March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

The Island - A Sims 3 Reality Show - Trial 1 on Page 5!

twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,146 Member
2ryg6qr.png

"Where am I? How did I get here? ... Who are these people?!"

Tachiko: Welcome to The Island. My name is Tachiko and I will be your Host. The Island is a Sims 3 Reality Show where a group of strangers wake up on a deserted Island with no idea of how they got there, All they know is that several weeks ago they signed up to play a game for the chance to win 500,000 Simoleons. Now they have been taken away from their everyday lives and brought to The Island where they will compete against each other in trials attempting to avoid being Banished from The Island never to return...

If you'd like to play, please read the CAST section below to find an application form and please read the rules/how the show works before signing up! Thanks and Good Luck!

HOW THE SHOW WORKS:
The show is an interactive reality gameshow, which loosely follows the set-up of shows like Survivor/US Big Brother however there are some differences.
The game will be played on the forum so your actions will dictate how the story unfolds! For example, If you win a trial, your sim will win a trial! If you are voted out your sim will be voted out ect.
I will act as the host of the show and will create the story in the form of episodes/chapters as well as set up the challenges, nominations and will also reveal the results.

TRIALS:
Each episode everyone will compete in a Trial which will determine the weeks placements, The Highest scorer/Winner of the Trial will be that weeks MVP and will be automatically immune from Banishment/Being voted out.

MVP:
As winner of the Trial the MVP (Most Valuable Player) will not only be Immune from elimination but will also rank their fellow players (Apart from themselves) in a list of who is Most Valuable to Least Valuable, The two players ranked lowest on the list will be nominated for Banishment and may be eliminated at the next elimination ceremony.

BANISHMENT:
The two lowest ranked players will be up for elimination at the Banishment ceremony, In this ceremony the remaining players in the game who have not been nominated will vote to SAVE one of the two nominees, After the votes have been counted the person with the most votes to SAVE will be safe for one more week, The other player will be Banished from The Island and is out of the game. In the event of a Tie the MVP will decide who to Banish.

THE FINAL TWO:
Once only two players remain in the game, All the previously Banished players will return to cast their vote on who they think should be crowned the Winner, This is where making alliances with your fellow players is encouraged as even though you must vote people out, these people will eventually determine your fate in the game!

DIARY ROOM ENTRIES (DRE'S):
The whole Island is fitted with secret cameras capturing your sims every move! *Looks around suspiciously* If you'd like you can send me a short Diary Room Entry in which you can speak as one of your sims about the game, other players or about events on The Island which will appear at some point in the story!
Simply send me a Private Message with what you'd like your sim to say to the camera and it will appear in the next avalible episode (Whenever possible)

Feel free to have your sim say whatever you'd like but please do not be offensive to real life players or say anything too inappropriate, remember Forum rules apply. Also please no "god-modding" or controlling of other people's sims without permission. In short, Just be kind, courteous and responsible but I'm sure you will be. :heart:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me on the thread or you can PM me! :blush:

Post edited by twiddle3 on

Comments

• twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,146 Member
    edited April 2019
    261ksgp.png
    1pwfmd.png
    THE CAST:
    From Left to Right:
    Elijah Haylock + Dante the Bear - Ninjakid150
    Naveen Patel - HayloHusky
    Janine Schiffer - YJB19299
    Chase McHugh - Alleenmens
    Sofia + Tomas Sampson - WinteryGarnet
    Lea Matolla -Smarties100
    Miss Tereya - M13Vulpecula

Please submit 1 Male and 1 Female Sim App, This is to ensure both a wide range of different characters and an equal balance of both Male and Female characters, I will then choose which 1 of your apps has been cast.
    Please also make sure your sim is YA or above, Thanks!

(TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW AND SEND IT TO ME VIA PM):
    Username:
    Male/Female Sim Name:
    Age (18+):
    Sexuality:
    Occupation/Job:
    Short Introduction to the camera (Written as your sim introducing themselves to The Host):
    Short Bio (Please tell us a bit about yourself!):
    What is your favourite food?:
    What is your favourite colour?:
    What is your biggest fear?:
    Sim Link:

EXAMPLE APP:
    Username: Twiddle3 or Twidz

Female Sim Name: Tachiko Yamada

Age (18+): 29

Sexuality: Lesbian (Married)

Occupation/Job: Reality Show Host/Professional Actress

Short Introduction to the camera (Written as your sim introducing themselves to The Host): "Hello, My name is Tachiko, It's very nice to meet you, I can't wait to play the game! I'm not sure why I'm talking to myself, That's what you get for being alone on an island for too long I guess?"

