Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bit of an unusual question, but...

Does anyone know of a mod that prevents unlucky sims from being spared by the grim reaper? I was thinking of playing a legacy family cursed with bad luck, but then I remembered this tidbit about the trait and it threw a wrench into things as I don’t want my sims to be spared should they meet unexpected deaths. Where’s the fun in that?

I can always not use it of course, but I really liked the idea of each family member inheriting the trait. Maybe I could substitute it with another trait? Loser seems like the closest relative to Unlucky, but I don’t really see these sims as losers, so I’m reluctant to use that one.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I don't know of such a mod, but there are mods which you can use to kill sims (NRaas MasterController has a 'Force Kill' option). So, I was thinking you could play with the Unlucky trait and if an unexpected death occurs then: wait until the sim is resurrected, remove the Unlucky trait with MasterController (I think you'll need the MC Cheats module), then redo the death with a mod. I've never use the Force Kill option so I don't know how it works, or whether it works on sims with the Unlucky trait.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Unlucky shouldn't be a problem. Force Kill just puts their urn directly in the graveyard. Grimmie doesn't even show up.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I don't know of such a mod, but there are mods which you can use to kill sims (NRaas MasterController has a 'Force Kill' option). So, I was thinking you could play with the Unlucky trait and if an unexpected death occurs then: wait until the sim is resurrected, remove the Unlucky trait with MasterController (I think you'll need the MC Cheats module), then redo the death with a mod. I've never use the Force Kill option so I don't know how it works, or whether it works on sims with the Unlucky trait.
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Unlucky shouldn't be a problem. Force Kill just puts their urn directly in the graveyard. Grimmie doesn't even show up.
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I’ll try this method. :)