Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

20 Seed Packets and No Strawberries!

I want my sim to have a girl and get her gardening skill up, I have bought and opened 20 seed packets...no strawberries! Just bananas, grapes and apples, which grow in different seasons - I'm in spring right now. Is it normal to open 20 seed packets and not get strawberries? Where else can I find them? At this rate, I might as well make a private garden lot.

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Be lazy like me and see if there are any fruit collections in the gallery. I recently downloaded all the flowers just so my evil flower arranging sim has instant access to the death flower and will use it to bump off a few townies, all for fun, I must say.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    If you have City Living you can pop into the city and check the produce stalls there. They should sell strawberries. I've personally given up on the seedpackets myself. I never get what I need. So its either a trip into the city or like calaprfy suggest; go gallery hopping.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've seen strawberry plants growing around Willow Creek, down where the Community lots are :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    just unlock all objects and type strawberry in the search bar in BB and you will have them
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yeah, I always harvested them in some of the worlds. They harvest around 5 am (not every day on some) so I take mine to WC or OS park areas? Sometimes I think I found them in Newcrest right where my sim was living (next to the small park).
  • Options
    PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    If you have City Living you can pop into the city and check the produce stalls there. They should sell strawberries. I've personally given up on the seedpackets myself. I never get what I need. So its either a trip into the city or like calaprfy suggest; go gallery hopping.

Where are these produce stands? I didn't see them in BB when do they pop up?
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2019
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Where are these produce stands? I didn't see them in BB when do they pop up?

There's usually one in almost every neighbourhood in San Myshuno, the world that comes with City Living. There's usually one in the Spice District and the Arts District and I'm sure I've seen one in the fashion district occasionally. Not sure about the posh area.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2019
    You can also get them in debug mode. Shift+ctrl+c will open the console bar at the top right of the screen. In here type testingcheats on then open build mode and in the catalog search bar type debug and scroll through you will find both the strawberry bush, and individual strawberries that you can eat or plant. Shift+ctrl+c will close the console bar as well.
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Well, that's berry unfortunate.

Strawberry is quite common in WC, so maybe you can find one when you explore it. Or, if you want to get it through unusual experience, perhaps it's time to set a week full of Appeasing Gnome holidays.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I still use this guide all the time. It tells you where to go to find each type of plant. I could not survive without Carl's Guides, lol : carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/plant-locations.php

You can also buy strawberries at the produce stand found in buy mode on public lots, or find them in San Myshuno.
    That took longer than I expected lol playing through a few weeks in game this seems to be the food stall schedule

Monday-.. Spice Market - Indian and Produce.... Fashion- American and Japanese... Art- Produce and Tea ...Uptown- American
    Tuesday- .. Spice- Mexican and Produce... Fashion- Chinese.... Art- Moroccan and Produce... Uptown- Japanese
    Wednesday ..Spice - Moroccan.... Fashion-Produce and Vietnamese ... Art-Produce and Tea ..... Uptown- Cupcakes
    Thursday.. Spice-Indian and Produce... Fashion- American and Japanese... Art- Filipino and Produce... Uptown- Gourmet
    Friday... Spice -Indian and Produce... Fashion- Chinese... Art- Moroccan and Produce.... Uptown- Japanese
    Saturday... Spice- Indian and Tea... Fashion-Produce and Vietnamese... Art-American and Produce... Uptown- Cupcakes
    Sunday... Spice- Mexican and Produce.... Fashion- Chinese .... Art- Filipino and Produce ..... Uptown- Gourmet
    Romance Fest- Japanese
    Hijinks Fest - Vietnamese and Moroccan
    Geek Fest- American
    Flea Fest- Filipino, Indian and Vietnamese
    Spice Fest - Indian, Mexican and Vietnamese