Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Username: SamelaRita

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SamelaRita

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them, patched up to 1.67

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: Just about all of it

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: greens, blues, browns, yellows

I really don’t like this color: Pink. And red.

I love to use items from this set: All the farm ones and the mediaeval ones.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I use them all except for Midnight Hollow (too dark), but not the space ones very often.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): none of them: computer wouldn't play the ones I liked. Probably memory overload!

I enjoy this style of build the most: I tend to build farmhouse/historical/mediaeval. I'm not a great fan of very modern.

I really don’t want this in my game: I don't tend to do occult stuff particularly; I prefer stories and buildings that are more or less linked to everyday life.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Big enough for a garden - I tend to build on 20x30, 30x30 and sometimes 40x40.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Don't want. I enjoy reading fantasy, but not playing it on the sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: Don't want.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Don't really want pets, unless they are crucial to the story rather than an add-on. Otherwise they're just extra work in the game.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A couple of points or so is good.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? A few cooking points and a bit of handiness helps!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Not really...depends on their backstory!

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? It depends on their story. If they're very poor (my sims usually are at the start) then I give them a rusty old bike or two until they can afford something better.

Other: I really enjoy playing renovacies - all my games tend to include sims starting from a hard place and working their way up. I like playing with a small group of people rather than just a lone sim, though I do play lone sims too. I really like sims or buildings with a backstory, where you feel like you're stepping into something that's already happening rather than just starting from scratch. But mostly, I'm looking forward to playing something that's different, that I didn't create myself, and that makes me think of other stories to tell and play. I love seeing other people's creativity at work!

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    And I've checked out that I can upload, I've put a clean install in on my laptop, and I'll build on that and just download any extra store stuff I might want or need...I think I'm good to go! Really looking forward to this :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome to your first homemade gift exchange @Hidehi
    Happy to have you here :)
    I know I've admired your amazing builds before since your name is familiar and look forward to seeing what you create for your Buddy!
    Welcome to your first homemade gift exchange @SamelaRita
    Happy to have you here :)
    Your creativity in builds and stories, whether through the Renovation Challenge you created or not, are amazing! Am definitely looking forward to seeing what you create for your Buddy!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Ooh! We've got some newbies!

Welcome to the party, @Hidehi and @SamelaRita!

This gift exchange is gonna be AWESOME.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Ooh! We've got some newbies!

Welcome to the party, @Hidehi and @SamelaRita!

This gift exchange is gonna be AWESOME.

I agree! I'm really glad you two both joined in this time.

@friendsfan367 - I've had a gap in the roof before too. It's very frustrating to not get the look you want. Sometimes just put on the roof in a different order works. So if you completely covered the house with a hip roof first and then added gables, the spot where the gables meet the hip are where you get gaps. Things to try are:
    1. Put in the gable sections first and then add the hip roof.
    2. Make the gable sections longer, so they go into the hip roof an extra tile or more.
    3. Change the area covered by the hip to a smaller section that doesn't extend beyond the gable and then add more hip sections that cover the outer edges and extend into the main hip roof.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    i'll look at it . i turned auto roof off which is a big step for me. but i tried to put 2 pieces of roof together now theres a gap in the middle.

That happened to me just recently and the only solution I found was to do something different with the roof. Sometimes you can work out a little problem where things come together, and other times you may as well stop banging your head on the keyboard.

i looked at it again too. if you look close one side is lower than the other.
    edited April 2019
    Buddy Letter form: hi i decied to challenge myself. not my first time doing this but it s the first with bifocals.

Username:friendsfan36/367

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs:all

I have installed the following Stuff Packs:all

I own the following Store Content:all

I own the following EA-made Worlds:all

Some of my favorite colors are:all . but if i had to chose1 my new glasses are light purple

I really don’t like this color:i'm not picky about color anymore since work loosened up.

I love to use items from this set: i have to answer this i love the ultra loungeset i know that cheating but i have the compolation

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: sunsetvalley. i chose that cause everyone has it.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):i don'tt know the answer so i guess i haven't played custom worlds

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)contempory modren

I really don’t want this in my game:cc

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!)big i prefer large families

I want/don’t want berry sims:no

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)no

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) i would love a pug. i can't get one in rl.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) tes enough so they dont burn the house down

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) cooking maybe garfning cause i can't eemember how it works.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!)

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)taxi,

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) if i get a house i like to know exactly where it was built. ex 17 maywood.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.
    Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will <3 what you make for them!
    Post edited by ADWilson on April 3
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    if i need to go back and edit i will. everything is ant sized when i wear my glassed.
    edited April 2019
    Sorry your new glasses are challenging for you @friendsfan367. On my computer, there is a tab on top that has a search box in it. On the very end on the right are three horizontal lines. Clicking on that brings up options that include making a screen larger or smaller. This is always helpful on web sites that use a different size monitor or phone as the basis of their web page. See if that works for you.

Just clicking the + will increase the size of the page by 10 %
    ciane wrote: »
    Sorry your new glasses are challenging for you @friendsfan367. On my computer, there is a tab on top that has a search box in it. On the very end on the right are three horizontal lines. Clicking on that brings up options that include making a screen larger or smaller. This is always helpful on web sites that use a different size monitor or phone as the basis of their web page. See if that works for you.

the plus key fell off my keyboard. :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Thank you ever so much everyone for making us 'newbies' feel very welcome!! :D x

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Hidehi, hi. Love your builds. <3
    Welcome back @friendsfan367
    I stumbled across an amazing fact when adding your letter ... this will be the 12th Buddy you've been assigned during these gift exchanges and you are the 12th Buddy to sign up for this one! Neat, hunh?
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Welcome back @friendsfan367
    I stumbled across an amazing fact when adding your letter ... this will be the 12th Buddy you've been assigned during these gift exchanges and you are the 12th Buddy to sign up for this one! Neat, hunh?

very neat. :)

The + is actually a button to click on when you get that options menu. So, even if you don't have one, it will work. :smiley:

The + is actually a button to click on when you get that options menu. So, even if you don't have one, it will work. :smiley:

i just found it intresting cause i never use it, so you would think a letter would pop off. :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    WELCOME NEWBIES!!! I hope your first exchange won't be your last. A few of us ((not *me*, of course)) tend to scare everyone away. :p

Letter updated to include the garage/no garage
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    ALI's here!!!! HIIII ALI (aka @friendsfan367) Hope you've been doing ok
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    I've only done one exchange so far, so I'm still feeling that newbie energy myself. <3<3<3
    Hidehi wrote: »

Thank you ever so much everyone for making us 'newbies' feel very welcome!! :D x

Yeah - that goes for me too! So nice to feel wanted when you join something new :)
    Hello :)
    Having fun reading Buddy letters and hope you are too! It's interesting seeing how others like to play the game.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Hi Addy I would like to join the gift exchange, but being a new member, I filled out the form letter and the system won't let me post it...
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    Hi Addy I would like to join the gift exchange, but being a new member, I filled out the form letter and the system won't let me post it...

Hello :)
    Sorry the site won't let you post. While you're working on becoming a full member (do you know how?) you could send a PM containing your letter and I will be glad to post it in the meantime on your behalf.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    I know this will sound dumb, I even looked it up, how do I send you a PM (Private Message) there doesn't seem to be a link here I can press...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top