Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which combo of themes would you want

isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
Which combination of themes, based on non-winning themes of the March madness “poll”, would you want most in an expansion or game pack?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17002852/#Comment_17002852

Which combo of themes would you want 144 votes

Time Traveling + Generations (get more from playing the game over generations and travel back and forth in time)
18%
auroraael14rudy8292alexspoom13huandlufruitsbasket101CaityTrinaElizabethMcannaliese39DoloresGreyChadSims2AuronoiChieftainemilymsimsChe1vzSimsSlayMs_MikaDanaanhornListentoToppDoggAmandèleSERVERFRAMaiaPlaysSims 26 votes
Islanders + Witches (explore islands around the world and discover different forms of magic)
46%
icmnfrshGRIMMYIceyJAyradyssKelleygirlWritin_RegIrdiwenfreindlylolANNETTE1951SimpkinIsa_MenezesBluellezagboorulesLizzychicagomueller_litemarbergR0bertaJennyggashcrash19beville 67 votes
Medieval Heroes (horse and dragon riding + medieval world and quests)
14%
alan650111simgirl1010JestTrutaydevCeCeDotjcp011c2rjssimAvianatorMsReid113lillibattenbergMonaveilthatsnotswegRedSunBlueslazyjuniperMadachan88Evie0602simoleoncatAngie1301purpleplumRouensims 21 votes
Survivalists + Robots and mutants (including mermaid “mutants”)
6%
IObelleBagoas77duhboy2u2PlumbobCrossingEvaliynEnkiSchmidtLiELFThemrsg4422RememberJoy 9 votes
Other...?
14%
Frn0731catmom1987Isb917SimburianAnmirlaCinebarFairyGodMothercatloverplayerElenPinkPinkJellyBeansSavvySimmiepandie00garapoesdomina89bythedreadwolfTamakiSakura84TheRedLionspaceisstrangeVivi_WillowTreeangelicsamurai 21 votes

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Time Traveling + Generations (get more from playing the game over generations and travel back and forth in time)
    I'd have to go with Time Traveling + Generations not that I'd really want time traveling but the idea of having the world be different being able to change the world as the Sims age and it not always remain the same sounds great. As it is now start a Sim as baby it ages has a family of its own dies its grandchild lives in the world with the same tech and it all feels the same because those in charge of this game want to force modern on us no landlines no newspapers and so on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't care about time travel, but generations would be the best chance to give new gameplay to all of the life stages, so that's what I'd prefer.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    I went with time travel and generations, but if I'm being honest I don't really want theme combos? I have no interest in time travel, but I do feel life stages other than adult need more attention and development. I want witches and a beach vacation world even more, but not together. I would prefer witches with werewolves and fairies in a Supernatural EP. A tropical vacation world pack though could include mermaids? Also I would love a medieval game with horses, but more so if it was a separate broad historical sims game. I want horses with farming in TS4. Sorry, I'm really boring and traditional! :D
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Medieval Heroes (horse and dragon riding + medieval world and quests)
    fantasy world
    4s8hc2z6sf9c.png
    A fantasy world awaits with truly fantastical traits!

though all options are good
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other...?
    I picked other because none of those ideas or type of gameplay appeal to me in the pc versions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not interested in a combo. Especially not witches and islanders. I don't want an island pack and I love witches.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Other...?
    These things should not be combined. Witches are my top priority, but the only reason I want to see some sort of island content is because it's a popular request and it should be in game due to popular demand.
    Mermaids should not be with survivalists and robots, it should be with island because, well, that just makes sense.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I choose the Generations thing, but we all know what happens with The Sims 4 packs when they try to squeeze themes together... so rather no combo's at all.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Islanders + Witches (explore islands around the world and discover different forms of magic)
    I'm interested in both tropical and magic gameplay, so this sounds very interesting to me
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Other...?
    Something more realistic. University and Freetime or something.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Islanders would be my top priority, but I don't want them mixed with witches. They both deserve individual treatment.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I picked Islanders + Witches, but I'd much rather have Witches + Schools, or Medieval Witches. Seriously, a dragon-riding medieval fantasy goes hand in hand with sorcerers.

Time Traveling + Generations sounds amazing though, especially if you can go back in time and have sims meet their ancestors/your old deceased sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My second pick would be Time traveling for sure as I like both choices.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Other...?
    Farming.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Other...?
    I think witches and farming/off the grid could go well together.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    NONE of those fit together for me. Like I would not want a pack with two random themes shoehorned together.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other...?
    Island/Romance like Freeplay has and honeymoon suites on the island.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2019
    Other...?
    Of the themes listed, Legacies + Elders.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other...?
    Medieval, witches, Farming, Off the grid, would be my wishlist combination. Dragons, and other supernatural stuff nice as extras too. :)
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2019
    If I could choose, I would do Legacies and Elders. My reasoning is mainly because it could be a generations sort of thing where we get an upgrade on all the life stages.
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You pretty much had me at "witches"...

But my obsession with witches aside, I've said from the beginning that when we get them, I want to explore different kinds of magic, rather than simply being good or evil like in TS2, so seeing how magic is practised around the world and letting my sims learn about different magic cultures definitely comes close to that. And none of the other themes really interest me (except maybe the last one, minus mutants and mermaids), so it was an easy choice for me.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Islanders & Witches sounds like such a cool idea, I would be here for that.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I would normally pick witches or islands, but I'm not sure I want them together. So I went with robots and mutants because I can see those being a good combo. Also I really would love to see superpowers in the game someday. The Medieval Heroes would probably be my second choice although I'm not sure how well it would fit into the game, but I like the idea.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Other...?
    None of those themes make sense together. Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to put different things together on the same pack. GTW tried this with retail + jobs and we all know how that ended up. Everything feels rather tackled on and half baked.

Besides, I wouldn't mind an Island pack, and I would love Generations to be a thing, but I don't want witches or time travel, so having those mixed together would be a big no for me.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Honestly, I want Mutant Dragons, ridden by Witches, fighting for Survival against Robots and Reapers, as they travel through Time. That's the tea.
    #Team Occult