Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your "realistic" lifespan settings?

2...Next

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    28-day seasons, with my Sims aging a year every in-game year. I wouldn’t recommend these settings if you’re only playing one household, but it gives me enough time for all 4+ households I’m going to have.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I don't do realistic seasons but lifespan only:

Babies: 3 days
    Toddlers: 7 days
    Children: 14 days
    Teens: 14 days
    Young Adults: 45 days
    Adults: 45 days
    Elders: 35 days

(it still gives teens too much time compared to their IRL lifespans)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Baby: 10 days
    Toddler: 15 days
    Child: 25 days
    Teen : 40 days
    YA : 90 days
    Adult : 90 days
    Elder : 35 days
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I play a slightly modified normal lifespan and am not really aiming for realism. As long as the grandparents die before the next generation ages up to elder and the next generation grow up while the parents are either adult or have just become elders, that's good enough for me. Since I don't have Seasons installed I don't see a problem with this. I might think about changing my settings if I ever get around to installing Seasons (and a couple other EPs I own but am yet to try).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Baby: 10 days
    Toddler: 15 days
    Child: 25 days
    Teen : 40 days
    YA : 90 days
    Adult : 90 days
    Elder : 35 days

What do you have your seasons set on if you have seasons that is?
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited December 2020
    I used to have more days when we started being able to adjust the lifaspan, but then i got fed up so I have been playing with this settings for the last 2 years I would say.
    infant 2
    toddler 8
    child 16
    teen 16
    ya 40
    adult 40
    elder 38

Total is 160, since average lifespan in real life is 80 days I pretended 2 sim days 1 year.

But since I played this game so much, I feel i need to make the lifespan shorter to not get bored. So when I will be able to play again, I am gonna change it for this:

infant 2
    toddler 6
    child 12
    teen 12
    ya 30
    adult 30
    elder 28

total 120 days

• Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    1 day =1 month in my game. I got a mod that makes pregnancy last 9 days. However I think 3 days season is a bit too short, so seasons last 6 days, and a full year of all 4 seasons= 2 sims year. Babies are babies for 12 days, then they are 1. Toddler for 48, making them 5. Children are kinda boring in the sims 3 as they can hardly do anything compared to The Sims 2, so they age up to teens when they are 11, a total of 72 days. And then teens for 84 days, at wich point they are 18. Then they are YA until age 40. I was thinking adult until 67(retirement age here), and elder roughly until 84. But people are more agile now then before, so I added a few years ekstra as adults and cut down on the elder stage instead. In Total they live around 1000 days unless something else kills them before old age.