Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with Occults?

Do you play with Occults, why or why not?
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Do you play with Occults? 379 votes

Yes.
53%
Dannydanbobshag4lvicmnfrshIdontrcallIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayerjeepjeepcatIceyJkippy300ZeriBlkBarbiegalsillehbeeColorist40AyradysslisamwittMjstsmPMLadyAzzerajonilla1 203 votes
No.
16%
EvalenFrn0731Nh6650aprilroseAlexaiMonet11Angel_mixpoemetragurljoelygirlsims2huandlubabajayneGoldenBuffyfriendlysimmers3fansforevergoodcakebaker62sekojrananymfaKatiardguezkatka_kynclovakellza 61 votes
I have them installed, but I do not play them.
23%
simjenn2004rudy8292Jaline33storyyjujee55Mi9shaoscarshadyladynzCorkysPetalsasimbsimMeteoraStormMizz_TriceyelanorbretonPipersfun2freindlylolSimpkinElegantblkchina1fruitsbasket101mock68loubylouloudragonfreak 89 votes
Other (Explain in the comments).
6%
Kita5399GalacticGalBeardedgeekJestTruBagoas77stilljustme2LustianiciaRevenwynphantasmkisselelunicyfullspiralDevilNDisguiseLemon405TechbiltMDianaSimsColton147147DivieOwleeeyunEliGrangerSimmerAriaMad2 26 votes

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have all the packs, and despite this I haven’t seen an alien since I bought Get to Work and purposely played with them. Same with Vampires I only see the same two roaming around but that’s it. I’m not a huge occult player, but I thought that was kind of weird. 🤷‍♀️

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have Aliens, ghosts and vampires but I rarely play them. Actually, I don't think I have ever played as a ghost, rarely do I play as a vampire and I play as aliens when my male sims get abducted and pregnant.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have Aliens, ghosts and vampires but I rarely play them. Actually, I don't think I have ever played as a ghost, rarely do I play as a vampire and I play as aliens when my male sims get abducted and pregnant.

I WISH my sims would get abducted, but alas it isn’t so. Also I completely forgot about ghosts, don’t really see them much either despite me playing with aging on.

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes.
    That's my preferred game play. I need my Witches and Werewolves. I would rather play the ordinary play with extraordinary Sims!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »
    That's my preferred game play. I need my Witches and Werewolves. I would rather play the ordinary play with extraordinary Sims!

I would love to play with Witches if/when we get them. Depending on the type of witch of course.

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I only play with the vampires, and really only in the one save I have dedicated to them. I played with aliens only once, and not at all with ghosts.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes.
    Anmirla wrote: »

I would love to play with Witches if/when we get them. Depending on the type of witch of course.

If we do get them (fingers and toes crossed), I hope they make it possible to create Wizard of Ozish, Harry Potterish and Wizards for those who want them, but I want to be able to create White Witches, a Voodoo Priestess, a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Witch and a Native American shaman.
    I even googled Asian Witches to see how I could use the freebies from Chinese New Year. I found that there are Japanese Witches that have snakes or foxes as familiars - and what can we make in game? ;) (I have to use what is available without the intention of insulting either culture.)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Yes.
    Yes. A Sim of mine that gets added to EVERY SINGLE GAME that I play (whether he is the main character or just a background character) is a vampire Sim that I love. He's my favorite character ever.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    Right at this moment, I'm not, mainly because I'm bored with the ones we have. I did do a test play with a Plant Sim and the strange plant life in Strangerville, just to see if anything interesting happened.....
    ...it did not.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes.
    Yes. In TS3 I play with all occults, but in TS4 I only play with vampires. I have stories for all my occult households. Never played aliens, but considering making a new save for them.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    I do, but I like to have only one of each type at a time in my rotational play, such as one vampire household, one active ghost in another, and aliens only when male Sims randomly get abducted. I created a backstory for the Goths where they are the only Sim household that knows vamps exist and study lore to protect themselves, because they loathe bloodsuckers, lol. The majority of my households are "normal"ish families, but I like to have a little variety with the occult...it keeps things interesting.

@AquaGamer1212
    There are some ways to help abductions come:

The satellite that your Sim can create in the Scientist career can summon aliens.

I haven't tried it, but it looks like there is also a cheat:

Ctrl+Shift+C

testingcheats on

Then enter:

stats.set_stat commodity_AlienAbduction_Cooldown 0

Then:

interactions.push AlienAbduction_BeAbducted

Then:

testingcheats off

(as a precaution)

Let us know if the cheat works if you use it! Good luck.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2019
    No.
    Hate them. I have all the packs installed for features and content, but I use MCCC to turn off any occult breeding.
    My sim was interested in a sim and turned out.. he was an alien. probably came with Strangerville. I was NOT happy with this, but understand the purpose of that town/pack and new alien sims, so I just turned him into a normal sim.
    I do, but I like to have only one of each type at a time in my rotational play, such as one vampire household, one active ghost in another, and aliens only when male Sims randomly get abducted. I created a backstory for the Goths where they are the only Sim household that knows vamps exist and study lore to protect themselves, because they loathe bloodsuckers, lol. The majority of my households are "normal"ish families, but I like to have a little variety with the occult...it keeps things interesting.

@AquaGamer1212
    There are some ways to help abductions come:

The satellite that your Sim can create in the Scientist career can summon aliens.

I haven't tried it, but it looks like there is also a cheat:

Ctrl+Shift+C

testingcheats on

Then enter:

stats.set_stat commodity_AlienAbduction_Cooldown 0

Then:

interactions.push AlienAbduction_BeAbducted

Then:

testingcheats off

(as a precaution)

Let us know if the cheat works if you use it! Good luck.

Thank you!!

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hate them. Aliens abducted and impregnated my males so many times! Was angry when I found out their date was a alien. I don’t have vampires* so I can’t comment on them, but I’m not really into supernaturals. I’m have ghost visit but they started to annoy me
    Post edited by BlueSeaWaves on
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I do have a couple of vampire households in my rotation, but it's been a while since I have went to them. I keep thinking I really should because they are interesting, and I love the ones I have, but there's been other things occupying my time. Especially with the new content.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes.
    I think they're cool. I'm not sure what else would be required.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Depends.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes.
    I play humans mostly, but I also have several vampires in my current rotation. I used to have two aliens but I hardly played them so their save was retired. I haven't played a ghost.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have Get To Work and Vampires installed but I do not play with occults. I have mods installed to even prevent them from being generated in my games so I don’t even see them... ever :)
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have Get To Work and Vampires installed but I do not play with occults. I have mods installed to even prevent them from being generated in my games so I don’t even see them... ever :)

It’s funny, I don’t see them even without mods installed. It’s the weirdest thing ever.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

It’s funny, I don’t see them even without mods installed. It’s the weirdest thing ever.

It's because everything was toned down and dialed back for family/realistic players who want the bb, but nothing else.
    fullspiral wrote: »

It's because everything was toned down and dialed back for family/realistic players who want the bb, but nothing else.

Oh, when did that happen?

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don’t play occult, but I have aliens and that’s it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Played being a vampire once with my sim and it was pretty fun first go around and that was it. Haven't really made any vampire household cept for the premades. I added some of the premade vampires to Vlad's estate from trailer and that's about it.

Think the only occults I've been playing more voluntarily are probably the aliens due to their disguise (and i had remade the smith family ).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes.
    I miss them. The ones we have, I don't play much to be honest, I have them installed. The ones I miss I'd play all the time. Witches, werewolves, fairies...Well, maybe not fairies. The wings annoy me a bit.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.