Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaining about Sims 4.

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    how about this: if you're so incensed about what the sims 4 is lacking, don't play it?? no one's forcing you to. why complain about a game when you're the one who controls whether or not you play it?

don't @ me, this is just my opinion

Also, I hate people like you.
    People like you ruin the experience of playing with the game, and interacting with the community
    "If you don't like the game, don't play it", Well, if you don't like my opinion, why do you react to it? Huh???
    Seriously, people like you make this community a cesspool of toxicity and lack of intelligence.
    Of course I'm not applying that everybody in this community is bad, but in fact, everybody like you are, as I said, bad.
    You're being incredibly hipocritical, which is dumb, because you try to be a "hero" of this discussion, but all you are being is a villain.
    I genuinely hope people like you will never play Sims 4, or post anything on the forums, because you just ruin everything.
    You can't just go to a post that is critique and say stuff like that.
    Think before you post, because I spent too much time on a troll like you.
    I know your kind and I hope it dies out, and I hope that atleast the new players won't be like you.

Your's truly, Bilmo.

Just remember, these are opinions, not facts even if someone disagree with your opinion and state their own opinion. No one is right or wrong in this situation. Let's not get too heated!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 those legs from sims 3 look greasy and worse imo :D also not all of the legs in sims 3 are muscular either.

Furthermore the texture of the objects is more so what I hate in the sims 3. Furniture and flooring mainly. And buy mode stuff. It all looks bad texture wise.
    Sure they do ;) Here's a comparison of unmuscular legs (see, this is not the first time people make funny claims like this, I have it all on Imgur ;)).

sFMwSDT.png

The thing is, when throwing in pictures like this I'm not even fighting my own 'zealous' fight. I loved Sims 3 when playing it on medium settings (pretty poor) and I love it on highest settings, but the looks are not why I play this game. It's also a 2009 game, it's in fact rather telling people are actually using this for an argument. When I play Sims 4 I regret the cartoony style, but if it would be an amazing game I couldn't care less. Sims 3 art style and textues is more my cup of tea, but I'm perfectly fine with Sims 4's different style as well. But fact is, that Sims 3's style is more realistic, its textures more 'noisy' (as a developer once put it), I've even seen people declaring it's too uncanny valley for them.

I see someone on page 2 stating they 'loved the cartoon style graphics in the Sims 2 and love them even more in the Sims 4'. Truth is, Sims 2 in some respects blows Sims 3 out of the water where it comes to realistic and detailed graphics (meals, rocks, grass come to mind). Sims 2 and 3 have the same art style (I often confuse Sims 2 pictures for Sims 3 pictures), Sims 4 went in another direction: everything looking like rubber and plastic. That's a choice and some will prefer that, but why people deny it confuses me.

Whenever the subject is 'Sims 4 has flaws' and people turn up to say how they hate puddingfaces and poor graphics, this in a strange way confirms for me Sims 4 must be even worse than I thought. You must realize you won't convince Sims 2 advocates who criticize Sims 4. They dislike Sims 3 for much more thorough reasons than its looks, reasons I can actuall understand, even when they don't apply to me (complex personalities, a memory system, detail, rotational play). You must realize you also won't convince people who favour Sims 3, because they clearly are perfectly ok with Sims 3 graphics and art style. So that leaves convincing yourself. Why would you want to convince yourself? You already are.

Bottom line: Sims 4's graphics are the best. Well, chapeau, for a game that was released in 2014, well done! It does that better than the 2004 and the 2009 game, impressive. Its art style is cartoony and 'rubber/plastic'. Some love that, others don't. Subjective. And then there's gameplay. I believe that last one is the actual subject of this topic.

:D Now compare the faces lmbo. Anyway, i prefer the legs in the sims 4 pic.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    @BilmoBlampkins delete your first sentence. No tolerance to say that.

On topic, It's okay to give an opinion as to why you don't like a game..... constructively. :)
    Aside from the unnecessary potential flamebait in their post, they do have a point that the whole ‘don't like, don't play’ counterargument is generally used by people who can't take criticism of things they worship, regardless if it's constructive or not.

