Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get hold of EA customer service. Google is no help!

Hi guys. I have temporarily lost internet access at home and need help registering Monte Vista for myself and my husband. I can do mine at work as it's going on my laptop and I can bring it with me. But hubby is SOL because he only has a desktop machine without built in Wi-Fi. Is there a way to get hold of EA CS either by phone or online chat so I can get their help for hubby's game?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    EA help offers phone, live chat, and email options, although email tends to be slow and not very helpful. Phone calls may not be available until Monday business hours, depending on whether you have your own help center in Canada or have to go through the U.S. one. Live chat is always available; if you don't see the option, try changing your location to U.S.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

But it's probably not necessary to go the EA help route. You can login to your husband's account and register his Monte Vista code to the store, or you can use a cell phone as a temporary wifi hotspot and let him do it himself. Codes are tied to the account, not to the computer used. Downloading will be a bigger issue, since store files are encrypted. But if you have an external or thumb drive, he can login to his store account, download MV, and then transfer it to his computer. (This doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot.)

The key is for you to temporarily remove your own game folder from Documents and then open the launcher to spawn a new one. (Make sure you're not logged into the launcher.) Then he can access his store account, download MV, and grab the file from Downloads inside the game folder. That file should be transferrable to his own game folder, where he can install without an internet connection.

Also, it's a good idea to try installing into a clean game folder first, just to make sure it works. The file will still be in Downloads after it's installed, so he can move it from one game folder to another without any trouble.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2019
    But it's probably not necessary to go the EA help route. You can login to your husband's account and register his Monte Vista code to the store, or you can use a cell phone as a temporary wifi hotspot and let him do it himself. Codes are tied to the account, not to the computer used. Downloading will be a bigger issue, since store files are encrypted. But if you have an external or thumb drive, he can login to his store account, download MV, and then transfer it to his computer. (This doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot.)

The key is for you to temporarily remove your own game folder from Documents and then open the launcher to spawn a new one. (Make sure you're not logged into the launcher.) Then he can access his store account, download MV, and grab the file from Downloads inside the game folder. That file should be transferrable to his own game folder, where he can install without an internet connection.

Also, it's a good idea to try installing into a clean game folder first, just to make sure it works. The file will still be in Downloads after it's installed, so he can move it from one game folder to another without any trouble.

While they can register Monte Vista from their laptop to their husbands account, they can't download it from that laptop and transfer it to the desktop as the download is also tied to the Base Games Serial Key of the game install it's being downloaded with in other words the Store detects her installs Serial Key and ties that to download to her game. If they both own the game on separate accounts you can't transfer that's the same as having a Steam install one computer and an Origin/disc install on the other and trying to swap Store downloads between the 2.
    Now if one of them owns the game on 1 account and they are sharing the game from that account on 2 different computers then that will work.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p