Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get alien abductions to happen?

CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
I'm in a household with 2 adults & two teens so children being left alone isnt a problem.
I have enough space in my garden and I downloaded both NRAAS debug and retuner. I used the mailbox to force an abduction, my sim was outside, and i saw the alien lights appear above but nothing happened? I then set the base alien abduction chance to 100, still nothing. Are there any other options? Those are the only two mods I have and seasons is installed.

edit: i now have the abductions working.. however they only abduct the teens? ive literally had 6 abductions in 1 day - only the two teens were abducted. im guessing the reason it didnt work before is because i was doing whilst the teens weren't present? Does anyone know how to let the young adults/ adults be abducted too?
Post edited by Caelem on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Caelem I don't use mods for gameplay at the moment. If memory serves me right having a telescope and rock from a meteorite on the lot will increase the possibility of an alien abduction. Just send you sim outside to view the stars through the telescope and see what happens next :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Hello @Caelem I don't use mods for gameplay at the moment. If memory serves me right having a telescope and rock from a meteorite on the lot will increase the possibility of an alien abduction. Just send you sim outside to view the stars through the telescope and see what happens next :)

thanks for your reply, weirdly almost right after this i got the abductions to work with the mod. before using the mods, i used the telescope (my sim has 8 logic just from using it every night for weeks in-game) however the abductions happen to my sims son.. and not the sim i want.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    Try putting some space rocks into your sim's inventory.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think the telescope triggers a meteor shower and space rocks an alien abduction. Who they abduct is random.
    (this is without the mod, don’t know how that one works)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    Yes searching the galaxy on a telescope will trigger it with out any sort of help. Recently I’ve had 3 of my teen sims from the same family be abducted without any reason I’m aware of lol
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    The only time I've had ANY abductions in my game was when my Sim was in the science career. She got abducted numerous times. For a little bit there it was like a nightly ritual. lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Thanks for all the comments. My adult sim has about 9 rocks in his inventory, but he wont be abducted. Abductions only happen when the teens are home, and only the teens run to "inspect anomaly" I spawned about 6 invasions last night, only the teens were abducted. It's really frustrating because I tried for hours making my sim use the telescope at night, that didn't work so I used buy debug to add spawns for meteors so i could collect those and still nothing, then used mods to force the abduction which only abducts the teens :#
    Is getting an alien baby really this hard?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    As addition: supernaturals won’t get pregnant and only males will.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Caelem wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments. My adult sim has about 9 rocks in his inventory, but he wont be abducted. Abductions only happen when the teens are home, and only the teens run to "inspect anomaly" I spawned about 6 invasions last night, only the teens were abducted. It's really frustrating because I tried for hours making my sim use the telescope at night, that didn't work so I used buy debug to add spawns for meteors so i could collect those and still nothing, then used mods to force the abduction which only abducts the teens :#

Apparently. The only way I've gotten one is to strike up a relationship with an alien in town and have one that way. I'd love to see the alien birth/do you want to keep it? stuff I've only read happens. I NEVER had a Sim get pregnant via abduction in Sims 3 either. I had to do it the same way. Nothing anyone recommended ever worked.
    Sims 2 on the other hand, abduction was easy. I miss that.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2019
    Space rocks are a great way to trigger an alien abduction. Keep a bunch in your inventory.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Caelem wrote: »

Apparently. The only way I've gotten one is to strike up a relationship with an alien in town and have one that way. I'd love to see the alien birth/do you want to keep it? stuff I've only read happens. I NEVER had a Sim get pregnant via abduction in Sims 3 either. I had to do it the same way. Nothing anyone recommended ever worked.
    Sims 2 on the other hand, abduction was easy. I miss that.

I had a male sim get abducted over a year ago on a different save when I didn’t even know aliens were in seasons lol. He didn’t get pregnant though.
    I feel like the adults in my save (not occults) are immune to being abducted whilst my teens are abducted so easily
  • SummerRoxySummerRoxy Posts: 93 Member
    Does everyone in your family stay up late? If so, try to send your teens to bed so they'd be sleeping around the time abductions happen (around 1 to 4?) while make the adults stay up late doing something.
    SummerRoxy wrote: »
    Does everyone in your family stay up late? If so, try to send your teens to bed so they'd be sleeping around the time abductions happen (around 1 to 4?) while make the adults stay up late doing something.
    Yep, tried that too. The aliens only came when the teens were awake and present on the lot. Gave up trying to make the father get abducted so adopted another child and made the son who’s now an adult fall in love with an alien and hoping they have a baby soon, oh well