Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back robbers and firefighters.

hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
When playing the Sims 3 I enjoyed the whole idea that your house may randomly be broken into in the middle of the night, being able to have an alarm that will alert this police if this were to happen, and robbing houses yourself. Along with this I enjoyed being able to call firefighters when a fire broke out, I know we have that new sprinkler system that will easily just put out the fire itself, but I don't like putting it on my household lots as that isn't as realistic as it would be to put on commercial lots. I'd really like to see these integrated into the Sims 4 again. Any thoughts? (As I was making this thread I pressed enter a little too early and couldn't put all the poll options I wanted. Other options would be to bring back both, or don't bring them back).

Bring back robbers and firefighters. 46 votes

Bring back robbers/robbing
45%
alan650111craftaholicCinebarmarcel21KaeChan2089JennyggCaityTrinamannannavioletta3AlbaWaterhouseannaliese39nessatay1920snowandbriarthatsnotswegMs_MikaKathesaurhipotonixMissyChariotGroovyTurtlezMarieee33 21 votes
Bring back firefighters
54%
redrogue60HejixAnmirlafriendlysimmersBagoas77tonymcanallytaydevkatka_kynclovamariajane216Internal_Chaoslexus20JLH4ACdeemiles1992AshtontoAshton22Evil_kyttiAngelSimmzDarTeachesListentoToppDoggDianesimsMzdm3nr 25 votes

Comments

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Bring back both! like if you want both of them back too
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member

Yes, I agree. Why choose? I want burglars, firefighters, and police NPCs too... I even miss Mrs Crumplebottom. It just feels wrong without them.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You should’ve added an option for both.
  • hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member

Yes, I agree. Why choose? I want burglars, firefighters, and police NPCs too... I even miss Mrs Crumplebottom. It just feels wrong without them.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    You should’ve added an option for both.
    ...I'd really like to see these integrated into the Sims 4 again. Any thoughts? (As I was making this thread I pressed enter a little too early and couldn't put all the poll options I wanted. Other options would be to bring back both, or don't bring them back).

I wrote in the description that I pressed enter on accident when making the poll and couldn't add them, when you make a poll on these forums you can't edit it so those options were unfortunately left out.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Bring back firefighters
    The firefighter career in ts3 was buggy, but it was still a hell of a lotta fun.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Neutral on firefighters, but no to robbers. Burglaries are no fun. The burglar either forces you into buy mode to replace the item (annoying delay, no gameplay worth, same as the repoman) or takes a non-replaceable collectable (enraging). At least in Sims 2 I could befriend and move in the burglar and they would still have the item in their inventory. But Sims 4 probably won't save their inventory.
    I'd be okay with robberies if they took money.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wrote in the description that I pressed enter on accident when making the poll and couldn't add them, when you make a poll on these forums you can't edit it so those options were unfortunately left out.

Yes so you did, sorry. I just meant I wouldn't be able to choose between them. If you forced me though, then burglars would get my vote since I think TS4 could do with a bit more chaos. >:) I would also want the brave trait back and the ability to fight burglars and hand them over to the cops.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Bring back firefighters
    none of the above unless they include toggles to turn them off in the game options
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    none of the above unless they include toggles to turn them off in the game options

Good point. I can’t imagine firefighters being a problem for folks but I could see having an option to disable being robbed being important for folks.
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Bring back both! Couldn't tell you how frustrating it was to find out no firefighters were coming to the rescue. I miss the robbers, always a great laugh.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Bring back firefighters
    Why do we have fire alarms if we don't have firefighters?!? I watched my sim burning last day and was quite confused.

Also, now in strangerville, men in black steal confiscate your fridge... Reminds me when the burglar stole your bath...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Bring back firefighters
    I only want firefighters.
  • AllisimAllisim Posts: 19 Member
    Both, of you can toggle it on and off or buy/upgrade ways to safen your home
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    All of them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Bring back firefighters
    I hated burglars in TS2 and TS3 so I don't miss them at all, but I'd like firefighters to come back.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Both really, but I think the burglars created a little more chaos for the poor starter Sim who couldn't afford a burglar alarm. ( sims1 )
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want both but only after cars return I don't want my firefighters to poof on the lot I want them driving in their truck with the lights flashing and the robbers to be placed in the backseat of the cop car not to just poof off the lot after being captured.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Both.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Bring back both, and npc police who bring back kids on the bunk. Uniforms are already there fro. GTW.
    They have the break on animation pretty much made with vampire break ins, just change creepy walk to a sneaky wall (can just lower the arms even and it'd be sneaky) and then random swipe objects. The works half done for that.

I also would personally love firehighters again, the alarms feel pointless without a sprinkler box when it should bring an npc
    caitytrina.png