Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaining about Sims 4.

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 those legs from sims 3 look greasy and worse imo :D also not all of the legs in sims 3 are muscular either.

Furthermore the texture of the objects is more so what I hate in the sims 3. Furniture and flooring mainly. And buy mode stuff. It all looks bad texture wise.
    Sure they do ;) Here's a comparison of unmuscular legs (see, this is not the first time people make funny claims like this, I have it all on Imgur ;)).

sFMwSDT.png

The thing is, when throwing in pictures like this I'm not even fighting my own 'zealous' fight. I loved Sims 3 when playing it on medium settings (pretty poor) and I love it on highest settings, but the looks are not why I play this game. It's also a 2009 game, it's in fact rather telling people are actually using this for an argument. When I play Sims 4 I regret the cartoony style, but if it would be an amazing game I couldn't care less. Sims 3 art style and textues is more my cup of tea, but I'm perfectly fine with Sims 4's different style as well. But fact is, that Sims 3's style is more realistic, its textures more 'noisy' (as a developer once put it), I've even seen people declaring it's too uncanny valley for them.

I see someone on page 2 stating they 'loved the cartoon style graphics in the Sims 2 and love them even more in the Sims 4'. Truth is, Sims 2 in some respects blows Sims 3 out of the water where it comes to realistic and detailed graphics (meals, rocks, grass come to mind). Sims 2 and 3 have the same art style (I often confuse Sims 2 pictures for Sims 3 pictures), Sims 4 went in another direction: everything looking like rubber and plastic. That's a choice and some will prefer that, but why people deny it confuses me.

Whenever the subject is 'Sims 4 has flaws' and people turn up to say how they hate puddingfaces and poor graphics, this in a strange way confirms for me Sims 4 must be even worse than I thought. You must realize you won't convince Sims 2 advocates who criticize Sims 4. They dislike Sims 3 for much more thorough reasons than its looks, reasons I can actuall understand, even when they don't apply to me (complex personalities, a memory system, detail, rotational play). You must realize you also won't convince people who favour Sims 3, because they clearly are perfectly ok with Sims 3 graphics and art style. So that leaves convincing yourself. Why would you want to convince yourself? You already are.

Bottom line: Sims 4's graphics are the best. Well, chapeau, for a game that was released in 2014, well done! It does that better than the 2004 and the 2009 game, impressive. Its art style is cartoony and 'rubber/plastic'. Some love that, others don't. Subjective. And then there's gameplay. I believe that last one is the actual subject of this topic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • prisinkaprisinka Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="JoAnne65;c-17087071"]
    Whenever the subject is 'Sims 4 has flaws' and people turn up to say how they hate puddingfaces and poor graphics, this in a strange way confirms for me Sims 4 must be even worse than I thought. You must realize you won't convince Sims 2 advocates who criticize Sims 4. They dislike Sims 3 for much more thorough reasons than its looks, reasons I can actuall understand, even when they don't apply to me (complex personalities, a memory system, detail, rotational play). You must realize you also won't convince people who favour Sims 3, because they clearly are perfectly ok with Sims 3 graphics and art style. So that leaves convincing yourself. Why would you want to convince yourself? You already are.
    [/quote]

Did it occur to you perhaps nobody is trying to convince anyone of anything? If someone tells me they dont like TS3 pudding face or they dont like TS4 cartoon style i wouldnt see it as someone trying to convince me the same.

I agree with @LiELF , you guys just take these things way too personally.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I could just as easily say that Sims 3 must be so much worse than I thought, because of your own efforts to make sims 4 seem to be worse than sims 3 :)

As for the reasons why some dislike sims 3, that depends on the player. To me the sims in 3 aren't nearly as charming or believable as in TS4. But no reason I give you will ever stop you from claiming that Sims 4 is much worse than Sims 3. Because you clearly have already made up your mind that that is the right answer. And that is okay. Because it won't ever make Sims 4 any less fun for me.

