Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim leaving school/ work early, crowd build up

larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
Recently I’ve been having the issue of my sims leaving work or school early. I don’t know if this is a glitch? I watched one all day and he left school without me canceling it, and this sim in particular has been doing it a lot (my guy is failing school because of it) it’s pretty irritating and I’ve never had it do this before. Is there a possible way I could fix it?

Edit:

Alright I figured it out, my sims aren’t making it to school because of the crowd build up before school. (They just get bored of waiting and leave I guess lol) and I’ve since added an additional school, deleted the original, and then added the two schools back again at the same time (one of them being the original). But now the kids just all enrolled into the same school again lol I don’t know what to do, is there anything I can do?
tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
Post edited by larrylove12 on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is the school forcing everyone outside, or it it just your sim alone who is waltzing out early without permission?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @igazor , it’s just my sim leaving autonomously. My other sim stayed in school, and I have a sim in the same family who’s a teacher who didn’t leave either (idk how connected the teacher career is to school) it’s really strange. Also I have the mod (I don’t remember the exact name) where it’ll reset a sim if they get caught. And that wasn’t the case either unless he was reset outside of the school, because he biked back to his home lot.

(Sorry for my poor grammar it’s late lol)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hmm. Do you mean Overwatch? That one resets sims if they get trapped somewhere or route-stuck, not if they get caught leaving school early but can still move about the world as they wish. This does seem unusual if it's just the one sim so affected.

Can you direct them back to school when you catch this happening or do they ignore your commands?

If you have MasterController, perhaps a MC reset of the school and the current household -- or even better, the entire world as that would include all of the above run from the Town menu on City Hall might help.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor yes overwatch! Sorry I couldn’t remember the name. And I can redirect them, it’s usually too late by then anyways. But I’ll do the reset, thank you!
  • Options
    @igazor Alright I figured it out, my sims aren’t making it to school because of the crowd build up before school. (They just get bored of waiting and leave I guess lol) and I’ve since added an additional school, deleted the original, and then added the two schools back again at the same time (one of them being the original). But now the kids just all enrolled into the same school again lol I don’t know what to do, is there anything I can do?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Okay, overcrowding changes the question dramatically. I didn't realize your sim was never making it in the door in the first place. Without mods to assist or adding extra schools, most schools will max out at around 25-30 students (and teachers depending on their start times) trying to get into a single door all at once with timeouts on the attempts to get inside and foot-stomping shows of frustration when sims collide with each other. Some schools/worlds may end up this way sooner than that. Under EA standard, only one door can be used on school buildings for entry/exit. This is also why it becomes important to arrive at class an hour or more early when in Uni World.

Here is one way to go about fixing that:
    http://modthesims.info/d/568897/additional-entry-and-exit-routing-slots-to-reduce-door-crowding-schools-university.html

Or add additional schools (or do both, which is what I usually do now as the above mod is so brilliant). With both schools bulldozed at the same time and then added back in, that should force all sims to re-register but they will always do so at the one that is closest to their homes. Depending on where you have placed a second school relative to their housing, they may all end up re-registered at one again (either one). NRaas MasterController can be used to force a more divided registration, it's under Sim > Intermediate > Career > Choose School, but that won't last as sims age up and new generations of students arrive. StoryProgression can be used to prevent sims from constantly trying to re-register once you have placed them. StoryProgression (together with GoHere, which must also be present) can also be used by way of its Lot Options to restrict one school to children and the other to teens, or by gender, Net Worth, zodiac sign (to choose something random) or any other factor. That works out well too, but can be a bit fussy to arrange and sometimes takes a few tries before sims get the idea of which school they are supposed to be going to, so it takes some watching over. One of my worlds after a baby boom was so heavily populated that it had two elementary and three high schools in it, now down to one and two due to declining enrollment as the baby boom has aged upwards.

One can also use the NRaas Careers mod and its Schools module to add specialty (usually considered private, but they don't have to be) schools at various rabbitholes like Miltiary, Arts, Culinary, Science around town to spread things out more. There is also an option for Homeschooling. The specialty schools each focus on special skills in addition to regular child/teen development like the public schools do. Whether one wants to restrict those to students expected to perform better (or worse) academically, by traits, or wealth, etc. or open them up to all depends on how granular one wants to be about managing the entire town. For many of us this is a big part of the fun as I believe a better developed town provides more interesting friendship, co-worker, and dating pools for the future generations, but other players only wish to have their own sims progress properly and let the rest of the town pretty much do its own thing. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!