Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    WoW! I miss checking in for one day and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
    Welcome to the gift exchange to all the first timers, you will have fun here for sure.

I feel the same way!!! lol I popped in today to see "what was going on", and was VERY shocked when I saw how many new posts there were!

And.... WELCOME to all the new buddies that have signed up!!! *waves*

@Hidehi !!! Nice to see you in another gift exchange!! :D I remember you :)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well, full member status didn't take much time at all, did it @LMC6255?!

Glad to see you'll be with us in this gift giving Mama Dragon! @mmdrgntobldrgn (I had to type that all out. It wouldn't help me until I was done!)
  • Options
    LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Oh yay! There’s a gift exchange that’s still running. For the Sims 3 store right?
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Oh yay! There’s a gift exchange that’s still running. For the Sims 3 store right?

I’m not ADWilson, but the gifts need to be created from scratch (meaning no store items)
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member

Thank you Ciane! It is nice to know that if there are any events(like this one) I can post links and anything else that is needed... I do appreciate everyone's help, especially with the reactions!
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @friendsfan367

I found this roofing tutorial helpful, maybe it will help you. https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/

Nice link to a roofing tutorial but each time I visit the site I get these scam congrats you have won so and so pop ups.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

I’m not ADWilson, but the gifts need to be created from scratch (meaning no store items)

Just to clarify, this is a home made gift exchange, meaning that you have to create something in game and you can use store items in your gift, provided your buddy owns the content already.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Congrats on the membership status, @LMC6255!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    @friendsfan367

I found this roofing tutorial helpful, maybe it will help you. https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/

Nice link to a roofing tutorial but each time I visit the site I get these scam congrats you have won so and so pop ups.

That is really disappointing, I've gone to the site for years and they've always had ads but it's never been malicious. The guides there are usually more thorough than the wiki. I would hate to lose it as a resource over an Ad, but I do not send people to sites I am not comfortable visiting myself and if this is happening then I won't send anyone there in the future.

Could I ask, since I can't duplicate it happening myself;

Are you certain that was the only site you were visiting when your browser was hijacked? Had you downloaded anything from an adfly link or mediafire earlier in the day or did you have any other sims sites open in another tab?
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @friendsfan367

Are you using any adblockers?

I use two adblocker programs through firefox and have never gotten a pop up on carl's site. I'm on it at least once a week to double check one thing or another.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @friendsfan367

Are you using any adblockers?

I use two adblocker programs through firefox and have never gotten a pop up on carl's site. I'm on it at least once a week to double check one thing or another.

I’m accessing it from my iPad. And I don’t think I have adblockers on my ipad
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    @friendsfan367

That is really disappointing, I've gone to the site for years and they've always had ads but it's never been malicious. The guides there are usually more thorough than the wiki. I would hate to lose it as a resource over an Ad, but I do not send people to sites I am not comfortable visiting myself and if this is happening then I won't send anyone there in the future.

Could I ask, since I can't duplicate it happening myself;

Are you certain that was the only site you were visiting when your browser was hijacked? Had you downloaded anything from an adfly link or mediafire earlier in the day or did you have any other sims sites open in another tab?

I had not. It was visited from my iPad. I could try accessing it on my desktop computer later and let you know the results.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

Hello @LynzSimmer :)

Each participant (aka Buddy) gets assigned someone and secretly creates stuff in game for them that will be revealed during gifting time. You can use store items in the build provided your Buddy owns the item. However, the focus of this is making a build (residential or commercial) inspired by something found in the Buddy letter.

Hope this helps clarifies things!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm seeing a lot of talk about links to roofing information. I learned how to roof from this video

https://youtu.be/3wgOeic9tWg

It's by Sim Supply on YouTube. He has a nice presentation, speaks clearly and also shows all types of roofing and some of the problems that arise when you try to mix several types of roof on the same house.

One of the biggest problems is exactly what @friendsfan36 is having and he tells you all about it.

Not only that, he has a bunch more videos that cover a wide range of building tips.

Hope this helps :) Sorry but you have to open it in YouTube for some reason.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm seeing a lot of talk about links to roofing information. I learned how to roof from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wgOeic9tWg

It's by Sim Supply on YouTube. He has a nice presentation, speaks clearly and also shows all types of roofing and some of the problems that arise when you try to mix several types of roof on the same house.

One of the biggest problems is exactly what @friendsfan36 is having and he tells you all about it.

Not only that, he has a bunch more videos that cover a wide range of building tips.

Hope this helps :)

i started it. i thought a pratice house i made hada gap but it turned out one side is taller. so the roof is.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

i started it. i thought a pratice house i made hada gap but it turned out one side is taller. so the roof is.

LOL THAT would create roofing problems!! Build a crooked house get a crooked roof. Good luck on your next try, you'll figure it out as you go :)
  • Options

LOL THAT would create roofing problems!! Build a crooked house get a crooked roof. Good luck on your next try, you'll figure it out as you go :)

it ended up 2 seperate pieces so its not that bad.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Kgaff - I had no problem watching the video ^^ here in Edge. Maybe certain browsers are picky about certain kinds of videos? ((don't know))

But, you're right. SimSupply has REALLY good videos that everyone can go look at, on his YouTube page. Like THIS one.

MAMA DRAGON!!!!! Did I say hi to you yet?! {{ gives you a big hug }}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Reminder to those considering participating ...
    Buddy Letter deadline: Saturday, April 13th at 11 pm (EST)

Hope to see YOUR letter soon!
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Thank you BreeMiles, I hope you day went well today! Looking foward to the gift exchange! ;)
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Reminder to those considering participating ...
    Buddy Letter deadline: Saturday, April 13th at 11 pm (EST)

Hope to see YOUR letter soon!

Wow the deadline is on my birthday
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    happy almost birthday @Bubbz3388!

happy almst birthday. borrowed cianes comment
  • Options
    Just a few more days to sign up!
    Please consider being a Buddy ... it's A LOT of fun!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top