Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career idea: Therapist

KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
It might be cool to have a therapist career. Kind of like stylist but instead of clothes and hair you could change sims traits and walk styles.

ETA: it could be included with a patch that adds A LOT more traits (which we really need)

ETA2: it could also serve as a gameplay friendly way to get or alter life skills from parenthood onto sims who were created as adults or missed the opportunity in the past.
Post edited by KirbySkywalker on

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    A new emotion would be cool as well, like in SIms 2 when a Sim would get crazy after something really bad happened, like betrayal, death, lost job, etc... Then we should call the Therapist to give a session...
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    This would be cool...traits are SEVERELY needed
  • Options
    kween-kobikween-kobi Posts: 3 New Member
    It could even tie into the doctors career too, needing a certain prescription. To get even more crazy, lol you could even have to go to the vet 😂
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't foresee this ever happening because remember the game is for teenagers and having a therapist career may be triggering to the youth.

Why do your Sims need therapy? What will they be talking about? It's too much/too deep for the kiddos in my opinion.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don't foresee this ever happening because remember the game is for teenagers and having a therapist career may be triggering to the youth.

Why do your Sims need therapy? What will they be talking about? It's too much/too deep for the kiddos in my opinion.

What? There are kids and teenagers who go to therapists. I’m not sure why you make it into something negative or scary. There are even therapists who made the choice to pursue the field as teenagers....

What would they talk about? Who knows. They would say things like “Sul sul!” Or “Wipna choba”
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019

What? There are kids and teenagers who go to therapists. I’m not sure why you make it into something negative or scary. There are even therapists who made the choice to pursue the field as teenagers....

What would they talk about? Who knows. They would say things like “Sul sul!” Or “Wipna choba”

The majority of folks still view therapy as a negative or weak thing. For this reason, I do not foresee a therapy career ever being added especially in a game made for teenagers. Who knows, it may trigger someone to do something bad. These are impressionable teens we’re talking about. Can’t forget they even removed the “shove” interaction from the game because it was “too disturbing” so the powers that be clearly don’t have a high opinion of teens.
  • Options

The majority of folks still view therapy as a negative or weak thing. For this reason, I do not foresee a therapy career ever being added especially in a game made for teenagers. Who knows, it may trigger someone to do something bad. These are impressionable teens we’re talking about. Can’t forget they even removed the “shove” interaction from the game because it was “too disturbing” so the powers that be clearly don’t have a high opinion of teens.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I don’t believe adding a Dr. Phil to the game would cause anything negative or weak.

I don’t think many would see it how you do. But, remember, this game has drowning, freezing to death, burning to death, starvation, social workers that take your kids, pet death, alien abduction, jail, crime, woohoo, sickness, blood drinking, etc...

I don’t expect them to make this content anyways. I don’t think it would generate enough marketing hype for the chain of command to give it the pass.

It’s just an idea on how to add the things in the post.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    As someone who has been in therapy on and off since she was a teenager - no thank you. I don't want that part of my life in a game. I play it to get away from the fact that I'm mentally ill.