Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrible programming... C’MON MAXIS!

Can we have some professionalism, PLEASE?

I formed a club to go dancing at venues. One of the members is a 3 star celebrity. We can’t dance because every time the DJ starts to perform they stop after 3 seconds to act ridiculous about a celebrity....

I also see on the forum that pizzas never get delivered, maids never show up but you still get charged...

Also, when my celebrity DJs, nobody dances because another celebrity shows up so everyone walks away to act stupid about that celebrity....

I’m sick of this... I paid money for this content that doesn’t work....

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Dancing is pretty much broken. If you allow them to react, things might get back to normal later on, but if you planned to stay just a few hours and not a full day, it's not working well.

Restaurants is also troubled with this. Works some times, might depend on the staff's personality and mood?

It's normal that regular guests will react to celebrities, but DJs. Hosts and Waiters etc should be acting more professional, one should even expect them to have seen famous people before...

We might need a way to keep celebrities away - is there such a lot trait already?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    That was why I went in and used a cheat to remove the celebrity part of all the sims, and stopped my game from allowing it. I think I may have a few missed households, but if they show up, I'll make note of them and remove their celebrity status. I would love for the DJ, and other NPC workers to ignore celebrity status.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @Simmerville there is a mod for it yes, a lot trait
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This is one thing I really hate about celebrities and fame. My Sims can’t go out and do anything anymore if it requires another’s assistance, because that Sim will drop everything they’re doing to obsess.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    More so an oversight than it being broken. Bout like me getting an infected sim as a DJ and soon as it hit 1am bye bye brain.

If you use mods there are some that address the DJ not being affected or any other NPC by celebrities. Which I hope is addressed in the next patch or so.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    A fairly easy solution for it would be a lot trait that keeps celebrities away.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2019
    I get really annoyed with a similar issue that happens with vampires. Every time a vampire drinks blood at a club the DJ stops playing and everyone in the entire place stops to look. Why was that neccessary to code into the game??? Just annoying
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would think that seeing a vampire drinking blood from another sim in the middle of the dance floor should make everyone not only stop dancing and watch, but run screaming out of the club. Drinking blood should be done in private. Lure your victim away and attack.

I created a restaurant and when I play tested it, it was late at night. After midnight, the waitress and host became infected, left the restaurant, ran at top speed through the trailer park and out the other side. They then made a circle and ran back through the trailer park and back to the restaurant, still affected. The waitress went to the bathroom and grabbed a glass of water and marched(?) around the restaurant, then went back to the bathroom and got a second glass in the other hand and marched around again until the infection wore off. After that, everything was fine.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Another big complaint i have is the number of times i take my sims on dates and at the end of the date they cannot go home as it says a Vampire is breaking in , Breaking in to where , there are still 2 other members of my family at home , I have had this last for anything up to 9 sim hours after a date and by that time my sims are asleep on the floor with no energy at all left or have even missed their work shift
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, the celebrities are pretty annoying. I'd very much like a lot trait that keeps them away. I don't want everyone dropping everything they're doing all the time just to gawk at celebrity sims.
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    I'm fairly certain the Vampire and Celebrity bugs are due to Vampires being done by more competent outside help on loan to TS4 group, and TS4 people just copypasting Vampires into a new code page without actually understanding how it worked. From some tweets I saw years ago, I kind of suspect TS4 never had actual programmers assigned, just loaned out to build development tools for "content developers" to play with.

With celebrities, it's arguable the NPC's are performing as they would in real life, also plausible with vampires actually. The bugs mentioned though, are absolutely not the result of bad programming, they're the result of terrible management with zero operational oversight, and an obvious complete lack of a detailed integrated plan for packs. The code for the reaction bugs is performing correctly, it's the data being fed to the code that's the problem, specifically, massively oversimplified context logic that was obviously made to do a specific task, but without any thought to what else was going on in the game.

Stuff like that is absolutely everywhere with this game, the most blatant example is the food calorie system from the base game being ignored in most of the pack content. It's like three numbers a grunt had to fill in, but nobody in charge understood how the system worked, or cared enough about quality to bother.

There's a lot of creativity going on with TS4, but it's all done in crayon on the walls. The failure is in management, it can only be solved by the person at the top actually holding her people accountable for what they produce, demanding they do the same, and spot checking bottom level workers to verify the system is actually working correctly. Nobody likes a hard, demanding, nosy, strict gem of a boss won't let anything slide; but that's the only thing that brings a competent professional result to something like this. What we have is 21st century nobility playing office politics, and spending all day tweeting how awesome they are, EA is a publicly traded company after all.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It would be nice if they added reward traits to make your sim immune to vampires, strangerville infection, celebrities, etc and have the game automatically equip that trait on all professional/service NPCs. That way other gameplay won’t be ruined by them.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Kellven wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain the Vampire and Celebrity bugs are due to Vampires being done by more competent outside help on loan to TS4 group, and TS4 people just copypasting Vampires into a new code page without actually understanding how it worked. From some tweets I saw years ago, I kind of suspect TS4 never had actual programmers assigned, just loaned out to build development tools for "content developers" to play with.

