Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets wandering around ill, dirty and miserable

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
As a rotational player I'm noticing that the pets from my inactive played households are wandering around the neighbourhood looking incredibly sad, ill and in serious need of a bath. Whichever household I'm playing, practically all the pets from my other households are doing this.

Also, if I've just rotated to a different household and left the previous one with a clean, well and happy pet (as I always do), that pet from the previous household is wandering around like this almost immediately.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Gallery ID: babysquare
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Same here. Brindleton Bay is full of sick pets, many of them belonging to my inactive households. I also added the "dog friendly" trait to some parks in other worlds and the pets that come with their owners are always sick and dirty as if their owners had never heard of vets or bathtubs....
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't understand how they could get that dirty and ill so quickly (literally within 12 sim hrs since I played their household).

It's weird also that these pets who have homes are wandering around as if they're homeless. :'(
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It would be good if the game could remember the average needs bars of the animals you have played, and keep them at that level when you're not playing that household, as part of the permanent data for NPC households. Could do random for unplayed households until you play them.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I feel like I read somewhere that it was intentional for pets to get sick frequently so the player could make use of the vet career. Not sure if that's totally true, but even still I agree that played household pets should not be getting sick when they aren't being played at the moment.

Not sure the wandering thing though, I hadn't heard of that
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    I wish there was a way to bath our pets when they get sprayed by skunks! :(
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Maybe this is EA's plan to make the Sims 4 more true to life.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They should have made it so pets in inactive households do not get sick unless you are actually visiting a vet. Only then does it make sense to see that other pets in the world are sick.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I don't play rotationally, so I haven't thought about it like that, but yeah. whenever a pet get sick, all the premades shows up with their pets too.
    It's most likely a "We must generate 40 sick pets per Sim day to be sure Vet Clinic makes profit.

Another thing is strays as such, of course. It always shocks me, because where I am from strays are non existent for dogs, and not that common for cats.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Wow, where are you from ?

What's weird is many of the strays in my game are pets from non played households, they shouldn't be strays ? And I guess if your sim adopted a stray pet that wouldn't there be an issue if that pet is actually part of another household ?
    I don't play rotationally, so I haven't thought about it like that, but yeah. whenever a pet get sick, all the premades shows up with their pets too.
    It's most likely a "We must generate 40 sick pets per Sim day to be sure Vet Clinic makes profit.

Another thing is strays as such, of course. It always shocks me, because where I am from strays are non existent for dogs, and not that common for cats.

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have to agree with all of this. I just spotted a sick stray cat in my game yesterday and it made me feel irrationally sorry for him. I hope this gets changed at some point, otherwise a lot of us are going to end up adopting/befriending a lot more pets than intended.

I never see strays in real life either, but I live in a small village. I'm sure they're around in other parts of the country though, which greatly saddens me since it's completely unnecessary. Some humans are just awful.
    edited April 2019
    I saw that two lots on Whiskerman's Warf have the "cat hangout" lot trait, which generates strays. I'm guessing if I remove this trait from those lots the amount of strays in that neighborhood and maybe my game in general is gonna decrease.

I'm playing a sim who rescues strays, so I added the "dog hangout" trait to one lot and stray dogs were pouring in !
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I see this all the time. Drives me crazy. If it’s intentional it’s one of the most ridiculous things ever implemented. If it’s a bug, surprise surprise
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I see this in my game and it really bugs me too, especially with the strays. You can't even take them to the vet or cure them with your sim if they have the equipment.
    HSau :)
  • purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    One of my child sims found a sick stray cat and became good friends with it. He fed it and brushed it and everything, but the option to take to the vet never popped up. I thought I had read somewhere that you could adopt strays once the relationship bar was full enough, but I ended up eventually adding the cat to the household with cheats. THEN we went to the vet.

In real life people take strays to shelters. I think there should be an option to try and "catch" a stray and then take to the vet or give to the adoption agency.
  • Bugginbabs78Bugginbabs78 Posts: 14 New Member
    ya'll are lucky. i don't have stray pets anywhere but Brindleton bay. It makes it difficult to adopt them. as i don't have a household in that neighborhood yet.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes, every time I rotate to a family with pets, the pet is guaranteed to be sick. I just stock up on wellness treats when I visit the vet. One treat instantly cures all illnesses.

The thing that irks me in Brindleton Bay is the appearance of trashplants. I'm unable to delete them in build mode.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I can't believe this is still an issue, a number of us have been complaining about it for a long time.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    Might be worth mentioning I play in Willow Creek and I don't use any of the pet hangout lot traits.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @BabySquare Same. I had the dog hangout trait on a family's lot once, I was easily overwhelmed.
    HSau :)
    HCSau wrote: »
    @BabySquare Same. I had the dog hangout trait on a family's lot once, I was easily overwhelmed.

I can imagine. :s
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    this is the only part of Cats and Dogs that I'm NOT looking forward too... I'm getting it this next week.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I thought this was going to be addressed in today's patch for sure. I am sick of it. I delete all unplayed families with pets because all of them are sick with red noses, green foam, flies flying around them...they just look gross...LMAO This iteration has the worse pets of them all.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be addressed in today's patch for sure. I am sick of it. I delete all unplayed families with pets because all of them are sick with red noses, green foam, flies flying around them...they just look gross...LMAO This iteration has the worse pets of them all.

It really doesn't make sense that if you leave a household that has a well, happy pet who's peacefully napping in their bed, and go into a different household, only to then see the pet from the previous house wandering the other side of the neighbourhood from their home, head drooped in sadness and covered in dirt.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wow, where are you from ?

Sweden. We have very tough laws for dog breeding, and cats are getting there too... We still have a bad record with cats, but nothing like in the US or southern Europe.
    But dogs, yes... Since the different breed organizations self regulate on top of the laws, a purebred dog tend (depending on breed) to cost between 1500 and 2500 dollars. Per puppy. Plus insurance etc etc. Even mutts tend to cost at least 800 dollars.
    That in itself regulates the number of strays, because you don't pay 800 dollars and then throw it away. You try to sell it on or get the breeder to buy it back.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    If I remove the vet clinic will the pets stop being sick? I don't play the vet career, so I wouldn't miss it, but does it mean I'd have perpetually sick pets?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top