I play sims 4 every day. I don't need to be convinced on it and neither do you @JoAnne65 .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CyborgGirlCyborgGirl Posts: 5 New Member
    I think the whole issue with TS4 is that they wanted to reach a younger demographic. I remember when they were ahead of the times in the gaming market by simply embracing things like sexuality and just plain oddities. The lack of these things makes the game feel like a lifeless void, where my only task in game is to mindlessly click on skills until I level my sim's career until I'm wealthy. That's probably why a lot of simmers have done like I have, simply building or working in CAS instead of actually playing the game. Like, we have to find games to play within in the game like challenges and stuff. I hope with TS5 they'll go back to those edgier roots, but I don't think they will. :/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly, I have some files where everything is easy, and some where it's all really hard. Depends on how I'm playing.

As for the debate comparing it to other genres, I prefer Sims 4 for graphic style and game play. I don't really want to get into a back and forth debate and sadly EA doesn't pay me to be their Sims 4 spokesperson and sell it to others so I don't think I'll bother going into the specifics right now. It's simply a matter of personal taste and it doesn't bother me if others prefer Sims 123 as long as they don't force me to play haha!

And now as much as I'd love to play Sims all night, I unfortunately have to get to bed so I'm not too tired in the morning for work. (You know, that place I have to go to so I can afford to buy the next expansion ;) )
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Depends on how hard you make it for yourself but yes, I agree, the sims4 is very easy. Especially when you figure out what works best for which situation. People who have trouble taking care of their sims needs are mostly never looking at their needs bar when they turn yellow. And it is not hard to build a house so you don't have to worry about taking care of your sims needs. If you are low on cash some things pay really well like painting.

That said, you can still make things more difficult if you wish, for example by having larger families, try playing the pre-made Delgato family for example, they have a large house, one kid, one toddler, one dog and one cat and only one of the parents are providing for the family with a low ranked job, and even in the description the husband wants to take a break from work... The problem is though that I would not play a family this way, I mostly get annoyed at the A.I when the sims are walking all over the place in the big house and not taking care of their needs.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks let's keep it civil in here please, there's some decent discussion in here so I'd rather it not be overshadowed by bickering and end up needing to be closed.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 4 is one of the easiest games I have ever played. It’s much simpler than the other sims games not only in the way they’ve built the interface but also in the way the game plays. Some people can enjoy that, I do not. Live mode is the weakest area of Sims 4 in my opinion and that’s supposed to be the primary game mode.

This is supposed to be a video game, and I have never had to go out of my way to find a way to enjoy playing any other video game. It’s absolutely a problem with the game and the direction they have went with it. Again, some people don’t mind it and some do. Given my experience with the other games this one just doesn’t compare. From my perspective it’s not a very good game. Sims 4 feels like an interactive story book and not a game.
  • peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    I don't really have much to add really, I was with Sims 2 for years and I had absolutely zero interest in 3 and when 4 came out, I wasn't too moved but I did like the initial game trailers creativity. I had an opportunity to purchase 4 along with a few packs and I don't know what it was, but I loved it. The scenery is beautiful and I enjoy playing my Sim families, I'm happy with 4 but I'll admit that it has its limitations and in many ways, 2 is superior but there's something about it that keeps me coming back.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Some games are too difficult, because of constant action, and that's worst.
    In the Sims 4 game if I want a lot of trouble I just add a toddler.
    If I want drama I just get a Sim to cheat.
    You really do not get bored easily in the game unless you're just not using what's there.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I see what the OP is saying though, I wouldn't mind if there's a setting that slows down progression a bit, and tunes various income. So when you start the game you can select what the speed of the progression would be like.

As has been said though there's no right or wrong way to play, but having more options like this wouldn't hurt anyone or change it for anyone who likes it the way it is now.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Some games are too difficult, because of constant action, and that's worst.
    In the Sims 4 game if I want a lot of trouble I just add a toddler.
    If I want drama I just get a Sim to cheat.
    You really do not get bored easily in the game unless you're just not using what's there.

