Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 and Housing/properties.

I think that in The Sims 5, we should be able to rent a house or apartments if we have apartments in the base game. For example I would like sims to be able to rent, this means they have to sign a lease, they would then have an inspection every month or few months where the landlord comes and looks at the house, if it is messy they will get a warning, and if it is messy when they come again Sims can be evicted.

The player could decide in edit world whether a house should be rent only or buy only, and this can be changed. Sims could own more than one house and be the landlord to someone else, the player would then set the rents, and if you play the family that moves in, the rents will stay the same.

There should also be Public Housing, where players can build public housing and make it nice or make it not good, these would have lower rents and longer leases. We could build apartments then that is Publicly owned, or townhouses or units or normal houses, and maybe even semi-detached or attached houses

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like this idea. :) I loved the landlord mod for TS2. Since I played rotationally it was fun to be the landlord and the tenant. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Wowww I was just thinking something similar yesterday. Great minds.

I like the idea of them not being able to make changes to a house’s exterior like it is now for apartments if they are renting the home. And of course the rent would be fixed as well for the home. Then they can choose an option on the phone or computer if they ever decide to buy the home and it’ll be like a lump sum or something.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Yes! I love the life simulation aspect of the game... I dont like having a smartphone without buying it... or clothes costing no money... or a fully stocked fridge... all of this should be buyable... like our every day life.. I would love turn ons and turn offs and a many interests to give sims personality..
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Yes! I love the life simulation aspect of the game... I dont like having a smartphone without buying it... or clothes costing no money... or a fully stocked fridge... all of this should be buyable... like our every day life.. I would love turn ons and turn offs and a many interests to give sims personality..
    Completely agree with you on everything. Why is every outfit unlocked and the fridge always stocked no challenge and it really made Get to Work retail useless why go to the clothing store your Sim owns everything already.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"