With celebrities, it's arguable the NPC's are performing as they would in real life, also plausible with vampires actually. The bugs mentioned though, are absolutely not the result of bad programming, they're the result of terrible management with zero operational oversight, and an obvious complete lack of a detailed integrated plan for packs. The code for the reaction bugs is performing correctly, it's the data being fed to the code that's the problem, specifically, massively oversimplified context logic that was obviously made to do a specific task, but without any thought to what else was going on in the game.

Stuff like that is absolutely everywhere with this game, the most blatant example is the food calorie system from the base game being ignored in most of the pack content. It's like three numbers a grunt had to fill in, but nobody in charge understood how the system worked, or cared enough about quality to bother.

There's a lot of creativity going on with TS4, but it's all done in crayon on the walls. The failure is in management, it can only be solved by the person at the top actually holding her people accountable for what they produce, demanding they do the same, and spot checking bottom level workers to verify the system is actually working correctly. Nobody likes a hard, demanding, nosy, strict gem of a boss won't let anything slide; but that's the only thing that brings a competent professional result to something like this. What we have is 21st century nobility playing office politics, and spending all day tweeting how awesome they are, EA is a publicly traded company after all.

Where the heck did you get that information?The Designers and programmers who worked at Vampires was at The Sims 4 Team. The only content in which an external team is being developed is the hairs and the OST.

Back to the topic, I do feel sorry for those who experience this bug. I haven't experienced it that much, only when there is a specific quirk that a celeb had. There is a quirk in which it can be developed by posing for pictures. If a sim had that, then that bug might have happen. So far there is only one NPC with that quirk.
    Currently in my household I play a group of Teen Dancers in my 3rd Generation(GT club). Mostly there are Celebs who come and damce at the Night clubs, however the only sims that pretty much dont dance are the paparazi. The DJ, and the Bartender is still doing their job. Some fans when a celeb arrove will ask for autograph,etc., but after that, those fans will join the dance floor.

Everything is pretty much always normal in my game, unless Throne Bailey(Spelling might be wrong) is at the nightclub, since he had that quirk I am talking about.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

OP saids the 3-star celebrity is one of the club members
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They really need to fix this or tune it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would think that seeing a vampire drinking blood from another sim in the middle of the dance floor should make everyone not only stop dancing and watch, but run screaming out of the club. Drinking blood should be done in private. Lure your victim away and attack.

I created a restaurant and when I play tested it, it was late at night. After midnight, the waitress and host became infected, left the restaurant, ran at top speed through the trailer park and out the other side. They then made a circle and ran back through the trailer park and back to the restaurant, still affected. The waitress went to the bathroom and grabbed a glass of water and marched(?) around the restaurant, then went back to the bathroom and got a second glass in the other hand and marched around again until the infection wore off. After that, everything was fine.

When you say infected, what do you mean by that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Strangerville infected. Running at top speed with their heads bent backwards.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    The only mod I could find that might help (I haven't installed it yet but I plan to) is littlemssam's Celeb's Undercover: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

It adds a lot trait where fans and paparazzi aren't allowed on the lot. I think that regular sims would still react, but at least it would reduce fans who swoon over your celebrity constantly.

@Simpkin Could you please link the mod that you know of? I would appreciate it :)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2019
    Lesscelebreact is the mod for you. I know people shouldn't have to rely on mods, but it'll fix the issues you're havng. Just scroll down and download lesscelebreact

@MLadyAzzera I don't know if simpkin is talking about the lot trait mod or not, but this one will help with your issues too it seems.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @MLadyAzzera
    https://triplis.github.io/mods/lot-traits.html
    it's a lot trait mod. Celebs go undercover. You have to set the lot traits yourself to the ones you don't want celebs at, as celebs.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Lesscelebreact is the mod for you. I know people shouldn't have to rely on mods, but it'll fix the issues you're havng. Just scroll down and download lesscelebreact

@MLadyAzzera I don't know if simpkin is talking about the lot trait mod or not, but this one will help with your issues too it seems.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Thank you for this! I will definitely try this mod
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited April 2019

I think it would be better for celebrities not to show up unless you have a lot trait for them to show up ( like cat and dog hang out.... they could have celebrity hangout). That way you wouldn’t have to waste a lot trait.

I don’t use mods, so I do hope they address this issue.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    @MLadyAzzera
    https://triplis.github.io/mods/lot-traits.html
    it's a lot trait mod. Celebs go undercover. You have to set the lot traits yourself to the ones you don't want celebs at, as celebs.

Omgoodness thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for. Yay!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member

Are you suggesting it can reach other neighborhoods? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Are you suggesting it can reach other neighborhoods? :open_mouth:

Infected sims can travel like any other sim you aren't playing. But, to clarify, my restaurant was located in Strangerville where some sims are already infected at the start of your game. I guess I just got lucky(?) and hired two infected sims. :D