Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Part-Time jobs for Adults

shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
what mods do you guys use for part time jobs for adults, I previously had one and it was messing my game up and now I’m desperate for a working replacement that’s compatible with the latest update.

any help would be hugely appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Was the mod you used the Teen Careers for All Ages by plasticbox? That's the one I used. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it still works. I have to retest it.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I still don't know why they didn't offically implement this in the game.
    Sorry, I can't help with mods.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I guess they feel like you’ll give your Sim 1 main career and they can use their free time to make money on the side if need be by painting, writing, programming, gardening, etc and that’s why they didn’t bother to make it so you can actually add a second job to your Sim. It makes sense to me even though I’m a big fan of options.
  • Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    cas-fulleditmode has a working part-time teen careers for all mod.
  • Options
    @danacnbrett is this compatible with current version of the game?
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    shanls96 wrote: »

There seems to be a Version 2. This is the last updated version I could find, updated last September 2018: modthesims.info/download.php?t=534782&c=1&goto=newpost (Click on Updated Version link and then download...I didn't want to send you directly to the download file)

Here is the original main description page: modthesims.info/download.php?t=534782
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wish this was an option without having to download mods. I don't play with any mods but part time jobs sound great for my poor sims that still want a lot of time with their children.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wish this was an option without having to download mods. I don't play with any mods but part time jobs sound great for my poor sims that still want a lot of time with their children.

I couldn't agree more. They would also provide more 'every day' normal career options for adult sims. Not everyone can become a secret agent or a celebrity chef! I'm glad those who play with mods have the option, but for us vanilla players it's a shame and seems like something that would be quite simple to add.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member

There seems to be a Version 2. This is the last updated version I could find, updated last September 2018: modthesims.info/download.php?t=534782&c=1&goto=newpost (Click on Updated Version link and then download...I didn't want to send you directly to the download file)

Here is the original main description page: modthesims.info/download.php?t=534782

I just tried this mod and after my sim got a part time job as a laborer, she ended up not going to work, so this mod didn't work for me. Anyone have any luck with it?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would also like to see part time jobs in the game. They are a way to live life in different ways. It might be family or sport or art or writing or whatever else in the great big world that you want to devote a bit of time to other than work. Hope we will see them at some point.
  • Options
    @MLadyAzzera it never worked for me either unfortunately :( I’m so desperate for some part time careers even if it’s the odd few
  • Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member

I assume so. I have been using it with the latest update with no problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I was looking on Google for some part time jobs, and I found that Midnitetech has created some that will work for either teens or adults.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The problem is that the mod breaks with almost every single patch. At the moment, there is a working version though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    @83bienchen do you have a link for this working version? can’t seem to find one
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Of course, there are actually two atm:

http://cas-fulleditmode.tumblr.com/post/178141484285/cas-fulleditmode-cas-fulleditmode-this-is-my
    bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/pbox_careers_TeenForAll_updatedbybienchen83.rar

For outdated mods on MTS, make sure to always look on the last site of the comment section. Mostly you'll find an updated version there (if there is one).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ArialyxArialyx Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey! I'm really new to the online community so I'm sorry if this is weird. I'm about to make some more adult part-time jobs mods and I'd love any suggestions.

I downloaded some and made some myself, but it gets repetitive. I have a couple days off so I'm going to "mass" produce a bunch of part-time jobs in packs to add more variety in the type of job and the hours. I have a list of ideas that I haven't seen in other mods but it would be so so cool if anyone was interested and wanted to give suggestions!

I was going to do this just for myself as usual, but I keep seeing posts about adult part-time jobs, so I thought I'd just put this out there in case anyone's interested. I know I have no track record but I've made a bunch of careers and tested them and they work.
  • Options
    I would love part time job versions of the full time careers that came with the base game and expansion packs. I might want my sims to have a job as an entertainer or a criminal or a journalist or whatever, but I might not want them to have a full-time job. It would also allow teens to get started on any of those careers.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    @floridameerkat

I'll make some based on the game careers and update you to see what you think!
  • Options
    So, I made two part-time versions of full-time careers (Astronaut and Writer). They work well; I'm happy about them. I used Neia's tool so it's not like they contain any exotic code or anything. But, I'm new to this forum, and it won't let me post links. I'm trying to find a workaround.

In the meantime, if anyone comes across this post and is interested in part-time versions of the game's full-time careers, please let me know which ones you want. I intend to eventually do all of them, but I'll do the suggested ones first!
  • Options
    Alright, so I posted the links on the Sims 4 subreddit. If you google "maple_stars" (my username) together with "reddit" (include quotation marks) you should find my profile, and it's the newest post. Or you can go on r/Sims4 and sort by new.

Sorry about this! I really hope to get some feedback. Thank you @floridameerkat for encouraging me to start making these. I've been a lurker for so long and I'm excited to join this community!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Arialyx Thank you for making them! I found the reddit post, and, if you'd like, I could post the thread for you, at least until you're able to yourself. I'll definitely be downloading these when I get home today and testing them out.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    @floridameerkat

Yay! Did you have the chance to try one? I've been working on the images (actually having all of them instead of generic llamas, + cooler images in general) and fine-tuning details like PTO and the rate of career progression. I'd love to know what you thought, even if it's negative!
  • Options
    One of the sims I'm currently playing recently quit his job due to a chance card, so I had him join the part-time writer's career. So far, I haven't had any issues. It seemed he didn't need to do anything other than fill his performance bar to get his first promotion, which was nice. Now I just have to get him level to three of the writing skill and he can continue to progress.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry it's a bit rough but I'm glad it's functional! You gave me the courage to post to MTS and I just got my first one approved, Astronaut. It's more polished than the link I posted here, though the difference is mostly aesthetic: images, icons, descriptions. The game play is basically the same except more PTO (oh, how I wish I could so easily increase my IRL vacation days!)

So I'll stop spamming this thread now; if anyone's interested in these part-time versions you can (I still can't post links) google search modthesims + arialyx or search for member arialyx at the MTS site (ugh I'm so sorry; this feels like self-promotion which is really not the point. I just thought it was a cool idea and if others think it's a cool idea then might as well share). The Business one is awaiting approval and I'll continue down the list. Again, if anyone has requests, I'll do those first!