Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If a sim lives on a business lot, (Shop, Resturant, Vets etc) what do you do with their home lot?

Hey all,

So I've recently been playing with a sim who's just bought a lot for his business. I intend to have it set up so there is a first floor flower shop with a small apartment over the top where he lives.

But this means that my sim owns another lot, technically his home, which I never use, and other sims can't live on.

I've had a couple ideas:

-Make the lot look like a park, it would then not look entirely empty but due to it being classed as residential it would never be used by other sims, so it'd be aesthetic only, unless my sim visited.

-Have another sim who's in the same household, they can live on the home lot and it can act as a house for them. The only issue here is that i'd constantly have another sim next to my sims face and I'm sure I'll misclick a bunch of times and accidentally swap control.

I was wondering how other people overcame this and what they did with the home lot?

ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€

Comments

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I set mine up as a gym/movie theater/bowling alley that I can use a a club/recreation lot. I've also set it up as a church/wedding venue that my Legacy Sims gather at every Sunday, also used as a place for birthday parties.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I did this once and I kept getting so frustrated with myself that when I wanted the sim to go "home" I would click the house button on their icon out of habit, but what I really wanted was for them to go to their business. So I kept forgetting to have them use the phone to travel to the location instead.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like your suggestion of making it more of a public lot. Ooooo I just had a thought...if you have Granite Falls, you could make it a little campground. That way it will be more private since it won't have townies showing up on the lot. Also it wouldn't cost your household that much in bills, since camping gear is fairly cheap. So yeah, I vote park, graveyard, or campground. You could even make a little park with a pavilion, picnic tables, and grill, since irl you can rent pavilions like that since the lot will have less visitors.
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I did this once and I kept getting so frustrated with myself that when I wanted the sim to go "home" I would click the house button on their icon out of habit, but what I really wanted was for them to go to their business. So I kept forgetting to have them use the phone to travel to the location instead.
    Calling to travel saves time anyways because otherwise you have to wait for them to walk off the lot...at least that's how I justify this annoyance, lol
  • DarkgothroseDarkgothrose Posts: 2 New Member
    i installed the live in business mod for my vet clinic and hired a vet but all he does is clean and doesnt treat any patients how do i get the vet to help me besides cleaning all i saw was craft medcine or dismiss is there a way with the mod or do i need to take the additional add on of add more patients off to keep from being overwhelmed i tried looking it up but cant find any answers