Short Bio (Please tell us a bit about yourself!): I'm originally from Tokyo and my first language is Japanese but I learned English while I was at school, I'm a bit of a Jetsetter, I go from place to place and travel all over the world. I'm married to my partner of 3 years Cleo and I'm also a semi-professional actress, I've had small acting parts in numerous Crime Drama shows such as CSI: Bridgeport and McGuffin.

What is your favourite food?: Key Lime Pie and Green Tea Ice Cream

What is your favourite colour?: Seafoam Green

What is your biggest fear?: Clowns, They are like so creepy, I just can't deal with people in masks and stuff.

Sim Link: N/A

MY EPs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons.
    MY SPs: High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Town Life, Movie.

I also have a ton of Store Content so let me know if you want to use any, I might have it in game.
    Please keep CC to a minimum, I don't want too much in my game if possible. ;)

edited April 2019

edited April 2019
    t65vmo.png
    CURRENT TRIAL:

2remwqd.jpg

TRIAL 1: PET ROCK ADOPTION SERVICE

This is a Rock, Amazing right? Yep, I think so too, That's why for today's Trial you'll be adopting your very own pet rock, You'll be feeding them, training them, taking them for walks and the most important part? You'll be naming them!

For this challenge, it's your job to come up with a name for your pet rock and send it to me via PM.

Don't tell anyone the name you have picked just yet however because for the next part of the challenge you'll be trying to guess the names of the other player's pet rocks!

There are a number of ways you can do this, You can work in groups and share your names (It'll be like a pet rock play date! So cute! :3 ) or you can trade your rocks name in exchange for someone else's, The possibilities are endless! Be creative and you may just be the first to discover them all!

Once you have all of the names write them down on this handy little list and send them to me, The first person to correctly guess all of the rock's names and PM me there list wins!
    Pet Rock List - Trial 1:
    Elijah Haylock/Ninjakid150 =
    Naveen Patel/HayloHusky =
    Janine Schiffer/YJB19299 =
    Chase McHugh /Alleenmens =
    Sofia + Tomas Sampson/WinteryGarnet =
    Lea Matolla/Smarties100 =
    Miss Tereya/M13Vulpecula =

As an extra layer of difficulty try choosing a name that'll be hard for others to just guess at random, Here is a good example:
    2lxt2td.jpg

Reginald J. Rockworthy III

You may also decorate your pet rocks if you so wish (This is optional) This will not add to your score but will make them individual and pretty. <3

Remember guys, A Rock is for life not just for Christmas!

Okay, I think I need to stop drinking seawater...

So a quick recap of what I need from you:
    1. Come up with a name for your pet rock (and a pic of your chosen rock if you so wish) and PM it to me.
    2. Share or Trade your name with others in order to learn the names of all the rocks (Optionally you could also try to guess the names)
    3. Fill in the List with the names of the different rocks (Or as many as you can) and PM me with the list.

Good luck and If anyone has any questions please ask away! :smile:

edited April 2019
    30ua83c.png

"Reserved for future use"
    Meanwhile, Here is a duck... 🦆
    Oh and feel free to post now! :)

• HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,247 Member
    My pet rock is in!
    Taiha_Signature.png
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    My pet rock is in!

Cool, I'll add you to the list Haylo! :)

(And somebody clearly didn't read the fine print, What am I going to do with a bunch of rocks on The Island? You can't cook 'em, you can't eat them, they're useless to me!) :D

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,540 Member
    I am in this :)
    Rebecca%2BSupport%2BBanner.png
    Can't wait to see who you submit Yannik, Wondering if we'll see a S3 version Of TJ or if it'll be someone new entirely?

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 18,745 Member
    So the game is pretty much a Big Brother game but without a Veto power and it plays on an island?

Put me on the maybe list please. :)
    So the game is pretty much a Big Brother game but without a Veto power and it plays on an island?

