Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why MAGIC needs to be an EXPANSION not GAME PACK

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Magic needs to be an Expansion pack, there is so much potential! Besides witches they could also add werewolves and fairies, and if they're truly fleshed out and a new world, that would justify it being an expansion pack.

I honestly don't believe we're going to get another 3 occult GPs. That's why we should get witches alongside werewolves and fairies in one dedicated Magic Supernatural EP. We're not going to have 4 occult GPs in total. Witches, werewolves and fairies are all a bit magical, and we're not going to have the same theme over and over again. They should be in one pack.
Besides that there could be better interaction between these occults if they're in one pack. (For example witches having to use fairy dust for a potion that she can only get by befriending a fairy)
Some potential ideas:
  • Magic spells
  • Dragon pets
  • Alchemy skill and potions
  • Cauldron (to brew potions)
  • Fortune telling & Crystal ball
  • Flying broom
  • Magic duels
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I don't care if we're going to get Occults in GPs or in an EP
    i only care about two things
    1-we should get Werewolves and Witches before EAxis moves on to ts5
    2-Werewolves and Witches should both have powers/weaknesses tree. Even if it's not full of options like the vampires' one
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd be a little petty if I learn Sorcerers will have to share the stage with Werewolves in one Pack.
    Even though that those are the two biggest Life States I need the most, and it be giving me both things I want at once.
    Just knowing that one is imposing on the other's fullest potential would be devastating.

Werewolves could get a Game Pack alone, and Sorcerers & Elvish, could get the Expansion, that may something I would be okay with.
    But to group them all together, is a bad idea. I still cringe when I think of Supernatural.

Again I Say "Sorcerers" to project my distain for Basic Witches it is time Magic and it's Utilizers, got an upgrade. it should be everything we've gotten and more. Witches need to reach their full potential and be replaced by Sorcerers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Mason maybe sorcerers and fairies could come in the same pack, as they have similar powers...
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant EA needs to read this.

tenor.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Mason maybe sorcerers and fairies could come in the same pack, as they have similar powers...

thats what I said, Werewolves could get the game pack, and Sorcerers and Elven could get the Expansion.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I haven't played with these occults before, but I love the ones I have (plantsims, aliens, vampires throughout various Sims iterations). I think an expansion could be good, but only if they don't cut corners (like ts4 aliens) and make everything as well as they did with ts4 vampires. Mostly I want an expansion because I want an awesome magical world to play in that's bigger than forgotten hollow. But I guess considering strangerville that could happen with a game pack.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I think they'd make sense as game packs or collected supernatural pack. I'd rather pay for one expansion than several game packs like, but they are more fleshed out as shown in vampires dedicated GP. Getting green skin could be a flaw in a witches perk system
    caitytrina.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    to be honest i do not care for supernaturals lifestates i do not even play vampires i bough the pack mostly for the content the only way i would not mnd them is if they include toggles to turn them off in game options like in the sims3 even do i am more on the sims4 now
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    Would love this for sure <3 and maybe they can expand the Base Game Voodoo and Book of Life interactions too?

For those of you who are familiar with Sims4Studio, theres a tag for Witches under the outfit category tags
    PK2wesk.jpg

Who knows, perhaps our Witches/Wizards/Sorceress/Sorcerers/ can wear a disguise under the new outfit slot :smiley: like the Aliens occult from Get to Work
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    As a non-magical simmer I would prefer it to be in an EP, like that it lets more places for intersting GP's.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    will would be open to game packs or expansion packs B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    2-Werewolves and Witches should both have powers/weaknesses tree. Even if it's not full of options like the vampires' one

Same. I don't mind if they come together in a Supernatual EP or in GPs, just as long as we get witches, werewolves and hopefully fairies too. My vampires need some occult rivals and friends.
  • daisy15666daisy15666 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Magic needs to be an Expansion pack, there is so much potential! Besides witches they could also add werewolves and fairies, and if they're truly fleshed out and a new world, that would justify it being an expansion pack.
    >
    > I honestly don't believe we're going to get another 3 occult GPs. That's why we should get witches alongside werewolves and fairies in one dedicated Magic Supernatural EP. We're not going to have 4 occult GPs in total. Witches, werewolves and fairies are all a bit magical, and we're not going to have the same theme over and over again. They should be in one pack.
    > Besides that there could be better interaction between these occults if they're in one pack. (For example witches having to use fairy dust for a potion that she can only get by befriending a fairy)
    > Some potential ideas:
    > * Magic spells
    > * Dragon pets
    > * Alchemy skill and potions
    > * Cauldron (to brew potions)
    > * Fortune telling & Crystal ball
    > * Flying broom
    > * Magic duels
    >
    >
    > For those that don't want occults, there could be a new career: Occult Hunter. :D Hunt down occults and "cure" them and turn them into regular Sims.

i agree to all of this because i dont really want to have pay for heaps of little amounts for lots of packs when we could have them all in one big pack
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

Exactly this! I’ll be absolutely satisfied to have witches and werewolves in my game. They definitely need a power tree, Vampires really got that aspect of the game right.

Although personally I would prefer for supernatural life states to each come in their own dedicated pack imo. I’d rather have them focus on fully building each occult individually than to bundle them all in one. I’d be afraid that the quality would suffer
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    What's the relation between werewolves and magic?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    What's the relation between werewolves and magic?

The fact that we won‘t get werewolves if they‘re not in Realm Of Magic.
    What other pack do you think they‘ll fit in? Farming?

I don‘t think they‘re gonna do another game pack, only focused on werewolves.
    a256aFi.gif