Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I move many things at once from my inventory?

I know you can move stacks of the same item, but my sim has about 100 books in his inventory, which do not stack like food. I want to put them all in the bookcase. I took them all out at once because he wanted to donate some to charity and I didn't know which ones were his (I have 5 sims). But I can't put them all back in at once! It takes a few seconds to move each one with a slow CPU and a large inventory. This will take me literally an hour. There must be another way - even a mod?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I don’t think there is a way. Sometimes I tell the sim to put each book away. It breaks the monotony of dragging each one to the bookshelf
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't know of any mod that will do this. Maybe something in MasterController? If you have this mod installed, I know there are some settings there for inventory. Click on your sim>NRAAS>MasterController.

My current sim is a writer and she puts her own work in a separate bookcase. My sim reads a lot so she has several bookcases for specific categories: General (from the bookcases she purchased and from her homeworld's bookstore), China, Egypt, France, Book Club, Her Own Work, Skill, Fish Bait, Cookbooks (I use an NRaas mod that won't let the cookbooks disappear after reading it). She doesn't play any instruments, but if she did, the music books would get their own bookcase too.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, you can do it quite quickly with NRaas Master Controller, but it's a two step process. First, you have to move the books from the personal inventory to the household inventory. Click on the sim with the books, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Household > Object Add to Inventory > Choose Sim and Inventory.

Select the books and click the check mark, then select the books again, either individually or all, then click the check mark. Now the books are in the household inventory.

Click on the bookcase and select Put Away Books From Family Inventory. Now the books are all back in the bookcase.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Yes, you can do it quite quickly with NRaas Master Controller, but it's a two step process. First, you have to move the books from the personal inventory to the household inventory. Click on the sim with the books, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Household > Object Add to Inventory > Choose Sim and Inventory.

Select the books and click the check mark, then select the books again, either individually or all, then click the check mark. Now the books are in the household inventory.

Click on the bookcase and select Put Away Books From Family Inventory. Now the books are all back in the bookcase.

Thanks for the instructions! I was wondering about how to do this too!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2019
    One more thing - you might need the Master Controller cheats module. I've had all of the modules from the beginning, so I don't really know what requires modules and what doesn't.
  • Options
    sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    Treeag on MTS have this mod wich i use and love: http://www.modthesims.info/d/386361/put-away-all-books-compatible-with-1-67.html
    Plenty of other helpful mods over there ;)
  • Options
    ZikitheturtlZikitheturtl Posts: 35 Member
    I have no idea
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have no idea
    Hi there. I don't mean to sound unfriendly, but it's not actually necessary to post that you do not know the answers to various players' questions all over the forum boards. Especially, as in this case, the question has already been answered several different ways. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net