Put me on the maybe list please. :)

Yes, that is the basics of it, Though it's more like a game of Survivor that starts at the merge than anything, Like I said it's kind of a mix of both shows with some different bits added from other ones.

I'll put you on the list now Vul. :)

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,337 Member
    I want to see Mary Poppins on this island :joy:

Me please!
    coffee_in_rain_by_kirokaze-d98qb8z.gif
    edited March 2019
    ChocoCub wrote: »

Me please!

So do I, Choco, So do I. :D

Added to the list, Can't wait to see who you submit!

twiddle3 wrote: »

Me please!

So do I, Choco, So do I. :D

Added to the list, Can't wait to see who you submit!

Mary Poppins I guess? ;)
    Would it be a nice idea if we keep the island circumstances in mind and have our Sims appear in outfits that'd be practical for island life?

That'd be really cool asthetically. :)
    Would it be a nice idea if we keep the island circumstances in mind and have our Sims appear in outfits that'd be practical for island life?

Sure, If you'd like, That sounds cool, You don't have to if you don't want to but if you want your sims to look like they've been shipwrecked or are ready to live on an Island for a few weeks to fit in with the theme then by all means do.

• HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,247 Member
    So they’ll be island living :3 Good to know :3 I’ll keep that in mind when I make my sims.
    Taiha_Signature.png

Sure, If you'd like, That sounds cool, You don't have to if you don't want to but if you want your sims to look like they've been shipwrecked or are ready to live on an Island for a few weeks to fit in with the theme then by all means do.

I have seen Sims in the past who knowingly would compete in a survival show and then put on their fanciest dress XD #LogicFail
    So they’ll be island living :3 Good to know :3 I’ll keep that in mind when I make my sims.

Yeah, Think the TV show Lost kinds of Island Living and mystery. That should give you a rough idea of the overall theme.

Yeah, Think the TV show Lost kinds of Island Living and mystery. That should give you a rough idea of the overall theme.

Hmm, that makes me wonder whether there's an overall mystery story arc lurking above our Simmies' heads...

I have seen Sims in the past who knowingly would compete in a survival show and then put on their fanciest dress XD #LogicFail

I've seen seasons of Survivor do that where they tell the cast that they are being flown out to an island to do publicity shots and then they tell them that they'll be starting the game immediately wearing the clothes that they have.

Then you see the people wearing high heels and expensive suits start to panic. Also, Never wear jeans on Survivor. :D

If I ever go on Survivor I'm wearing a Top hat and tails just to be anarchistic. ;)

I've seen seasons of Survivor do that where they tell the cast that they are being flown out to an island to do publicity shots and then they tell them that they'll be starting the game immediately wearing the clothes that they have.

Then you see the people wearing high heels and expensive suits start to panic. Also, Never wear jeans on Survivor. :D

If I ever go on Survivor I'm wearing a Top hat and tails just to be anarchistic. ;)

Bwahah, such a cruel twist. Poor people.

A top hat does sound really practical though, I mean, the brim would offer a good bit of protection from the sun. :) Plus it could be used to smuggle extra food from the group so you can secretly eat a little more than the rest and keep your reserves up a little longer too. >:)
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 17,836 Member
    Me me... ;)
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Me me... ;)

Yay! Alleen! I'll put you down on the reserve list. :)

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,337 Member
    edited March 2019
    This kinda reminds of me of the contestants in Turner's The Mole season 5 where some people were wearing some sort of semi-formal attires whilst trapped on a deserted island. That is just cruel, lol.

Also I've reread the setups and it says that our sims would not know that they're being trapped on the island? Wouldn't that mean they wouldn't know in advance that they shouldn't be wearing high heels or fancy suits? :b
    coffee_in_rain_by_kirokaze-d98qb8z.gif
    This kinda reminds of me of the contestants in Turner's The Mole season 5 where some people were wearing some sort of semi-formal attires whilst trapped on a deserted island. That is just cruel, lol.

Also I've reread the setups and it says that our sims would not know that they're being trapped on the island? Wouldn't that mean they wouldn't know in advance that they shouldn't be wearing high heels or fancy suits? :b

That is true Choco, Just have your sim wear whatever they would normally wear, Once they've been on the island for a while they could always have a change of clothes to something more suitable like Vul suggested.

Like you said it would make more sense having someone turn up in a suit or fancy dress at first.