I agree so much with this as well.

Not trying to start drama or anything but criticism =/= hate. Telling people who critique a game they like simply "not to play it" isn't at all helpful. Blindly liking a game is incredibly problematic (but won't get into that). Creators need feedback, it's vital. It lets them know what they could be doing to fix the game and how to better the experience of all players.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    how about this: if you're so incensed about what the sims 4 is lacking, don't play it?? no one's forcing you to. why complain about a game when you're the one who controls whether or not you play it?

don't @ me, this is just my opinion

Even if it's not in the feedback section, it's called feedback, and expressing what is lacking for a person in the game. Just like someone is allowed to post about how much they love and enjoy the game, so is someone allowed to do the same when they don't. It's called an opinion. And they are allowed to share, just like you are as well.

And also not reading a thread that you don't agree with is just as acceptable.

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I really really really REALLY just want werewolves tbh
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    GGgkkg wrote: »
    I really really really REALLY just want werewolves tbh

Meh? Sims 4 is lacking in more realistic stuff.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I do find sims 4 to be easy. It lacks the semi disastrous events such as burglary and repo man, although I am sure there are other factors involved also. I find The Sims 3 to be just right in terms of difficulty as in my opinion it is quite balanced. However The Sims 2 is brutal and I wouldn’t want another game of that difficulty.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    You can impose difficulty yourselves. You can do with the game as you please. No need to have the developers impose a default difficulty if many don't need or want it. You simply can't expect a game to be tailored to your own personal needs/wants when you've got players ranging from what, 10 to 90 years. How many of you are in fact considering this?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The Sims has always had a diverse age range playing it. Even back in the sims 1 days. So I don't think that's a good enough reason to make the game so simplistic.

However it is is a game that has shown that its older players I.e the sims 1-3 are largely irrelevant.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    You can impose difficulty yourselves. You can do with the game as you please. No need to have the developers impose a default difficulty if many don't need or want it. You simply can't expect a game to be tailored to your own personal needs/wants when you've got players ranging from what, 10 to 90 years. How many of you are in fact considering this?
    Most of us are simply asking for the difficulty to be generally similar to TS2 or TS3. If you consider those games difficult, I have some bad news for you...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i do not see the point of such a complaint as a player i fine the sims4 perfect as it is and see nothing wrong with the game not everyone plays the sims4 the same eacxh have there playstayle when it comes to the game. And i am also quite happy with no buglars in the game since i clearly do not went such a feature in the game unless they include toggles to turn them off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Most of us are simply asking for the difficulty to be generally similar to TS2 or TS3. If you consider those games difficult, I have some bad news for you...

Difficult is not a bad thing. Actually Sims 2 is kind of difficult. Because the sims aspiration meter was very influential over the mood and their state of being. Which I liked. I wish it was similar in Sims 4.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member

Difficult is not a bad thing. Actually Sims 2 is kind of difficult. Because the sims aspiration meter was very influential over the mood and their state of being. Which I liked. I wish it was similar in Sims 4.
    Perhaps I should've said 'as challenging as TS2/TS3.' While the aspiration metre does provide a bit of challenge, but it was never the hair-pulling kind of difficult in my experience. Speaking of aspirations, you gain it with the use of wants and lose it with fears. The whims seem to play a similar role of wants in TS4, but it's so watered down it feels trivial by comparison.

Perhaps I should've said 'as challenging as TS2/TS3.' While the aspiration metre does provide a bit of challenge, but it was never the hair-pulling kind of difficult in my experience. Speaking of aspirations, you gain it with the use of wants and lose it with fears. The whims seem to play a similar role of wants in TS4, but it's so watered down it feels trivial by comparison.

