Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recent Glitches ....

I've had my Sims this week start walking thorough each other, objects, for example I have a football table on the landing in one house, and my sim didn't go around it at bed time, he walked straight thought it.
Another one had been swimming in the pool before going to bed, and he literally swam into the house, up the stairs, and swam to the bed before changing into night clothes and getting into bed normally.
Anyone else having any of these strange things happening?
I've never had any of this happening before.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    At the moment I'm not playing the game, for some reason, I just can't seem to get interested in it. I'll start it up to play, only to turn it off. But I have been watching a few newly released videos on YouTube involving other players games. This is something I have also noticed where sims are not bothering to walk around like they are supposed but are walking through objects.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I’ve noticed sims walking through objects. That one doesn’t bother me too bad since it doesn’t break gameplay. (Other than walking through things)

And yes I have had sims swimming in land instead of water quite often. Sometimes that one forces me to do a shift-click and reset the sim.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I've also seen sims standing through each other. Looks confusing and painful but the sims themselves don't notice anything weird about the situation.

What bothers me more is a Sim starting an action and suddenly standing a few meters away in idle position ju tojust teleport back into whatever they were doing.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I've also seen sims standing through each other. Looks confusing and painful but the sims themselves don't notice anything weird about the situation.

What bothers me more is a Sim starting an action and suddenly standing a few meters away in idle position ju tojust teleport back into whatever they were doing.

That's been happening a lot to me lately. I never had that before. I'm also having an issue on community lots when I take more than one of my played sims. I'll have a sim talking to an unplayed sim, pause to queue up interactions, switch to my other sim to queue up actions. When I switch back to my first sim the sim they were talking to is gone... off the lot gone. I never see it because my camera's on the second sim but it's happened several times.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    I've had a Sim standing in the middle of a counter before. They don't seem bothered by it at all. They had almost totally merge with another Sim, too, which is very odd looking. I've seen the swimming in something other than water, too. I just do the repair game. Every now and again I refresh the Sims 4 document folder, too, just for good measure.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’ve had that swimming one for years. My Sims don’t even need to have a pool or have been swimming for it to happen, either. Sometimes while standing in the middle of the room, they’ll randomly just start doing the swim animation.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    I've seen one of my sims run through her entire house walls and all when cleaning plates at her outdoor trash bin.

I've had a sim come home from work but on the UI he was still showing like he was at work and I had to quit the game without saving.

Sim families that are friends with Vanessa Jeong are unable to call her on the phone. The action to call her just won't add to the queue.

My sims often teleport around the house when doing normal activities. They have no teleport abilities.

Fully upgraded washing machines become unusable and I have no idea how to fix it without replacing the machine.

That's just a few of the bugs I'm experiencing recently.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I've had a Sim standing in the middle of a counter before. They don't seem bothered by it at all. They had almost totally merge with another Sim, too, which is very odd looking. I've seen the swimming in something other than water, too. I just do the repair game. Every now and again I refresh the Sims 4 document folder, too, just for good measure.

Does the repair game cure it at all? I thought about doing that but didn't bother. Thought I'd see if anyone else was having the same problems, and it sounds as if most people are.
    Like some of you say, it's not a major issue, just a bit annoying to not have it running right.
    I've had a bit of that teleporting to another spot in the house too. That one is more annoying than them walking through objects or each other.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Dog went through the walls yesterday to go outside. Strange yes, but could be so much worse. The teleporting is for sure worse, but I personally only really see that in apartments and not often then. Repair game may help and it may not. It’s always worth a shot.
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I've had this happen a lot, sims will go through counters, through each other, or any other solid.. To be honest, I thought it might be a feature lol, I remember how much I hated in Sims 3 the arm waving and grumbling because of a pathing issue. On the list of bugs in game that bothers me.. This is pretty low down for me.

I have tried repair game, resetting the folders, removing mods, all of it in attempt to fix another issue I was having.. Sims still walked through the counters.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited April 2019
    I was going alright today, a Sim even walked around another Sim in the street instead of walking through him, but then, I had my family go to the cinema, which has a bar upstairs. Mrs. Sim sat watching the film while Mr. Sim, daughter and son-in law went upstairs for a drink, so I followed them up, and next minute I noticed Mrs. Sim had teleported upstairs to the bar area, but had teleported into the wall cavity!
    I was going to have to knock a hole in the wall, but chanced getting her to travel home to get her out of there, and that worked. Now I know how four other sims in another game last week, ended up in an empty space behind a flight of stairs at another venue. I had to go into build mode and knock the floor tiles out they were standing on and then moved the wall. Crazy!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I've seen one of my sims run through her entire house walls and all when cleaning plates at her outdoor trash bin.

I've had a sim come home from work but on the UI he was still showing like he was at work and I had to quit the game without saving.

Sim families that are friends with Vanessa Jeong are unable to call her on the phone. The action to call her just won't add to the queue.

My sims often teleport around the house when doing normal activities. They have no teleport abilities.

Fully upgraded washing machines become unusable and I have no idea how to fix it without replacing the machine.

That's just a few of the bugs I'm experiencing recently.

Sorry if you already know about this, but when a sim comes home from work but is still greyed out and stuff, if you click their icon and select "come home early" it fixes it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Sims walk through each others too. Some actions won't queue and I have to use "resetsim" because the sim is stuck. Also my dog walked through the shower wall. The other day I had a sims standing in the middle of their bed awake but it said they were sleeping.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

It seems it's not only you @February11 - if you have any issues to report, please, use the Bug reports forum as that's where The Sims team will find the information. For example, Sims swimming in land has a thread here.

Bug reports or technical issues belong to Answers HQ, so I'm closing this discussion. For more information, please, check this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top