Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with Erwin Pries?

I think he's quite an interesting sim and it's annoying that he's isn't in Manage Worlds but oh well. In my new StrangerVille save, I messed around in CAS and made him Ted Roswell's nephew. Erwin's parents died in an "accident" when he was a teenager so he ended up living with Ted and Meredith. He's currently living in the trailer in StrangerVille, trying to solve the mystery with the help of Liberty Lee.
What have you done with him?
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Oooh, backstory!

For my Erwin I decided to make him childhood BFFs with my hero sim, the snarky journalist Artemis “Artie” Westvale. She left town due to a number of reasons (dreams too big for a small town, needing better resources for transition surgery and HRT, wanting to break free of small town opinions, etc), but Erwin stayed and continued to cobble a life together.

I had it that his parents died when he was 17, shortly after his bff left, and although the town pitched in to help him out here and there (Meredith being the chief Town Mom who would check in on him) he mostly cobbled a life together on his own. Before Artie moved back into town he had been making friends with Jess and Alice, becoming close to the two of them. He is also the ‘leader’ of the Conspiracy Theorists in town and the central hub for the conspiracy info.

Currently in the ‘story’ I have him similar to how he was in the preview trailer (different haircut and upgraded skin overlay and freckles), but we are at a spot where Jess still hasn’t gone full infection mode yet in front of him and Alice. I’m gonna have that be the main reason why Artie decides to cave in her journalistic integrity and use the bugs. (Basically her, Alice and Erwin will get in a huge fight because Artie is trying to do this ‘right’ for a story which she won’t get arrested for and be able to use the info, whereas Alice and Erwin are like THIS TOWN IS IN DANGER THIS ISNT ABOUT YOUR STORY.)

By the end of the story I plan Erwin to still run the curio shop and be the leader of the Conspiracy club, but also he becomes a contact for the Sims-in-Black in part because of Alice. (He is not entirely happy with that, but ah well.)
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    One of my vampire sims got abducted by aliens, and had an alien/vampire mixed boy. He has since grown up, and he and Erwin are living happily in an underground bunker, underneath the trailer, as they are both paranoid. I thought that a transgendered, vampire/alien hybrid was a great combo for a conspiracy theorist.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    He's a daddy in my game and living with his girlfriend and baby.

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I checked out the Gallery and found several copies of him posted there. The only problem is that they are mostly after he gets the paranoid trait. Does anyone have an unedited Erwin?
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    I checked out the Gallery and found several copies of him posted there. The only problem is that they are mostly after he gets the paranoid trait. Does anyone have an unedited Erwin?

I believe Edwin in-game comes with the Paranoid trait, as this is one of his base 3 traits, and required for a sim to be a conspiracy theorist.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    After thinking it through , I relized that Erwin Pries is a special character that isn't meant to be played. He is a Conspiracy Theorist and Owner of the Curio Shop nothing more. There to sell curios and give clues to the mystery. There to play his part should I choose to revive the mother plant and play again.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm trying to set him up with my Simgirl <3

oV76c3N.jpg

even though he doesn't seem so enthusiastic about that idea :s

hnWgsCh.jpg

neither does her cat :D

L8pWzBu.jpg
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Erwin rarely ever shows his face in my rotational save.

Now in the Oldwest save I had a flu epidemic up until yesterday and Erwin was one of those who fell ill. When I moved him in to cure him I saw that he was level 4 in the military career. I'm not sure if Erwin comes with that or if story progression gave him the job (He wasn't marked played/favorited, so he was fair game for the game to assign him a career). So now he serves in the cavalry under Colonel Cahill.
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    edited April 2019
    I take erwin to sims 3 world, and he run away from UFO attack :lol:
    Screenshot-102.png
    Screenshot-104.png
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    Screenshot-107.jpg
    Screenshot-105.jpg

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    My Erwin always disappear when I move Sims in Strangerville. ;(
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...