That’s the thing though. YOU add a toddler, YOU make them cheat, YOU are doing all of the input, the work. The game doesn’t help much there. It has nothing to do with using what’s there, there’s a lot there. It has to do with the game giving you enough to work with, and with Sims 4 YOU have to go out of your way to do almost everything to make something happen. You said it yourself, if you want drama you make it happen otherwise it doesn’t happen. That’s not what made live mode so spectacular in the other games, and it’s why this game is so divided.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I think others have mentioned it, but one of the things that bothers me is that sims don't get too bothered by witnessing an affair. You could literally be woohooing in the bed with someone other than your husband WHILE YOUR HUSBAND WATCHES and the only thing that happens is a sad moodlet for a while. As far as I know there isn't any additional animations to show how stressed or angry they are for witnessing such an event - we (as the player) are just flat out told they are sad because of it, and that's it. I feel like a lot of Sims 4 is "Tell, don't show."
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I just wish that every time I hire a service, like maid or gardener or something that each time I leave the house for a venue when I come back home I am charged again, after already paying for it more than once in a day, even tho there was nothing else to be done. I wish this did not happen, I try not to give my sims money but sometimes I have to because they overpay for things and run out!
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I'll always miss how the game created drama without you needing to set everything up a lot. On the Sims 3 there is always somebody burning the house down at least once during meals. On both the Sims 2 and 3 you had firefighters and burglars ready to shake things up a little. I know I've got the last 2 games to fall back on when I fancy a better challenge, but the fact it hadn't been a part of THIS game does annoy me a little. Should've been a part of the Sims 4 in the first place. Come on, firefighters and burglars aren't too scary for the kids who play this game!

Another thing, social services on this game is bleak. I miss the panic the game would throw me in when somebody from social services showed up to take your child away, an actual NPC showing up, not just magical disappearances into another realm! Ah well. Such is life.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't consider it easy, but my Sims usually spend money pretty much when they get it. They buy stuff, upgrade, or go to stores and restaurants. I like it. I wish you could directly type the amount you want instead of motherlode ECT.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I don't consider it easy, but my Sims usually spend money pretty much when they get it. They buy stuff, upgrade, or go to stores and restaurants. I like it. I wish you could directly type the amount you want instead of motherlode ECT.
    You can. You would type in:
    testingcheats on
    Then...
    money 1000000
    For a million, for instance.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited June 2019
    davina1221 wrote: »

you can just type money space than the amount you want your sims to have. Just that easy. ex. money 9000000 then click enter of course hehe.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If you find it to easy making money buy a thermostat. That thing eats money. :D
  • NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    Honestly, I don't find it easy, but everyone's definition of easy can be different. I find it challenging so long as you can come up with creative ways to make situations unique. Playing "vanilla" is what I try to avoid, AKA working with one generation at a time and keeping their lives predictable and mundane. There's nothing wrong with that, but I get a lot more joy out of throwing my sims in crazy situations (like attempting to seduce the grim reaper, alien abduction, enslaving the general population...LOL) that take time and strategy to get the exact results you want. It's all about your approach :)
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish there was more drama
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Same. My Sims game looks nothing like what it did when I first got it though. I've gone the modding route!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @BilmoBlampkins delete your first sentence. No tolerance to say that.

On topic, It's okay to give an opinion as to why you don't like a game..... constructively. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I started playing fanatically again only after getting seasons. The base game plus 1 or 2 expansions still feels kinda empty it's true.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited June 2019
    @BilmoBlampkins delete your first sentence. No tolerance to say that.

On topic, It's okay to give an opinion as to why you don't like a game..... constructively. :)
    Aside from the unnecessary potential flamebait in their post, they do have a point that the whole ‘don't like, don't play’ counterargument is generally used by people who can't take criticism of things they worship, regardless if it's constructive or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top