The whims are far less impactful than Aspirations were. They really, really, should have brought back the Sims 2 wants, fears and aspiration system! choices mattered in the sims 2.
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Yeah, but it's like Anthony said, not destructive and random at all. If you plan on doing something, everything will go the way you wanted, there is literally nothing there, other than the horrible random townies, I want weird and random stuff to happen randomly, I don't want me to plan out the weird stuff.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Some games are too difficult, because of constant action, and that's worst.
    In the Sims 4 game if I want a lot of trouble I just add a toddler.
    If I want drama I just get a Sim to cheat.
    You really do not get bored easily in the game unless you're just not using what's there.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Some games are too difficult, because of constant action, and that's worst.
    In the Sims 4 game if I want a lot of trouble I just add a toddler.
    If I want drama I just get a Sim to cheat.
    You really do not get bored easily in the game unless you're just not using what's there.

That’s the thing though. YOU add a toddler, YOU make them cheat, YOU are doing all of the input, the work. The game doesn’t help much there. It has nothing to do with using what’s there, there’s a lot there. It has to do with the game giving you enough to work with, and with Sims 4 YOU have to go out of your way to do almost everything to make something happen. You said it yourself, if you want drama you make it happen otherwise it doesn’t happen. That’s not what made live mode so spectacular in the other games, and it’s why this game is so divided.

Exactly. If I have to create drama and spontaneous moments all the time it would get boring. I love seeing how other sims interact with each other without my input. It makes them feel a live.
    giphy.gif

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I really don't think about The Sims franchise as a whole as hard or easy. I just play them. I add mods/custom content for a flavor that isn't available. The game may feel watered down to some people because it is made for the masses. Personally, I hated Sims 3 story progression. I know, unpopular opinion. I want my Sims to do what I say when I tell them to do it. I don't want them out cheating, breaking up, getting married and having babies without me. But the option is available through a mod. BUT I know, you shouldn't have to have a mod to make your sims do things. So, what about my unpopular opinion? Story progression would break my game play. So they decide put in option to turn it off. Remember how that didn't work in The Sims 3 with your sims (minor example here) adopting pets every time you were away. I want full control. So how does EA accommodate each style of play? Person A wants it harder, person B wants it easier, person C is really happy with the game. They create for the masses and there is nothing we can do about except it share our opinions and give feedback in what we do and do not like about the game. They do their best to appeal to everyone but then realize what they developed is unpopular with a group of people who really rip them apart. Then the group of peacemakers comes in and just want us all to get along. There is no end to this argument. It is a viscous cycle and it comes with the territory.

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    It was made to attract kids. It shows.

From the start is has been very app-like. You know these annoying ads you get in social media that tell you 'Design your own home!' or 'rebuild your kitchen'. I used to laugh at them and think: 'Pff, poor people who do not know there is a GREAT and way more expanded game like that called The sims while they try to sell this as build however you want by giving you 3 color options.'
    Now.. The sims has started to look like these apps with the same marketing tactics and it's sickening to me.
    Whoever decided this in the Sims marketing and designing team should get fired and move on to a job for those type of apps/games.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ugh, I resent general statements. I wish people didn't use them, because they aren't fancy and they rarely speak for me. Whether or not difficulty is or is not a bad thing, depends entirely on who you ask. That also includes whether or not a given difficulty level is...difficult. What someone finds easy, another finds challenging. No one is sitting with the ultimate answer out there.

As I have previously stated, I have no issue with the game's current difficulty or claimed lack thereof. And it will never be fair if only one group of players is accommodated, so I propose status quo or only minor adjustments.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    Sims 3 was built better than sims 4. EA seemed to go backward with Sims 4 and instead of making a new Sims game with more advancements, they removed major components previous games had. The quality of the Graphics and textures and all that are the only things that Sims 4 has as an improvement. In Sims 4 we had the option of Open world and changing the color of the hair with a color wheel, strollers to take toddlers on walks with, horses, teaching a teenage sim how to drive, functional trick or treating, and prom. It makes little sense that they didn't end up adding a full-fledged functional sorority/greek system in University when they were already working with it in Sims 2. Take away teaching kids to drive? Trick or treating? Proms? So few options in going with your sim to jobs or just school in general? No more private school? No cheerleading teams or gymnastics or swim teams? Remove what is obviously a huge improvement in the evolution of the Sims series in new games vs bettering the game entirely? I don't get it. We need to use mods and still not get the full experience just to have what Sims 3 already had. Sims is local, Sims 3 was global.
  • judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 those legs from sims 3 look greasy and worse imo :D also not all of the legs in sims 3 are muscular either.

