Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me get a new pc!

giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2019 in Off Topic Chat
hi everyone! im new to discussions so i dont know if im in the right category, im sorry if im not, but i needed some help. i have a slow laptop and it doesnt run the sims well, its laggy even with low graphics, so i wanted to switch to something else. i don't know anything about computers and my parents won't let me buy one online since they don't trust that, i'll have to go to a store in my town. what specs are the best for a gaming pc? i wanna be able to play the sims 4, the sims 3 and other games with good graphics. please suggest something, i don't know what to tell them!
Post edited by giovisapenguin on

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    At least 64-bit, 16GB RAM, and a good graphics card. Personally I like NVIDIA, anything 950 and above should be fine. If you could get a gaming laptop that would be even better.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    It depends what kind of games you want to play and how you want to play them. If you want to play more demanding games like open world RPGs then I'd recommend getting at least the $500 PC. Seems pretty solid but you have other options there as well, if you can afford it. Prices might be cheaper or higher depending on where you live though and you also have to buy the monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. A gaming laptop will be way more expensive and the results won't be nearly as good as a desktop.
    Post edited by bythedreadwolf on
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Are you willing to get a desktop or does it have to be a laptop? If you need a laptop my main recommendation would be to get one with an ssd, it'll vastly improve the load screen times.
    A desktop would be better value for money.
    What store would you be using (diff countries) it would be easier to know a budget as you aren't custom building and going through the stores site you're likely to visit in town.
    caitytrina.png
  • giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Are you willing to get a desktop or does it have to be a laptop? If you need a laptop my main recommendation would be to get one with an ssd, it'll vastly improve the load screen times.
    A desktop would be better value for money.
    What store would you be using (diff countries) it would be easier to know a budget as you aren't custom building and going through the stores site you're likely to visit in town.

ah, yes, i didnt say it but yeah i wanted to get a desktop! my budget is around 600 euros. for the store, it's not really known since its a small one in my town, i live in italy and that's the only one i can go to since my dad knows who owns it.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    If you want a desktop and your dad knows the owner of the shop in town is there perhaps a way that the owner can build you a pc? Depending on sales on various pc parts sites you may be able to get a decent one built. Just a thought, hopefully an option for you.
  • giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    If you want a desktop and your dad knows the owner of the shop in town is there perhaps a way that the owner can build you a pc? Depending on sales on various pc parts sites you may be able to get a decent one built. Just a thought, hopefully an option for you.

it's a good idea but in case he cant build me one, what specs should i aim for in a pre-built one? i don't really trust them because one time i went there and i told them "i need a pc in which i can play games just fine. a gaming pc" and one of the men looked at me and said "gaming???" like he didnt know what it meant. i have no faith tbh
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited April 2019
    Try checking the recommended system specifications for The Sims 4 on the store page and try to aim getting something a little bit higher than the recommended specs.

There should be plenty of websites online where you can get a custom desktop built or you can look for an already built one on websites like E-bay or Amazon and you can always check the reviews for trustworthy sellers.

If you are short for money try to look for an entry gaming computer,which will play games like The Sims 4 fine.
    Post edited by Bluefairy286 on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the off topic chat :smile: