The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So frustrated....

So, I'm having yet another problem with the sims 4. It seems no matter what I do I CAN NOT use place settings on dining tables. I'm so frustrated. I've got a fair amount of CC, and mods. But even without mods installed I cant set the tables. I've tried with both sims on my lot, and neither one can set tables. The option doesn't even come up on the menu. I tried to do it with another household on another lot and had no problem, until I replaced the table with a new one. Seems only this lot is affected. I tried to bulldoze the lot, and the terrain, still no option to set tables. I did, however, replace the lot with 3 different houses from my gallery, and had no problem with setting the table option coming up then, so long as I didn't replace the table with a new one. As soon as I do there is no way to click on the new table to find any kind of menu. I tried to repair the game also.

I'm at a loss, and frustrated that there is just one more feature I cant use in my game. Or at least cant use correctly. Last week I had an issue with the drone not recording the correct videos, and then the other day my friezes were disappearing when I tried to add spandrels. Like, it wasn't being deleted, it was straight up vanishing.

I spent a week painstakingly building this beautiful mansion for my celeb sim, and now nothing is working right. I think I might just be straight up done with the sims. I'm over it.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I'm so tired of this game not functioning properly.

Maybe I should just try to reinstall it.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    edited March 2019
    Have you ever tried to refresh your Document Sims 4 folder? Or is that what you mean by reinstalling it? I ask because I recently went round and round trying to figure out why an updated mod wasn't functioning properly. I finally got two people over at the mod creator's discord to help me. Turns out, it was a corrupted game save file.

I've since had to restart that family, from scratch. Luckily, my one Sim was in my library. I made his family using the genetics tab in CAS before. This time I played around with it, randomizing his parents and his siblings so they didn't all look so completely alike. But, the main thing is, you may need to start fresh.

I hope doing a reinstall (or refreshing your documents Sims 4 folder, if they aren't the same thing) does the trick for you. Nothing like frustration to ruin your day, eh? Best of luck to you!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    I tried the table thing on a fresh save, and still had problems. I discovered though, that you have to actually have chairs at the table to use the place settings. And it works with some on my CC but not all of it, which I expected. But what I didn't expect is that it doesn't work with some of my CC dining chairs. Like, say I'm using a vanilla dining table with CC chairs. There is a possibility that if it's old CC the option to set the table won't come up, despite the table being a vanilla table. Such a struggle I've had lately.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Place settings are not in the base game you have to have Parenthood Game pack to enabled the place settings, was added as a way to get responsiblity with children and teens.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    yeah, it seems that any of the CC i downloaded before parenthood was released wont allow the table settings. But I expected that. I just was unaware of actually needing table AND chairs. But it makes sense, so the AI would know how many places to set. Seems to be working well now.

If only I could figure out my disappearing friezes.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Did you try removing your mods folder temporarily, then run the game? If it still won't work with a clean game, try repairing the game in Origin.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    yeah, it seems that any of the CC i downloaded before parenthood was released wont allow the table settings. But I expected that. I just was unaware of actually needing table AND chairs. But it makes sense, so the AI would know how many places to set. Seems to be working well now.

If only I could figure out my disappearing friezes.

I think the disappearing friezes is a bug. Pretty sure I saw that mentioned recently. Check here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.