The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roof affecting furniture placement...

I have a room which has a roof over the top made up of a cone shaped roof merged with a hipped roof. At the circumference of the cone shaped roof, I can't place anything UNDERNEATH in the room below?! At first I thought I just couldn't place anything too high up otherwise it might interfere with a very slight overlap from the ceiling, but I can't even place a rug on the floor!

This is really frustrating me, is there anything I can do without taking everything apart? It took me hours...
I have tried deleting the cone-shaped part of the roof and adding the furniture, but when I put the roof back the furniture gets deleted.

I'm playing base game with no mods, cheats or CC.

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I haven't done a lot of building, but so far I've found that you can't use the space under the roof as a room, so you can't place objects there. You have to build an attic space the way you want it, then put the roof(s) around it and on top of it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I haven't done a lot of building, but so far I've found that you can't use the space under the roof as a room, so you can't place objects there. You have to build an attic space the way you want it, then put the roof(s) around it and on top of it.

It's not an attic room, I've built a normal room, and then gone to the next floor up to place the roof, but it's the room below that I can't put any furniture into.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

It's not an attic room, I've built a normal room, and then gone to the next floor up to place the roof, but it's the room below that I can't put any furniture into.

Ah, okay. I've never had that problem. Hopefully someone else will see this and be able to help.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Can you take a screenshot of the roof and room? It would be easier to understand if there was something to look at.
    It's up on the gallery, "Prince Eric's Castle", and it's the "nursery" room underneath the cone roof. I don't know how to post photos yet, sorry...
    Thanks I’ll check it out 🙂
    edited March 2019
    Ok I downloaded it. I tested it out using MOO and it doesn't prevent me from placing items. I circled the room i think you are talking about.... https://imgur.com/aYkQMcb
    Post edited by JC1979 on
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Ok I downloaded it. I tested it out using MOO and it doesn't prevent me from placing items. I circled the room i think you are talking about.... https://imgur.com/aYkQMcb

If you have MOO can sims still use the objects in the room? If so, I'm fine with that to be honest, but I thought that if you placed something using MOO then the item can't be used.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

If you have MOO can sims still use the objects in the room? If so, I'm fine with that to be honest, but I thought that if you placed something using MOO then the item can't be used.

The item can be used as long as it's accessible. Doesn't matter if MOO was used or not.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The item can be used as long as it's accessible. Doesn't matter if MOO was used or not.

But if you've placed it in a non-accessible place (ie under a stupid roof) by using MOO, can you use it? Would you need to have MOO permanently?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    If your sim can access and walk around the room (you'd need to playtest) then the objects should also be useable.

If your sim can't walk around the room, then that's a separate issue and likely a bug.
    Okay, thank you all!