Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog Walking Issue

I've had Cats and Dogs for a while now and just started having this issue. When my sim tries to walk their dog, they just walk halfway to it then stop. Then, my sim and the dog freeze in place and it says they are walking them (my sim will even get a moodlet). If I click on their icon, it will pan over to some random place where they would be, but the sim is actually at home. If I reset them they literally just t-pose. Does anyone have a fix to this?

Comments

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I have not had this issue myself, but if you head on over to the AHQ forum and hit the 'me too' button.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I never had this issue in any of my save files, but just like ShadyLady said, the AHQ forum will probably have the answer to your problem.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I'm pretty sure the issues I've had with pets (usually the leash will get really , really, looooong and the human sim will stand in one spot while the pet just runs around the neighborhood with the leash still attached and then they come BOING! flying back. It's kind of funny to see happen. But then my dog forgets how to eat and I have to constantly have my sim call the dog to eat from his bowl or he starts fainting from hunger and then the message box pops up saying "{dog's name} is really hungry.." I use quite a few mods so likely one of those is causing this strange set of events.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Do you have mods or CC?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    @ShadyLady89 Thanks, I've gone over there and found a fix.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @nikki_maeve glad I could help!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Border_KuunBorder_Kuun Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having an issue with dog walking as well. I sent my sim to give the dog a medium walk, halfway through she completely stopped walking. After quite a bit of hassle I got her back to the house, but she wont unleash the dog. She wont perform any other activites, and there isnt an option to unleash the dog. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Border_Kuun Have you tried cancelling the leash in the queue task bar? Or you can shiftclick your sim and click refresh object or whatever the interaction is called. That one will work 100% everytime.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Border_KuunBorder_Kuun Posts: 2 New Member
    @DoloresGrey the option to remove the leash wasn't there. I entered the clothing menu and removed my dogs harness, finally fixed the leash issue.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have some issues like this too but it's not just dog walking, sims will often just reset during jogging as well.