Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lose content after password change

Any ideas why this happens....Origin for some reason logs me out and I have to re-enter my details, after which sims 3 unticks all my downloads. Its really annoying as I load a game and then get the message about missing content so I have to quit and start again. Does anyone know why it happens please.
Keith

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    That's probably THE most annoying thing about the Patch 1.69/Origin tie-in. One has to count all of the EP/SPs one has to make sure they are still showing up and remain checked off on EVERY startup. Not only do they get unchecked, but many of us found that some of them would periodically go missing from the list entirely thus requiring a few reboots of Origin and possibly the computer to get them to appear again. This is why many of us gave up on 1.69 and repurchased the game (on sale) from Steam so we could enjoy Patch 1.67 without the Origin messes again. Others have been successful with all disc (no Origin) installs, but that requires owning the game and all of the packs on disc with a base game disc having been manufactured before Sept 2012 as the later ones require Origin anyway.

There is a temporary file that should show up in your TS3 user game folder in Documents that we think may be trying to keep track of the packs selected and some players have reported that deleting that file so it regenerates helps fix this. Others report no difference. Unfortunately I no longer have a 1.69 install so I don't have this file any longer and cannot remember what it was called. Perhaps other Origin users can remind us.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    Ok thanks for that. At least I know I have to check each time now.