Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dumb Sims 2 Question

KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 2
Hi, all.

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my laptop. I used to have it also on my desktop, but it's gone for some reason. Maybe the kids playing around in Programs.

Anyway, I'd like to get it back on my desktop, but am not sure how. I tried downloading it through Origins, but when I try to play it there are no neighborhoods there. I tried to repair it, but no luck with that.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do? Sims 2 does not show up anywhere in my programs, which, I think is the problem, but I don't know how to get it put in there? Do you think this is fixable or am I just fated to only play on my laptop, which is not a terrible hardship, but less convenient at times.
Post edited by KatsKats on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I would try deleting the Neighborhood folder and make the game regenerate it as it starts.

If it still doesn't show the neighborhoods, go to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData
    and Copy the Neighborhoods folder then Paste it into your save game files ( C:\Users\My-HP\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection).

• KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I hadn't tried deleting the program files but I'll start with that. One main problem is it doesn't show up in my hard drive under programs at all. Unless I am looking at the wrong thing. I'll go check it out.

Thanks for your time. :)
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I would try deleting the Neighborhood folder and make the game regenerate it as it starts.

If it still doesn't show the neighborhoods, go to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData
    and Copy the Neighborhoods folder then Paste it into your save game files ( C:\Users\My-HP\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection).

The first thing worked. I thought I'd done something similar, but apparently not well enough. Thank you, so much!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2019
    Did you look in the Origin Games folder in your Program files? :)

*please don't delete the Program files unless you're sure of what you're doing.