoying what we have.
    I also have played since sims 1. I don’t appreciate the “if you like sims 4 you obviously aren’t a long time fan” attitude. That’s just degrading and unnecessary. My favorite is sims 2 not sims 4. I find sims 4 closer to sims 2 than sims 3 ever was, which is another reason I prefer it. I loved sims 3 do not get me wrong, but I have a very hard time going back now. I find myself longing for things we have now. It doesn’t make me less of a fan because I enjoy sims 4, that’s ridiculous. I just do. I don’t know why that is such an issue for some.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

SO TRUE! Im sorry, I know its opinions but saying The Sims 4 gives more depth than the others is making me wonder if TS4 stans really played the other games.
    I don't want to look rude but even The Sims Freeplay give us things with more depth sometimes.

The Sims Freeplay is pretty good too for a "free-to-play" mobile game. I much prefer it over the The Sims Mobile!

• LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2019

The Sims Freeplay is pretty good too for a "free-to-play" mobile game. I much prefer it over the The Sims Mobile!

Don't make me start on that. The Sims Mobile is the worst thing on this franshise. I played for one year and I uninstalled the game two months ago. That game should not be called The Sims even because we are simulating nothing. Its a stories game with sims with no personality, no needs, no nothing... You pick one thing and they teleport the sim to the object or action. Llama zoom its annoying and the events (becoming repetitive now) are just for more stories and clothes and objects that by the way you have to buy color by color now. Seriously... whats "The Sims" thing about that game? What really bothers me is that Mobile have better reviews than Freeplay but thats just the indicator of what I think is the problem of this franshise... what is new is popular.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't agree there is nothing lacking... because I still want lots of stuff for this game. Witches, University and dare I hope for Farming is topping my list. I do agree that it is the best Sims game yet for me.. although no game is perfect. I'm sure there is much lacking for players with other preferences and game play styles but for many reasons that I can detail and have detailed in many posts it fits my play style so well there is no topping this game for me or going back to the prior ones for more than a quick peek in. I did start going in to look at Sims 2 recently but mostly just long enough to rebuild the characters from that game that I loved into this game that I love.
    I can visualize more stories than I did in past sims games, and much more easily. I have many more tools at my disposal for quickly setting my households, builds, worlds and stories faster and to my satisfaction so I'm ready to go in and actually play my sims quickly. I spent so much time setting up in the past I wonder if part of my brain looked at the whole process as game play or even time spent engaging in the game(s).
    The game is more beautiful to me, moves in a very fluid manner, and sounds better than any games in the past.
    I've found that with this game I actually enjoy it more without mods and cc .. I might be really different there. I have less issues with the game that way and I just like focusing on how the devs created it really. I do enjoy trying out mods but my gameplay ends up being about the mod at that point (and that's okay sometimes for grins or something different .. just not optimum for me).

I just recently had my computer go belly up. Got my upgraded one a few hours ago. I've been without Sims for a full week and it's downloading now.. It's basically the first entertainment I'm putting back in my computer. I put in Origin, and Discord to connect with friends and now this game. I've missed my game so much. I had to try make due with an old console Sims game and could not get into it. Playing that again solidified my stance that I hope they never ever go back to harsh needs or anything else you have to always be on top of continuously. I hope they continue to work on giving us game play that isn't so invasive that I can't tell the stories I want too. As options sure but.. not as standard ever again. My sims had no time to do anything but work, and fill needs then try to find time to skill.. Uggh. Dictated gameplay or failure. Storytelling was so limited. I know in later games it wasn't as bad, but for me it was still at the forefront of gameplay at that time, with mods it could even be okay but I don't like being dependent on mods.

Hopefully my save games will work when I get it running again but if not I know I'll be happily playing soon.
    I could not care less about nostalgia at this moment ... it doesn't make me want to actually keep playing the older games. There are some good, funny memories though...
    egTcBMc.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, the sims3 "is my love", but is heading to "was my love". To me, Sims4 (after the first two years) is definitely better now, and I am really enjoying it.
    I don't write long post because I don't feel the forums is all about explaining and going into "depth" about everything. It is for sharing, caring, and helping others out.
    I keep it short because I don't feel the need to go into detail and I personally don't feel the need to back up any of my claims. There are a lot of post (even long ones) that I enjoy reading, but that doesn't mean I have to write a book about my game.

I like all the series, they all have their ups and downs. I think the team has done a fabulous job with all of them. Yes, I am a long time simmer, who has enjoyed the series all thru the years.
    Well, the sims3 "is my love", but is heading to "was my love". To me, Sims4 (after the first two years) is definitely better now, and I am really enjoying it.
    I don't write long post because I don't feel the forums is all about explaining and going into "depth" about everything. It is for sharing, caring, and helping others out.
    I keep it short because I don't feel the need to go into detail and I personally don't feel the need to back up any of my claims. There are a lot of post (even long ones) that I enjoy reading, but that doesn't mean I have to write a book about my game.

I like all the series, they all have their ups and downs. I think the team has done a fabulous job with all of them. Yes, I am a long time simmer, who has enjoyed the series all thru the years.

Just this! I feel like I shouldn’t be forced to explain myself. I love the game and I’ve loved all of them. Why does it matter so much that I write a huge detailed post about what I love about sims 4? Could I do that? Yes I could but it isn’t necessary. I’m just gonna say I love the game like I’ve loved them all end of story.

Also I love that when I tried to explain it a bit above I’m told it’s wrong. Smh. @ClarionOfJoy I said the depth of the systems was the best in sims 4, like fame and vampires. Never that the depth of sims 4 was better than sims 2, it’s better than 3 though.