Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[STRANGERVILLE SPOILERS] Starting over?

Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
I played through and finished the StrangerVille story on a Sims a few weeks ago and now his kid has hit adulthood and I want to play it over again. Before his old man kicked the bucket, I got him to return to the plant, revive it and request some weirdness. It started out alright, even giving me the pop up about arriving in town, but ever since the game hasn't been progressing even though I've been filling out the tasks in the aspiration.

Now, I did try to cheat a little bit by passing on the keycard and hazmat suit from the older sim onto the younger sim, so I could immediately access the card door and descend to the lowest level. I figured this would just speed up the process, but have I completely bugged out the story from progressing by doing so? I've followed all the correct steps up to descending to the lowest part of the lab and the town is still only in the first stage of weirdness. I also don't have any prompts to ask about the spores, hazmat suit, detector etc. It doesn't seem like any of the scripted stuff is playing out.

Also, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find anything in Search.

Edit: Removed the Hazmat Suit from my sims inventory and he's able to ask about spores now. I guess having those bugged it out. Will leave this up on the off chance someone else comes across the same issue, but problem solved, so far!
p3herocutin0mj8n.png