Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the participants in any of my comps...

I wasn't sure where to put this as it is a mix of builders and competition participants from a few different places.

I am making a weebly site to keep all my created building, modelling and gameplay challenges that I have created. I have put those I know of in the modelling section but wasn't sure where to put the rest of you. If any of you could please write a small sentence that includes the name of my comp you participated in and a comment, I would appreciate any comments.

If I've left anyone out please let me know and if you don't want to add a comment, that is okay too. ;)

@Bubbz3388 @giggler36 @mcrudd @cmbaker16 @aussiekarima @Movotti @leashahampton @elanorbreton @momoito @bokylie1 @higgenbocker @JennaCatz @m11kj @NShippudenFan @SimmerMoon @SimsOriginFan @wbombje @wrswrs2 @ArtsyAmy @InaMac69 @chips46 @EuphorialQueen @Figwit @fizzlegig @giggler36 @leashahampton @cmbaker16 @aussiekarima @elanorbreton @moimoto

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    If you've read or participated in the gameplay challenges, you could comment on that or even if you've read them, @EuphorialQueen

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Rags to Riches is the way I start 99% of my game play saves, I absolutely LOVE the satisfaction of starting out my Sims with nothing and helping them reach their ultimate goal in life, completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration!

I had NO idea you were the one who actually started this challenge. I just noticed that fact when I went to find the name of the Shipwrecked Challenge (I thought it was Castaway for some reason, but knew that wasn't exactly right. lol. It must be so satisfying to see so many who love this challenge and play it in so many different ways, putting their own spin on it.

As I said above, I almost always start every single gameplay using this method. The only time I don't is if I'm playing another challenge that doesn't allow that kind of beginning. I might not follow all the rules (sometimes I keep aging off, or have no children or after they reach Fabulously Wealthy, I'll keep going for Mansion Baron or the Redbud goal of one million simoleans, etc. Or I'll sometimes even continue going using that Sim for a completely different challenge. I love playing challenges, can you tell? lol

I've never actually followed your rules to the T, not because I don't like them, just because I had no idea about your rules for it or that you were the founder of the challenge! o.O Anyway, thank you SO much for creating this challenge, it's been my absolute FAVORITE challenge/style of playing since I stumbled upon it while watching James Turner's Lady Bigwallet Rags to Riches Let's Play on YouTube.

I haven't tried it myself, yet, but I love your Shipwrecked Challenge and read your play through along with others who have tried it because it looks like so much fun! :)

Also, since it wasn't your modeling competition, Muse, this isn't a comment for your new website, but I believe you were a judge for Muse and I was a participant for a few rounds. I really enjoyed the comments and appreciated the suggestions you gave me. If I had been able to continue modeling, I know they would've helped me to be a better competitor. So thank you for that! :)

Happy Simming and Good Luck with your new website! <3
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thank you very much @Karababy52 I didn't start the Rags to Riches comp, I modified it a fair bit, and did it on behalf of @mcrudd uploading my version to my blog. :) This is my version here... Jendowoz's version

A new cycle of Muse will be starting in the near future and I'll probably offer to judge again. Thanks for the comments about my judging, it's most appreciated.

• Options
    You're welcome! Ah, okay, so, @mcrudd started the Rags to Riches challenge? I've never been able to find out exactly who did start it. Anyway, thanks for the link to your version, but I just finished reading your rules and your story for it and came back to the forum. Great story! :)

Yes, I saw on the Modeling board about Muse having another cycle. I like to read what's going on there these days even if I'll probably never enter anything again. I'm glad there will be another cycle though, I really enjoyed the rounds I participated in for the first go-round. Have fun judging! :)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Karababy52 Rags to Riches has been around for a really long time.
    @Cyron43 posted a Sims 3 version. When more packs were added I asked if it was okay if I updated it. Sims 3 "Rain In My Shoes" (updated for #TS3Seasons ) was my version.
    That was updated for Sims 4 as the Rosebud Challenge. ;) ..
    And now you know. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks, @EuphorialQueen I wasn't sure who begun it either. I knew mcrudd had a part in it, but wasn't sure. <3<3

• Options
    Thanks for the clarification @EuphorialQueen I had no idea R2R has been around that long. The only challenge I ever played in TS2 was a couple tries at the Legacy Challenge, at the time I thought it was the only challenge there was for it. I didn't visit the BBS much back then after I found and joined a popular TS2 forum/website, eventually becoming a staff member. By the time I became the admin/owner, it was more focused on writing/roleplay and contests. I never played TS3. You know I have played and love the Rosebud Challenge. :)

Thanks again! <3
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    As far as I know I've only participated in the secret Santa you hosted around nov/dec
  • Options
    Yes you did and you can comment about that if you would like to, @cmbaker16 baker

• Options
    Kris Kringle is one of the activities that will be included in my new blog. @cmbaker16

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    oh ok yea I couldn't remember what it was called, but yes it was the Kris Kringle sorry for replying late