Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My worlds... tips?

PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
I know some simmers out there have rebuilt every lot and basically recreated the whole map - this is something I wanna try and do as a side "project" but I'm not the best builder..

I sometimes - more often than not - use the gallery and then tweak things to suit the packs I have and the styles I prefer but I want to "challenge" myself - does anyone have any tips/tricks/advice?
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Would you like some advice from a terrible builder? Well, it's free so ... I guess you can't return it. :smile:

I started building myself a while ago, because I could not use gallery builds for my own Sims. I have this weird space thing and after removing 30-40% of the furniture and clutter a lot of the builds lost their interior charm. I still use gallery builds for townies though. Anyway, I do manage to build something half decent once in a while. This is a house I built for one of my Sims in StrangerVille last weekend and even though the exterior is not all done yet, I find it quite nice:

1H9sryU.jpg

This is mostly due to the fact that I used a picture I googled. I think I googled something like "house two gables" and then fell in love with this one because it was blue and had this dark wooden door. So my first tip would be, always use a picture. Even better: picture and floorplan. It will make a huge difference.
    The other thing I noticed is that if I don't like a build, it is mostly due to the roofing. So my second tip is, watch roofing tutorials. I am not a fan of any Simtuber, but The Sim Supply has a good one and so does lilsimsie. If you get the roofing under control your builds will look much better.

Hope you'll get some more advice from good builders!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member

Take it slow.

Building a lot of things at once will deplete your creativity.

If you feel like giving up, take a break and come back.

Look up pics of houses and try to recreate.

Google floor plans, and modify them to work for your needs.

Watch building videos on youtube, that helped me learn new things.

Give each neighborhood a theme, or give each lot a different budget.

Remember there is no wrong way to do something... (unless its unplayable.. then that's not right, you gotta fix it).

2ynjgg8.png