Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about weather

xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
Now in real life it's totally normal to go long periods of time with only sunshine. But I'm my current save it has been two sim weeks of nothing but sunshine. My sim will check the weather and it will say it's going to rain and it never does. I'm just curious if I may have messed something up when installing my lighting mods or if this is pretty normal for the game. I've never noticed this happening before, sorry if it's a silly question lol

Edit: LOL of course when I boot up my game once I'm home from work I get a storm 😆 just needed to be more patient. Feel free to ignore me.
Post edited by xitneverendss on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Not a silly question at all, particularly if you are worried about possible side effects from installing a mod :)

I play vanilla so I can't comment on mods. I generally set my game to a week of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. During the Spring and Summer seasons it seems to rain every other day which is disappointing. I live in Britain where the summer weather is usually very cold and wet so I really want lots of summer sunshine for my sims. I think you just got very lucky or rather your sims did, having two weeks of sunshine :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    It should also be mentioned that the weather forecasts in TS3 must be some kind of joke. They are only typically accurate in some kind of random sense, such as a broken wall clock that is correct exactly twice per day. Every mod developer who has been asked to improve upon these has looked at the code and said something like "Not in our lifetime!" I've always taken that to mean that the game's weather patterns do not set themselves up in advance and are thus just not able to be predicted as they might be in a world where weather events form and move towards or away from us in relatively easy to see patterns. The best that any kind of forecast would be able to do is base things on what usually happens in that world in that season, with or without mods to favor some weather events over others and adjust temperature extremes, not on weather events that may be "on the way."

If you want less than sunny weather, schedule a massively huge life-event celebrating party outdoors with no viable indoor backup plans in place. I guarantee you that the raindrops will start falling as soon as the first guests arrive. :p

There's always the NRaas Tempest mod to establish and fine tune climates per world. But for a more immediate effect, one can use testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click on the ground to set the current weather conditions (and in some cases save your outdoor party that was planned so carefully from becoming a soggy mess).
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net