Furthermore the texture of the objects is more so what I hate in the sims 3. Furniture and flooring mainly. And buy mode stuff. It all looks bad texture wise.
    Sure they do ;) Here's a comparison of unmuscular legs (see, this is not the first time people make funny claims like this, I have it all on Imgur ;)).

sFMwSDT.png

The thing is, when throwing in pictures like this I'm not even fighting my own 'zealous' fight. I loved Sims 3 when playing it on medium settings (pretty poor) and I love it on highest settings, but the looks are not why I play this game. It's also a 2009 game, it's in fact rather telling people are actually using this for an argument. When I play Sims 4 I regret the cartoony style, but if it would be an amazing game I couldn't care less. Sims 3 art style and textues is more my cup of tea, but I'm perfectly fine with Sims 4's different style as well. But fact is, that Sims 3's style is more realistic, its textures more 'noisy' (as a developer once put it), I've even seen people declaring it's too uncanny valley for them.

I see someone on page 2 stating they 'loved the cartoon style graphics in the Sims 2 and love them even more in the Sims 4'. Truth is, Sims 2 in some respects blows Sims 3 out of the water where it comes to realistic and detailed graphics (meals, rocks, grass come to mind). Sims 2 and 3 have the same art style (I often confuse Sims 2 pictures for Sims 3 pictures), Sims 4 went in another direction: everything looking like rubber and plastic. That's a choice and some will prefer that, but why people deny it confuses me.

Whenever the subject is 'Sims 4 has flaws' and people turn up to say how they hate puddingfaces and poor graphics, this in a strange way confirms for me Sims 4 must be even worse than I thought. You must realize you won't convince Sims 2 advocates who criticize Sims 4. They dislike Sims 3 for much more thorough reasons than its looks, reasons I can actuall understand, even when they don't apply to me (complex personalities, a memory system, detail, rotational play). You must realize you also won't convince people who favour Sims 3, because they clearly are perfectly ok with Sims 3 graphics and art style. So that leaves convincing yourself. Why would you want to convince yourself? You already are.

Bottom line: Sims 4's graphics are the best. Well, chapeau, for a game that was released in 2014, well done! It does that better than the 2004 and the 2009 game, impressive. Its art style is cartoony and 'rubber/plastic'. Some love that, others don't. Subjective. And then there's gameplay. I believe that last one is the actual subject of this topic.

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand what side you are backing up on that debate. I just wanted to point out that whoever was saying the legs in the Sims 3 photo is better than the legs in the Sims 4 photo and that Sims 4 legs can't top that other photo when it comes to muscle, is dead wrong, like as a fact and everything, even if someone believes that Sims 3 leg photo = the bee's knees over Sims 4, still they are wrong. It's not opinion it's conspiracy lol
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I started to get bored because it was so easy to get to the top of the career, easy to make money, easy to form relationships, etc.
    So I changed my gaming style to a much larger rotation of sims. I think I have about 35 households in one load (and growing)
    and all of them have been through various challenges or hardships. They don't level up as fast when I rotate through households.
    Even then the relationships were still too easy and while I never thought I would mod my game I finally did and it's added a fun extra dimension of emotions and life details. I don't play it for how tough it is but now more for the plot that's developed between the various households.

Really I just had to work on making it more challenging... well...I think I mean more interesting tbh
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Well this controversy is certainly a blast from the past.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'd ask if they used mods or had used mods. Try a new Save without any?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2021
    Please consider the following:
    EA_Leeloo wrote:
    Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top